[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you parents think about how you dress?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 8
File: 1400950210728.jpg (133 KB, 400x511) Image search: [Google]
1400950210728.jpg
133 KB, 400x511
What do you parents think about how you dress?
>>
>>8289673

they think i dress nicely with some exceptions, but the main comment is "this costs so much!" and "why would you pay more than £40 for some jeans?"
>>
My parents give me shit for not being #minimalist enough like them

Architect parents are the worst

My dad just sent me a pic of him today wearing a grey sweatshirt with stonewash dadjeans and white chucks at yoshinoya and I wasn't sure if that was on purpose or if I should be terrified
>>
they buy my clothes so probably think i dress good
>>
My mom dresses good and she thinks I dress good but too dull.
>>
I think she finds it nice enough but some of it a bit weird...

likes my new ervell sweater :) She looked at the label when i was sitting down and was like 'ohh designer'. I always try to hide how much i spend on clothes but she doesn't seem to mind, i just explain how i get them on sale/second and shes cool. I think she thinks its not a bad thing to spend money on
>>
My dad finds everything i wear weird...very different people...probably part of the reason theyre seperated

>tfw seperated parents
jk i don't give a shit
>>
>>8289798
*ar. Fuck
>>
>>8289673
Dad doesn't give a shit

Mom doesn't give a shit

When I used to love with them though they used to bitch about how much I had or having too much shit in general. Think my bedroom had all the gaming consoles I had as a kid hooked up and I had 2 TVs and a desktop so not too much this was like 2003
>>
I think my dad thinks I'm a faggot. Since he's a 6'3" 220 lb fucking hulk of man.

And I'm 6'1" and got my mum skinny build,120lbs and spend thousands of dollars on clothes a year.

>a-at least I have a good record with grills
>;___; please love me dad

Mum likes how I dress but thinks I spend too much for something I could buy for 10 times less.

She doesn't understand /fa/, I've got full effay autism and can't physically walk out of the house unless my fit is perfect.
>>
My Mum hates my Geos with a passion. She's mostly okay with my other goof, but occasionally asks me to wear something else other than black/grey all the time. For her sake I will on the rare occasion give in just whilst I'm staying over at her house, but I don't make a habit of it because then she'd start expecting it all of the time. If she had her way I'd be wearing basicbitch smart-casual all the time.

My Dad on the other hand seemed to actually encourage my goof as he saw taking some pride in my appearance a good thing (because I'm usually socially retarded with low self-esteem), even if he doesn't necessarily actually like the look I'm going for. Now that effect has worn off as he's gotten used to it, but I think for the most part he doesn't care either way other than the rare comment on my Geos (he seems to just think they're odd, but he doesn't express dislike towards them)
>>
>cuffing pants
>dad: "y u do dis tho"

>bought a plain white shirt
>mom: "it's like you woke up and you went straight outside"
>>
>>8289798
I know you hurt anon, its ok to cry.
>>
>>8289678
Because I'm a European faggot
>>
File: 1396977445966.jpg (36 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
1396977445966.jpg
36 KB, 500x469
>tfw close relatives ask for my opinion every time they're about to make a cop or they have to dress nice for an upcoming event
>>
>>8290078
They probably think you're gay
>>
>>8290100
I've had a gf for +2 years
>>
>>8290103
So?
>>
File: 1371180115444.jpg (48 KB, 681x468) Image search: [Google]
1371180115444.jpg
48 KB, 681x468
>tfw you get so many compliments you dont even care anymore
NIGGA WE MADE IT
>>
>>8290105
So they know I'm not.

Worst case scenario was if I was bi or some shit like that, but I don't dig guys, sorry bb
>>
Mom thinks I dress well, and comes to me when she wants advice on cops/fits.

Other parts of the family think that caring about clothes and the way you dress makes you gay. Fuck 'em.
>>
I don't dress like most of /fa/ but but clothes fit nicely.
Mom keeps citing me as an example for elder brothers.
>>
>>8289710
are you fucking 12
> you know summer break has started
>>
>>8290217
Yeah, when faggots like you fall for that

>inb4 I was pretending!!
>>
>>8289692
Your parents sound pretty cool tbh
>>
mom doesn't like how I wear tight pants but compliments on my straight jeans.
dad likes the stuff I cop'd and tries to imitate me.
dad also gives me ideas on traditional shit like loafers, suits, belts, dressy shoes.
pretty cool.
>>
They think i dress like shit and i want too much to "imitate today's youngsters"

The worse part is, my mom don't even now the basics in /fa/shion, and for her, pants must obligatory be loose fitting and for shirts, well not a single shirt my mom bought me fits well to my shoulders, she automatically buys size L when it comes to me, just because I'm 6' (my weight is 120 lbs)

Besides, she feels obliged to come to buy clothes with me (and i'm often obliged to let her cuz i got no moneyz), and shit is ridiculous, a 20 years old guy buying clothes with his mom, and she always wants me to buy three size up, and when i try to buy my size, even for straight pants she's all "no no no, this pant is too tight, stop wanting to buy sleam jeans that much"

Afterwards, she says things like "why don't you wear things i buy to you ? I put big sums of money in clothes you never wear"

Of course i don't wear them, bitch, i don't want to look like a fucking weeaboo

Fucking bitch
>>
>>8290266
iktf
I don't go shopping with my mum anymore, but if she buys me something she buys two sizes larger and says I'll grow into it. I'm 19.
>>
dad thinks im a wigger, is cool tho cause one of my black girls is bad af and she makes him good ffood haha
>>
mom of course thinks anything other than boot cut fit is too tight, but she doesn't try to change what i wear at all.

my dad doesn't really approve of how i dress because he's a cowboy Texas down home good boy, but they both deal with it.

my step mom thinks i have tons of style which is ~lol2funny~ for me
>>
>>8290100
tfw my mom told me some of my closest relatives think I'm a faggot
>>
>>8290266
Well, if you feel you're too grown up to go shopping with your mom shouldnt you feel too grown up to ask her for money?
Get a job, make your own money and buy your own clothes, its pretty easy
>>
My mom likes all my clothes I think, she was stoked on my Helmut jacket and asked if she could borrow my Ann D knit haha

Dad thinks I spend way too much, but compliments some of the stuff I wear. I can tell he's holding his tongue when it comes to the weirder pieces though. I don't dress too odd most of the time anyways.
>>
>>8290318
Oh, my dad also thinks I'm a medium even though I'm usually an xs, so I can't go shopping with him ever because it always ends in an argument.
>>
>>8290297

Haha, what is their fucking problem

>>8290312
I'm looking for one. There are very few middle time jobs where i live, and the pay is often shit, not enough to fucking eat
>>
When I bought some £85 shoes my Mum exclaimed "85 QUID?!?", but I said it was 20% off and she chilled.
Just bought some more stuff too but that's it for cops since I'm a poorfag with no income.

Dad doesn't give a shit because he doesn't live with me, Mother doesn't mind but doesn't understand why the stuff I buy is expensive.
>>
>>8290337
>85 something
>expensive
good one
>>
File: 1299009556341.png (108 KB, 240x285) Image search: [Google]
1299009556341.png
108 KB, 240x285
The other day I bought Sauconys, they were 85 euros I think.
Mom : "85 euros for trainers? You could have bought some 20 euros ones!"
Dad : "Are you going to run in these?"
>mfw
>>
>>8290397
Hey man I live in a poorfag world.
>>
>>8290407
I get it, but we're talking fashion, and 85 thingies isn't considered expensive.
>>
>>8290266

Lol you're pathetic
>>
File: Cheap Monday parka..jpg (60 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
Cheap Monday parka..jpg
60 KB, 400x534
>>8290421
Are you implying that looking fashion can only be achieved by purchasing expensive shit?

You can look fashionable without spending 'that' much money, it depends on how you piece it all together.
The shoes were originally £105 anyway.
Pic attached isn't exactly designer but it still looks fine, wearing expensive shit doesn't automatically make you fashionable.
>>
>>8290266
oh, what a horrible person, she buys you cloves that you don't like, better kill her or something
you american pussies are disgusting
>>
>>8290444
Just like having an expensive car won't guarantee you'll win the race, but it sure helps.
>>
>>8290429
my mom wears prada, acne, and helmut lang.
my dad wears walmart clothes.
i'm sure you can guess what they think
>>
>>8290327
you apparently live with your mother, and she buys your clothes, so any job is money for clothes, how would you know how to make ends meet, you've never had a fucking job. don't be a faggot.

what's their problem? you're not paying for it your opinion doesn't fucking matter.
>>
I'm told I'm too thin all the time and I wear cut off skinny jeans almost everyday in the summer.
>tfw dad has a hunting tv show
>tfw I'm trying to go veg
>>
>>8290266
>6' 120 lbs
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2rwxs1gH9w
>>
>>8290461
not if you can't drive, same with fashion, you can wear high end and still look like shit and everyone mocks you for being an idiot. because you just go after brands but have no style or fashion comprehension. which is usually the case with brand whores.
>>
>>8290482
lol

>>8290266
I'm 6' (my weight is 120 lbs)

seriously you're full of shit or dying of aids.
i'm guessing you're 5'9 and 140 IF you're actually thin
>>
If I wear a tie with a shirt and jeans my dad laughs at me
>>
>>8290512
so he should
>>
>>8290512
Well yeah, no shit, good thing your dad has some sense
>>
my mom is a seamstress and designs dresses. she likes the way I dress and I have unlimited free alterations for that perfect fit every time. she has sent me gifts before that are good for basics. I'll get things like fitted dress pants, oxford shirts, and desert boots.

My dad is pretty happy since I dress somewhat prep core when I go see my parents.
>>
>>8289673
they say i look like a drug dealer/chaka/naco/robber/gangster, its so annoying and funny because i dress like SLP or more formal, sometimes in dadcore

>dark navy blue coat
>plain crew neck blur navy shirt
>black skinny chinos
>black Chelsea boots
>black thin scarf if its chilly
>HY with trimmed sides in no poo

i rather be called a faggot than the shit they say
>>
>>8290528
>>8290530
a tucked in shirt? with a tie and dress shoes? to dinner?
>>
>>8289816
>2 televisions
>in the bedroom

why? Isn't one in the living room enough?

no wonder why ur fat
>>
>>8290536
Wait, you seriously think wearing a tucked in shirt, tie, jeans and dress shoes looks good?
Lol, am I on reddit or something?
>>
>mother
>OMG 35€ FOR A T-SHIRT WTF (it was actually more but i didnt want to have her flip out)

>british step-dad
>"hey i like your quiff"
>has given me some cool shirts from like the 80s-90s

he's pretty swell
>>
>>8289673
Well my mum actually called me a ninja once
>>
>>8290565
what are you 16?
>>
File: IMG_1849.jpg (637 KB, 1669x1699) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1849.jpg
637 KB, 1669x1699
>>8290466
You're probably right. I'm looking for a job anyway

>>8290429
I know, but things will change soon

>>8290445
i'm not american

>>8290492
Here's a pic of me, nigger
enjoy the sight of my muscular arms
(don't judge me on that fit, i was just trying out)
>>
>>8290592
>>reddit
>>
>>8290651
>working adulthood
>>
>>8290669
He's right. Jeans and shirt and tie...Goes along well with your collection of fedoras huh ?
>>
>>8290565
>>8290536
>>8290669

Looks like Shit that's why your Dad laughs
>>
my dad mocks me for caring about the way i dress, he makes fun of my cuffs.
he dresses like shit, buys expensive ugly crap
>>
My dad doesn't like the skinny jeans and scoop necks I were. But I don't think he really cares a lot about that.
>>
>>8290486
yea im seeing this a lot on /fa/ now
>check out my drkshdw top and common projects!!!
>>
>>8290722
*wear
>>
Step father hates it but has stopped commenting

Mom hates skinnies and minimal stuff

Dad used to own several night clubs and was /fa/ as fuck and now is a full Carhatt WIP general contractor. He likes my fits. He actually has some pre hedi YSL stuff
>>
>>8290592
>wearing jeans formally
>thinking jeans can be worn formally
>jeans
>>
I wear Saint Laurent and Dior Homme and my dad told me I look like, "One of those gothic trash."
>>
>>8289982
this was interesting, albeit brief insight into the world of the gothninja 10/10 would like to hear more
>>
>>8290627
yay we have similar body types, 6' 130! I eat a healthy amount it's just mostly all natural healthy shit and other than alcohol never junk food soo
>>
My mom tells me I look ridiculous all the time. Then I laugh and we drink coffee.
>>
>>8290535
W2c thin scarf?
>>
>>8290627
Why is your upperbody so fat and your arms so skinny? Please leave /fa and never return
>>
>>8290840
My upperbody is actually very skinny, there's just a weird effect with that shirt
>>
mom compliments me when I wear skinny jeans with boots. I try to wear that when I visit her. she hates my cut off shorts though. mom I'm going to be moshing later at a show what's the point of dressing up #skramlyfe

dad actually likes my shoes and flannel shirt. he played in a garage band in the 70s lol
>>
>>8290266
cuuuuuunnntttt
cunt
cunty cunt
please be trolling I can't deal with how pathetic you are
cunt
my jimmies you cunt
>>
File: 1393491065374.png (251 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1393491065374.png
251 KB, 480x480
>>8290108
>cool shoes
>what are those shoes
>nice shoes
>sweet shoes
>whered you get your shoes
>you always look so put together
>>
>dad thinks i dress like an old man for my age
>mum doesn't mind much until i pinroll jeans
>dad once remarked on how i should dump the satanic/goth gf i'm with if all i do is dress in black/dark colours {SPOILER}i dont have a gf {/SPOILER}

Well i'm sorry dad if i can't go all #heritage #menswear #americana like you
>>
>>8290266
i want to kill myself now
>>
>>8291458
what shoes are you wearing
>>
>>8290397

i don't think you understand the point of this thread
>>
>>8289692
min : love
min : life
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 640x960
I wonder how trunks explained this to his mum
>>
>>8293262
I saw this picture so often so I just have to ask: What kind of skirt is this? I first thought maybe some RO but I didn't found anything like this no where I looked
>>
>>8293262

is that normcore
>>
>>8293280

rumours say fake Damir or w.e
>>
>>8289673
I'm p sure my mom wants to fuck me
>>
>>8290222
> when faggots like you fall for that

Fuckng train#rekt
>>
>>8290482
oh bruh im dying
>>
>>8290481
What's the show called?
>>
Mum thinks I'm an idiot for buying clothes for more than $45 and my dad thinks I'm a faggot. Not just because I like fashion and decor, but because I actively listen to music, take care of myself, rarely drink (when I do, I don't drink beer) or smoke and don't care about having sex for the sake of having sex.

He might be right. But I'd love the non sexual side of a gay relationship (cuddling with my husband, pampering a dog or cat, decorating, etc.).

Any one else feel this way? I wouldn't mind having a relationship with a guy, as long as we don't really do anything sexual.
>>
>>8293536
perfectly normal, love has nothing to do with genders

but you might feel that having a relationship with a girl to do these "gay" things with is a lot more convenient socially and in the end game you dig
>>
>>8290482
Kek
>>
>>8293536

Im a lot the same about almost everything you said (my dad doesn't really care about how i dress - probs has his opinions but doesn't say anything)

maybe not so much about the gay thing, but i can understand where you're coming from

my mum is mostly cool, but she'll give me a funny look if she doesn't like something or thinks it's weird, to which I'll just laugh
>>
Mum has told all her friends I am going through a 'goth phase' that has so far lasted well into my twenties and five years after I moved out.

Dad is constantly disappointed by my faggotry.
>>
>>8290482
leld
>>
Way too huge of a cultural / age gap, they both think I look crazy and actively discourage the way I dress but whatever, I understand.
>>
>>8289692
Your parents sound sick.
Your house must be chill as fuck
>>
>>8289673
Mum thinks I dress well but thinks I spend way too much. I try and hide new pieces because it always leads to her ranting about consumerism and how wasteful I am. She once brought up the topic of underpaid workers and how I am supporting slave labor which is a little ironic seeing as I usually buy American Apparel for basics and she buys K-Mart, a company with a notorious human rights record.

Dad doesn't care at all but he seems to approve of my black timbs. He doesn't like any of my tight fitting stuff though. Thinks I look gay (which to be totally honest, I often do)

I have a job and pay for all of my clothes myself though so I don't see what the big deal is. It's my money and I spend it how I like.

>tfw if I hadn't spent all this money on clothes, I would have enough to buy a decent car ;_;
>>
they're pretty cool with my shit for the most part

only time they get mad is when i cuff my jeans too high
>plebs
>>
My mom doesn't care at all. My dad is really strict and traditional though, so if we are going around any of his associates I have to be clean cut and men's wear or he freaks.
>>
>>8290445
>you American pussies are disgusting

What is with retards assuming other retards must be America? I bet you are American you ignorant piece of shit.
>>
my parents hate my style because it's too "provocative". crop tops too op
>>
>>8289673
pic is 99% of /fa/ retards

>b-but muh rick
>>
>>8290421

You don't understand the point of this thread.
>>
>>8290512

You sound like a cretin. Your dad sounds effay.
>>
My dad usually doesn't say anything, but I know when he doesn't say something he's thinking negatively. Lol I like cars that's manly enough.

But my mum likes it, but think I spend too much money
>that's a nice jacket anon (poeme bohemian parka)
>thanks, I got it online the other day
>how much did it cost
>(oh shit here we go) $485
>WHAT! HOW COULD YOU SPEND SO MUCH ON ONE JACKET! SUCH A WASTE ANON. I COULDVE BOUGHT 4 OUTIFTS FOR THAT MUCH!
>(Because you dress like shit) Sorry, it's nice though.
>yeah it is. Just too expensive.
>(shut the fuck up basic plebbit bitch, I love you.)
>>
>>8295165
Pls b in brisbane
>>
my parents are surprisingly supportive, but my brother in law is a dick about how much my clothes cost even though i have never spoken to him about it.. he thrifts everything and thinks he's some sort of budget style god. i talk to my mom fairly often and she sees it as me liking high quality stuff, which is pretty accurate. she even pushed me to buy cps when i was iffy on the price
>>
>>8293231
min - love/life
>>
my mum loves it

she wears rick ann dem etc as well so do a good portion of relatives who also work in fashion

my old man is generally indifferent
>>
>>8290266

>yfw you don't keep the receipt or just exchange them for the sizes or clothes you want later
>>
i dont know my dad
i dont talk to my mother too often
>>
>>8289673
my mom doesn't say anything, but all she does every day is sit on the couch stuffing her fat face full of cheese puffs and wasting her disability check buying dumb shit off HSN and QVC. I still live with her, but we haven't had a real conversation about anything meaningful in years.

my dad disowned me and left my mom when i wouldn't join the army like he did and when my mom became a fat landwhale pill popping degenerate. he doesn't even bother sending me birthday cards anymore because he told me he "won't have no flaming faggot as a son" of his
>>
dad makes fun of me for caring about clothes that much and paying out the ass for nice things. mom thinks im well dressed, she'd probably prefer me to wear fratcore but she does seem to like most of the things i wear. brother loves it all, is also into fashion but hes older so its more about suits and dress clothes for him.
>>
>>8289673
my dad gives me his designer shit..so..
although they have been joking about me recently going fuccboi
>>
wow, who fucking cares if your parents or anyoen for that matter thinks youre gay
>>
since i live in a hot country, i pratically only wear basic stuff, t-shirt pants and shoes

so my mom likes it
>>
my dad does exec work for a luxe store so hes all ears :DDDD

mum says I spend too much even when shes decked out exclusively in hobbs w/ £500 handbags "whattt £320 for trainers! fuck u anon" yh fuck u mum ily
>>
>>8297959
whoa, sorry mane
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.