[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you look in the mirror >tfw you know that you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 19
File: mfw.jpg (19 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
19 KB, 500x332
>tfw you look in the mirror
>tfw you know that you're attractive
>tfw god granted you no social skills
>but you're attractive
>tfw you're depressed as a result of being lonely
>but you're attractive
>tfw you go on tinder and get a thousand matches
>tfw you know you'll never meet up with any of them because it's weird
>but you're attractive
>tfw girls look at you
>tfw you scare girls off because you're weird
>but you're attractive
>tfw it'd be selfish to commit suicide when you're so pretty
>mfw
>>
post picture of your face then fgt
>>
>>9132914
sorry to break your bubble but you might not be as pretty as you say

i really recommend reading some self-help books

i used to have my head up my ass treating people like shit, i thought it was their fault for not liking me

now i've tried to change and i hope i'm not a douchebag any more

people actually talk to me and i enjoy social interaction now

so yeah it worked for me
>>
>>9132935
can you recc some books?
>>
File: 3202_6054_390.jpg (23 KB, 390x552) Image search: [Google]
3202_6054_390.jpg
23 KB, 390x552
>>9132935

did any book/author in particular work for you? or were you able to form your own general opinion based off of a few things and gradually change your attitude?
>>
/r/ing 1000 matches picture , you must live in a big city
>>
>>9132935
>i really recommend reading some self-help books
>self-help books

ultimate pleb detected
>>
@9132920
Isn't that picture him?
I'm not very familiar with this website
>>
>>9132984
Jesus christ lmao
>>
>>9132984
10/10
>>
File: 00197305.jpg (45 KB, 470x432) Image search: [Google]
00197305.jpg
45 KB, 470x432
>>9132914
>Smoking in your house
>>
File: bait.png (57 KB, 625x656) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
57 KB, 625x656
>>9132984
>>
how did i get here i just wanted to check my email
>>
>>9133008
press cntrol + alt + glass key
>>
>>9133015
thank
>>
>>9132914
I know i'm 8/10 atleast but i have no social skills either, but then i really fell for some girl i met on a random occasion and i conjured up this wicked self esteem. I went out of my way to be social and ask her out and stuff, worked really good and now i have a great girlfriend. Maybe you are just built for a girl you haven't met, yet. It'll happen if you just let it, but don't go looking for too much or it wouldn't seem special.
>>
>>9133023
>this is op
>>
>>9132914
I'm kind of in the same boat, I'm good looking but I've been a fatty from around when I was 10 years old all the way to around my 17th birthday. That was about 5 years ago, but I'm still so insecure because I've never built good social skills during that period of my life. I've had sex and I've had gfs, but now I haven't had sex in over a year or a gf in almost 2 years. I feel like I'm wasting my youth away. All I do is go to uni, go to the gym, watch movies or read books. Pic related, a bit older pic of me
>>
>>9133028
Nah, just thought i'd do my good deed for the day and prevent suicide with 1 minute of care.
>>
>>9133032
dude there are more things to life than girls, it's all about perspectives and when you finally realize that the only reason you are unhappy is because of how you are looking at life, then you'll head towards the direction of enlightenment
>>
>>9133032
matej my man
>>
>>9133054
Yeah, you're right, I kind of worded it wrong. I guess what I was trying to say is that even though I know I'm leading an ok life for a middle-class student (uni, hanging out with friends, gym, movies, books, etc.), I feel like it would be elevated further if I had someone to share it with for a bit. I'm not looking to get married or for a really serious relationship, but having someone to just be there at the end of the day would be nice. I understand what you meant & agree with you completely.
>>
>>9133068
My name looks so word now that I see it on 4chan. Slav names are the worst, why couldn't I have had a /fa/ universal name. Anyway, what's up my friend
>>
>>9132949
>>9132952
I think I posted this somewhere last time, but if you're going to read anything at all, read these two:
>How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
>Models - Mark Manson

First one is probably one of the most popular books of its type in the world. Explains a lot about how humans think, and how you can use that to get them to like you. Just one example I recall from the book: people like talking about themselves. If you talk about yourself all the time, they're going to be bored. But if you ask them questions about themselves and listen carefully, they'll consider you a good conversationalist (even if you don't say much).

The second book is more dating-oriented, but the advice in it helps with any social interaction. It's basically a step-by-step guide on how to talk to people, bond with them, and most importantly, be confident in yourself. Perfect for idiots like me who are (were) too "autistic" to figure out what you should say when, how you should look etc.

But yeah, take a look at those two and let me know.
>>9132983
There's nothing wrong with self-improvement. Sure, some books are obvious BS, but there are some which are solid advice.
>>9133032
don't waste your youth man
find something you want to do then do it
watching netflix and procrastinating all day just doesn't give any purpose to life
>>9133073
makes sense. i really suggest reading Models which i recommended earlier. answers exactly the question you're asking.
>>
>>9133113
thanks for the suggestion, I've been looking for something new to read for a while now
>>
fuck off you whiny pussy and kill yourself
>>
Sometimes I feel like my face is wasted on such a boring person who cant afford a nice camera.........
>>
>>9132914
I've noticed the most alpha people aren't even aware they're alpha. They're just naturally confident, and they never stop to even think about the fact that they're alpha. Get over yourself, you're not attractive. No one is attractive, some people will find you ugly and other people won't. Confident people don't worry about their looks or genetics, they're just acting natural. Go have fun.
>>
File: autism.gif (2 MB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
2 MB, 200x176
>>9132914
So basically you're a poor man's Ryan Gosling?
>>
Just take shrooms and realize you aren't the center of the universe
Same w this nigga >>9133113,
You could read books that teach you how to game people into thinking you like them so that they like you; or you could work on being genuinely interested in others and gtf over yourself
>>
fuck you nerd trade me
>>
>>9132935
can you die yet?
>>
>>9135009
Decent
>>
>>9135028
i love u
>>
>people complaining about social skills
that's what you get for spending all your development years in front of a screen.

Go outside
>>
>tfw good at socializing but absolutely loathe it

I've talked myself out of fucking everything, from professors about to fail me for being a noshow hiki to traffic tickets to my parents wondering why I'm not graduating on time. I lie constantly, I don't even think about it. And apparently I'm fucking good at it because so far nobody has called me on my bullshit.

I just wish I went into acting instead of chemical engineering. I've even been on a spate of local TV programs and I've been in a few d-list ""reality"" shows through friends (mostly that godawful amish mafia thing, apparently whoever they were filming it around backed out so they had to bullshit half the season. For $50/hour I was cheaper than a union actor". And yet despite all this I hate talking to people and hate feeling emotions. I feel like I should get help but what is there to help?
>>
>>9133113
this has never worked for me

I'm always there for my friends. I'm always willing to listen when they need to vent, or need another opinion, etc. I almost always accept an offer to hang out & do something.

Just last week I was talking to a female friend in NYC (I'm on the opposite coast), right, and we're talking about our lives and what's new etc (we confide in each other close shit). So I ask her, can I vent? I make sure she says yes. Because I don't want to vent to some1 who doesn't wanna hear it. Anyway she says yes, so I tell her about my friend situation here, how since moving here 2 months ago I've made 3 friends and since then theyre completely ignored me. How I feel very alone, etc. And she replies with "anon, I'm moving to a new city in 6 months". She starts complaining about her own life; she criticizes me for trying to vent;

I don't know I don't want to continue typing it bc it's not that interesting, but like, being there for friends if anything just makes them take advantage of you. It's happened to me in all of my friendships. When it's your turn to empty your heart they run away.
>>
>tfw you compulsive observe and criticize yourself in anything reflective
>tfw you have no idea if you're attractive or hideous or anywhere inbetween
>tfw this doubtful perception is the outlook I have on every aspect of my life
>>
File: 1365729877806.jpg (115 KB, 591x530) Image search: [Google]
1365729877806.jpg
115 KB, 591x530
>>9135055
>tfw extremely good liar as long as I'm calm
>tfw social anxiety
>tfw become a terrible liar as soon as I encounter situations that prompt my anxiety (job interviews, authority figures like cops etc.)

fuck me
>>
>>9135058
>>9135106
I had social anxiety when I was growing up to the point where I would have a panic attack every time I went into public. In middle school I would break into a cold sweat on the ride to school because I loathed being in public. I developed rashes and skin conditions purely because of how much stress I was under just living a normal life.

I never got treatment for it, and I eventually learned to cope with it. While I've grown more confident and don't get nervous/anxious as much, I still actively am nervous on a regular basis. I've just learned to deal with my nervousness to the point that even if my heart is racing I am able to act normal.

I joined debate/government/other speaking things in high school and am 100% confident bullshitting and speaking in front of large crowds of people. Because I've been nervous so much I perform best when I'm under a lot of pressure.
>>
>tfw ugly
>tfw when bad social skills

god damn
>>
>>9135134

I'm getting better as well, 2 years ago I could not deal with any form of social interaction whatsoever.

i'm closer to normalcy than ever, but situations that put pressure on me (public speaking or shit like job interviews as I said before) still kill me. if it weren't for that and the constant state of paranoia when out in public, i'd be okay.

still, gotta keep at it and try and make progress.
>>
>>9135160
The more exposure you get the better you'll be for it. It sucks but it's the only way. Some anon linked this in a feels thread on here awhile back and thought it was an interesting read. It's about dating, but the same principle can be applied to social interaction.

http://markmanson.net/power-in-vulnerability
>>
>>9135078
This is painfully me
>>
>>9135178

yeah that's what i'm doing. i was on meds for awhile but they didn't help much but i got better through putting myself out there.

still sometimes i feel like i revert because there are days where i just stay inside and watch anime or shit all day.
>>
>>9135069
Think it's because you live in new york. Hasn't new york always had the reputation?
>>
>>9135069
Well they aren't your friends then. Usually I am the one who helps and listens to people but lately I've had a lot of different problems and I've opened my heart to several of my friends and every single one of them has been there for me. Maybe people like me more than I realize but I dunno.
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20 KB, 329x357) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20 KB, 329x357
>tfw you know that you're attractive
>but you're attractive
>and you're gay
>go onto grindr
>have sex

erreyday
>>
File: ... .png (9 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
... .png
9 KB, 405x344
>>9135078
>look huge one day
>look absolutely tiny an hour later
>>
>>9132935
>still on 4chan
>probably not attractive
>>
File: tatami-f-1.png (260 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
tatami-f-1.png
260 KB, 640x360
>>9132914

the meaning of life is to experience it
literally anything
just do it

"idle hands make the devil's work"
"if you think you can, you can. if you think you can't, you're right"
"the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

there's a reason why confidence is the most attractive trait to women

when you haven't even tried because of a self-defeating complex (in turn conjuring a coping rationalization of egocentric delusion) that is when you truly fail at life
>>
>>9135106
>I'm good at deceiving people around me for no gain
>I'm bad at deceiving people who want to give me money

Well if that's your one strength then it's time to let go, bud.
>>
tfw it takes a painful amount of effort to achieve only a 6.5/10 status

i have to be anal about cutting my own hair to minimize weird head shape
i have to buy lots of skin products and stress out about my skin to deal with acne
i have to work out to compensate for my unflattering and disfigured body
i have to be particular with what i wear because i'm only 5'10
i have to force myself to try to enjoy socializing because i don't have anything going for me

too bad there's no good way to compensate for my 5.5 in dick
>>
File: fuck.png (143 KB, 446x335) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
143 KB, 446x335
>tfw face-on, look qt
>side on, nose strange shape and head's a fucking egg
>>
>>9133032
is that you? i think you'd look better with a buzz
>>
File: schmendrickfeels.png (13 KB, 323x387) Image search: [Google]
schmendrickfeels.png
13 KB, 323x387
>>9135267
THAT'S FUNNY, I DON'T REMEMBER MAKING THIS POST
>>
>>9133032
nice forehead
>>
File: 1400292345664.gif (2 MB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
1400292345664.gif
2 MB, 234x200
>>9132984
>>
>>9135218
i've always envy gay people
>>
>>9135255
tell me what to do anon
i'm too depressed to be creative
>>
>>9133032
You're good looking but why would you have that ultra basic bitch haircut

Do something interesting
>>
>>9132914
>so many people starting threads like this
>never post face
>>
>>9135023
fuckin goosey
>>
>>9133032
you pretty try harder
>>
>>9135137
>tfw ugly
>tfw balding
>tfw bad social skills

god damn
>>
>>9132914
i was the same except probably less of a cunt but i had no hope with girls but was very handsome. I bit the bullet and went on a tinder date with a beautiful girl and lost my virginity to her, been dating girls on and off since having no problem getting laid. I'm 17. fake it to you make it is said to death but fuck it works, dont be frigid just do what you want to do
>>
>>9136064
underageb&
>>
I'm moderately handsome but I have Giroud-tier acne scars, is there any hope?
>>
>>9132914
KILL YOURSELF
>>
>tfw was child model in the early 2000s
>tfw never had friends and no one talks to me
>tfw literally dont know how to make friends

feels utterly suicidal
>>
>tfw you know that you're ugly
>and you are ugly
>tfw you're depressed as a result of being lonely
>and you are ugly
>tfw you don't go on tinder because well you are ugly, mate
>tfw you know you'll never meet up with anyone because you are autistic and ugly
>tfw girls look at you
>tfw you scare girls off because they are girls
>and you are ugly
>tfw it'd be a favor to the world if you suicided right now
>mfw
>>
>tfw people uglier than you have girlfriends and are happy
>a-at least I look better than him!
>>
File: fuccface.jpg (91 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
fuccface.jpg
91 KB, 300x430
>>9136250
no face when?
I'll grant you my face, because I know those feels.
They're not always bad feels though.
>>
>>9136275
that's the short version, basically.
>>
>>9136285
oh boy
you'd be better if you had a haircut and got rid of the mexican equivalent of a fu man chu
>>
File: Pj6Kv-s6Bws.jpg (19 KB, 510x340) Image search: [Google]
Pj6Kv-s6Bws.jpg
19 KB, 510x340
>>9132914
holy fuck
this is exactly how I feel
I try to be optimistic, that's always good r-right?
>>
>>9136275
>girls all over campus with ugly basic and often boring dudes
>why.jpg
>meanwhile female friends keep telling me shit like "how has nobody snatched you up yet, anon?"
>"anon who cares about those girls? Almost nobody here deserves you anyway."
>I'm actually confident for the first time in my life, but girls think I'm cocky and just trying to fuck them
>scare off every cute girl because "anon I'm not just going to be another one of your conquests"
>tfw virgin
>tfw only ever kissed on girl, back in the 8th grade

The worst part is that I think being a virgin might be the only thing worse in their eyes than being a "player."
>>
>>9136372
If I did that I'd look like a generic ugly person.
At least now I look like my own kind of ugly person.
>>
>>9136398
>virgin
On the bright side, at least you have something to look forward to, and are at an age where you can properly take everything in

losing my v-card at 15 to some girl just as inexperienced as me wasn't all that magical
>>
>>9136995
>>9136995
you know you can lie about being a virgin right?

just pretend to fumble around and not know how to get it in

by the time they figure it out it's too late

and when they start gossiping about taking some guys virginity to their girlfriends they can all talk/brag then describe you and figure out you "lost your virginity" to all 6 of them that week
>>
>hopeless perfectionist
>look into mirror, see an attractive face
>slowly start focusing on all the details - small acne scars, laugh lines etc
>not very popular, small social circle

>try to overshadow all my flaws/imperfections by mastering as many arts as I can
>weightlifting, running, martial arts
>languages, mathematics, drawing
>many job opportunities
>people who actually bother to talk to me find me interesting

>that great feel when my flaws are working in my favour

I don't even know how I got into this mindset, but I'm so glad I did
>>
>>9135230
wow that picture works very well with this app.
>>
File: what I used to feel.png (25 KB, 790x267) Image search: [Google]
what I used to feel.png
25 KB, 790x267
>>9135078
>>
>>9137037
I'm genuinely happy for you.
I'm most likely on a whole different continent but good fucking job Anon.
Best of luck.
>>
>>9135106
>Anonymous 11/27/14(Thu)01:26:40 No.9135106▶>>9135134 >>9135258

You were never a good liar in the first place then.
>>
>>9132935
fuck off
you literally came on to the narcissist's circlejerk forum and told them to quit being narcissistic.
>>
>>9133032
>dressing for grills
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 500x500
>>9135024
hey if you've actually read even the first chapter of what i've recommended, you'll realize it's not about "gaming people"

people catch on to that shit and it's dishonest and ruins relationships

they're about what you said, "being genuinely interested in others and gtf over yourself"

i know psychedelics have changed some people's view in life but it's not something i'd like to do

thanks for your contribution though
>>
>>9135845
have you sought professional help regarding your depression yet? that would be the first step.
>>
>>9137037
*thumbs up*
you're gonna make it
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 500x667
>>9137233
hey pal, i think there's a healthy distinction between caring about your own appearance and being obsessed with it to the point that it ruins your relationships and life

fyi the forum is called /fa/ - Fashion and narcissism is nowhere implied in the title

cheers
>>
>>9137193
Damn.
>>
>>9137499
mr dubs just tell me something to do
>>
>>9136398
basically the same, had no interest from girls before uni now i have them swarming me but i fuck up every time. first kiss just under a month ago :((
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.