[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2010 /fa/ convinced me to buy a peacoat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: why.jpg (76 KB, 396x691) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
76 KB, 396x691
>2010 /fa/ convinced me to buy a peacoat
>>
are you mad?
>>
>>9000413
nice meta fb image dude
>>
peacoats are more versatile and acceptable than long hoodies tho

also you can wear them for longer, unlike long hoodies which look like shit when you pass the 25 years old mark.
>>
>>9000460
>hoodies
>>
>>9000460

jesus dude is this ur first day here?
>>
>>9000460
dude i swear to god why would you post your twitter handle on /fa/
>>
>>9000460
drop trip
>>
>>9000413
Peacoats look nice though.
>>
>>9000532
Thats not what a trip is you idiot. A trip refers to a tripcode, those long number letter sequences (Dd!ka47ahfHH!//) after the name.
>>
>>9000494
So what should I call Rick's long hoodies? Coats?

>>9000506
I've lurked for a bit, and long hoodies don't look nearly as good as what people make them out to be.

maybe I'm still stuck in 2011 when peacoats were top tier on /fa/
>>
>>9000623

lurk moar fgt
>>
>>9000413
nothing nicer than a black peacoat, blue jeans, and a pair of trainers. good cop op!
>>
>>9000546
Yea I don't see the problem. I have one I got on the cheap and it looks great.
>>
>>9000413

Peacoast are classic. Give it a couple of years and /fa/ will come back around. Most adults wear parkas this year (you should only wear a hoodie if you're in high school), but it's not like it was a bad purchase.
>>
File: wKbvlHl.jpg (39 KB, 580x377) Image search: [Google]
wKbvlHl.jpg
39 KB, 580x377
>>9000745
Kek
>>9000413
Ey but really, Op, some good leather shoes, good fitting chinos (in dark colors), with an OCBD under a sweater can look dope with a peacoat.

I hope you live in a truly cold place, because some black leather gloves and a scarf can really make it come together. I hope you're closer to 30 than 20, though.

Just keep it. Its menswear core, which you will need to get into once you're out of undergrad college, in order to attract them 30-something women.

Just wear it PROPERLY.

The only reason we criticize it is because people aged 16-25 think it makes them look manly and mature, but their baby faces and poor sense of fashion/self-awarness ruin what the peacoat is supposed to be. They wearing runing shoes, baggy jeans, and a crew neck tee under it. A peacoat is meanswear business-core, not casual wear. You will find yourself wearing one to the office and semi-nice events in the winter. Just for out-and-about shit, get something more causual, and age-appropriate if you still don't have a bachelor's degree / live off your parents' money.

Once you're actually trying to attract adult women for serious, mature relationships, you'll appreciate it.
>>
>>9001120
>once you're out of undergrad college, in order to attract them 30-something women.

what the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>9001188
what? ok you're not trying to attract 30-something women straight out of college, I give you that, but once you have a full time career starting up, you're looking for mid 20's grills. its not long at all until you're in your 30's.

18-22 year old girls begin to lose their charm once you've actually got responsibilities. Sure, they're hot, but you want someone that's their own person, with freedom, that you don't have to take care of and hold their hand. The squeeling of teen grills becomes somewhat fucking horrifying.

Thus, you start to appreciate women leaving their teens and early 20's behind.
>>
>>9000460
>your twitter
LMAO
MAO
AO
O
>>
forgive the autist
he appears to be dutch
>>
File: im2l8m.jpg (139 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
im2l8m.jpg
139 KB, 600x398
>>9000460
mcfuckingkillyourself
>>
>>9001563

Cool anime pose are you hellsing
>>
>>9000623

As with many of the styles with variants, they just call it the Jason Long and whatnot.
>>
>>9000413
>buying a peacoat
>not inheriting your dead grandfather's army issued one
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>9001563
feminine as shit
>>
>>9001663
>implying the majority of pieces /fa/ drools over are notably masculine in any way
>>
>>9000432
I first saw this image on 4chan years ago.
>>
>>9001676
nope, not implying anything

>go away
>>
>>9000460
>>9001228

i want this to be real
>>
>>9001215
Hahahahahaha
>Muh strong, independent womyn
>>
>>9000460
>@kolone

lel

First day?
>>
>>9000632
>M-muh edgy streetwear

Virgincore alert
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 720x480
>>9002090
How's 10th grade lil guy

Got the marching band mirin ur sick streetwear cops
>>
>>9002144

>>9001228

it was my ello when /fa/ was shitting themselves over it a month ago, but judging from thread some dutch guy is prolly shitting himself
>>
>>9000460
>long hoodies which look like shit when you pass the 25 years old mark.
>25 years old mark

Yeah, seriously. I hate how hoodies don't even last 25 years! It's bullshit!
>>
>>9002090
There is no self-respecting man that wants a giggling girl when it comes to raising a child and undergoing a crisis.

Go back to high school.
>>
>>9000413
i know that feel

>bought a peacoat after seeing it recommended on /fa/ so much
>realized wearing a suit under my peacoat looked bad as the ends of the suit jacket stuck out
>bought an overcoat
>think it's too bulky

what do?
>>
>>9002328
wear the overcoat tumblrcorey
>>
File: tumblr_ms2raqPp641sqnkolo2_500.png (428 KB, 500x549) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms2raqPp641sqnkolo2_500.png
428 KB, 500x549
>>9002328
Post it.

I've never owned one, but I think I'd cop a chesterfield if I get a job where I have to wear a suit everyday.

A nice cream color, maybe with a contrasting collar.

pic related
>>
>>9002356
everything hannibal wears is dope
>>
>>9002362
There's a store in LA that sells the clothes used in TV shows. You can get designer shit from TV for thrift-store prices, and they were only worn once to film a scene. I'm Hannibal's size, it turns out, and copped two of the sweaters on the show that he wears.

I only wear one though, cause the other is a little TOO formal for school and shit. I save it for nice evenings out. The mother fucker is too stylish for my lifestyle.
>>
>>9002372

i actually met mads mikkelsen at a convention. hes not as tall as they make him appear in the show
and he walks funny irl
>>
>>9001215
This is fucking retarded, do you not know how generations work? When the 20 somethings of today become 40 somethings of tomorrow, they don't suddenly love everything the 40 year olds liked 20 years ago.

>>9000460
No they're fucking not. Peacoats have become synonymous with tryhard hipster. I don't use the word hipster cause I'm not retarded, but that's what the average person thinks when they see a peacoat IRL now. Long hoodies just look like long hoodies.

>But muh peacoat lasts longer!
Yeah, most coats last longer than hoodies, this is because they're thicker. A sweatshirt is a completely different thing than a coat.
>>
>>9000460
Gonna hi-jack for a sec

Where can I get a 'long hoodie' for under 200 dollars? Is it possible?
>>
>>9002372
I've got a pair of Prada loafers and pants that Michael Keaton wore in the new Robo Cop. I paid $65 shipped on eBay. It also came with the shirt (was an entire outfit) but I just binned it since it was JCrew or something.
>>
peacoats are fine

you just like awful in everything
>>
>>9002941
>average person

No, this Sri Lankan Webcomic Fan Community is hardly an average set of people. A peacoat is a business appropriate, military inspired wool coat that one wears in the winter. You obviously don't live anywhere cold, or at least aren't employed.
>>
>>9002328
Peacoats don't go over a suit, you're thinking of a topcoat, pic related. Peacoats replace the jacket, or go over a sweater.
>>
>>9001703
>not knowing proper usage of le meemay arrows

kill urself :^)
>>
>>9003235
I didn't say the average person on /fa/ you shithead, I'm talking about real people. In every social group I've interacted with, it was nomenclature to refer to peacoats as one would refer to fedoras circa 2009.

I live in NYC, and no I'm a business student. I've done internships and I've been to countless networking events, I've never seen anyone wear a fucking peacoat, and I remember actually joking with an analyst I was placed under about how obnoxious these pseudo hipster kids are with their peacoats and doc martens.

Go back to reading GQ or the art of manliness or whatever bullshit "oh I'm so masculine and professional" publication you're fond of.

Also, post a fit of you with your peacoat, cause it's obvious you recently bought one.
>>
File: 1274442074464.jpg (141 KB, 465x700) Image search: [Google]
1274442074464.jpg
141 KB, 465x700
>2009/2010 /fa/
Cardigans, peacoats and Lookbook.nu shit all day erry day.
>>
>>9002362
hannibal's style a shit
>>
>>9002941
>m-muh hoodies

Hoodies are for children and teenagers, sorry
>>
>>9003429
>bbut im in new york

Lmao you wear gothninja to your little unpaid internship

>you like things I liked three years ago, you tryhard. Manliness is dead, long live androgynous jellyfish boys

Disgusting. The tumblfication of millennials is pathetic
>>
At least it wasn't Supra Skytops.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.