[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fa/ hiking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: ed_779_boot_sportiva[1].jpg (87 KB, 324x226) Image search: [Google]
ed_779_boot_sportiva[1].jpg
87 KB, 324x226
CAN IT BE DONE?

Is it even remotely possible to find a nice looking pair of hiking boots?
>>
>>8508920

I hike and just buy whatever most expensive boot they have at the outdoors store and never think about it again.
>>
Isn't hiking just walking? like, why would you need special boots to walk around outside?
>>
>>8508928
hiking is extreme walking
>>
>>8508923
>buying whatever is most expensive just because it's expensive

holy shit, I didn't think people on here were actually consumer drones with no brain capacity
>>
>>8508920
Why? They will be legitimately WRECKED in a day.
>>
>>8508928
It's not like walking on the sidewalk, usually specialty hiking shoes are for people who hike as a hobby and travel rigorous terrain. Better quality shoes improve the distance you can travel, and mitigate the risk of injury over rough terrain. Safety is very important, especially when you're in a remote area.
>>
>>8508946
Le dangerous walking

EXTREEEEEME walking. Walking gone wild.
>>
>>8508928
>>8508946
not op, and I agree that they're safer, but I feel like really a lot of people feel like they NEED hiking boots. Like, most of the time if you wear some shoes that you can lace up reasonably right, I feel like you'll be fine
>>
i like the adidas hiking shoes

the terrex ones
>>
>>8508988
If you have a backpack on you will need hiking boots. If you are bushwacking you will need hiking boots. If there is inclement weather you will need hiking boots. If you are walking on a street you will not need hiking boots.
>>
>>8508920
Raf simons aw13 and ss13 hightop runners
>>
>>8509009
That being said I have a pair of vasque bittertoot boots that are great for backpacking.
>>
>>8509009
I've walked miles through woods in slip on vans, you don't NEED special boots.
>>
>>8509046
What was your pack weight?
>>
>>8509048
Not this guy, but there are plenty of people who hike long distances with packs and no hiking boots. I've covered a lot of ground on the Appalachian trail and have seen lots of people that use running shoes. Check out the writings of Ray Jardine, he's an expert and suggests running shoes with the tongues cut out.
>>
>>8508920
honestly i think hiking boots look pretty dope in a normcore sort of way. like if you paired them with skinny jeans and a nice tee or sweater or anything really it'd look cool. basically as long as the rest of your fit is good, the hiking boots will look more intentionally unaesthetic instead of making you look like an autist who's wearing fucking hiking boots
>>
>>8508920
>>
>>8509597

The other day I saw a qt with a nextlevel fit and hiking boots
Needles to say muh dikk went skyrocket instantly
>>
>>8509077
>easterner

Top kek, you hiked a back yard
>>
File: back_to_berkley_boot.jpg (28 KB, 603x336) Image search: [Google]
back_to_berkley_boot.jpg
28 KB, 603x336
Yes, I've wanted to cop pic related for years now and put together a trainhopperpunkcore fit but I haven't yet. Almost bought them so many times.
>>
>>8509624
Holy shit, where 2 cop?

Do they run that colour any more?
>>
>>8509077
>I've covered a lot of ground on the Appalachian trail
The highest point on that trail is a little over 6,200ft, that is literally nothing compared to what you would face out west. How can you honestly expect to give advice based on your limited experience.
>>
>>8509616
Whoops I should have refreshed, but this poster has it right.
>>
>>8509663

I usually check ebay and NF outlets
>>
>>8509739
I'm not claiming that there aren't situations where hiking boots are necessary. I was more responding to this comment. Just because you have a backpack on, are going long distances, or are in rough weather, you do not necessarily need hiking boots.

>>8509009
>>
go to korea
koreans r obsessed w hiking and u will find v nice hiking gear there
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.