[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heavy flannel trousers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
I've been thinking about buying flannel trousers for the fall and the winter and fell in love with these comfy looking ones.
But everywhere is being said that flannel trousers should be grey only and you shouldn't try to fancy up your pants but your jacket.

What would these in picture work with? Am I making a huge mistake and should I just stick with the grey ones?
Dark coat and dark brown boots should be ok?
>>
>>
File: 1348146793-81121600.jpg (39 KB, 453x634) Image search: [Google]
1348146793-81121600.jpg
39 KB, 453x634
Tweed, flannel and wool seem to be thrown around freely.
>>
File: Flannel is life.jpg (2 MB, 1728x3072) Image search: [Google]
Flannel is life.jpg
2 MB, 1728x3072
>>11524448
Grey, navy and brown flannel are staples when it comes to trousers.

Whoever told you that you should stick to just grey is a fucking moron and deserves to be shot, burned, hanged and humiliated.
>>
>>11524539
Oh, and also, I suggest going for plain colours first and when you have a good base, then start buying more crazy stuff.

And if you wear trousers like in OP's picture, don't wear patterned shirts.
>>
>>11524448
Those look great. You could wear them with just about any colors (not patterns). My only hesitation is spending $350 on off the rack Suit Supply pants. SS is well made as Chinese manufacturing goes but you could get wool flannel trousers made to measure for that.
>>
>>11524592
>My only hesitation is spending $350 on off the rack Suit Supply pants

Wait, OP's pants cost $350?

Jesus, that's how much their cheaper suits cost. I don't know if you can get MTM trousers for that price (here it's ~350€), but you can definitely find some good quality flannel trousers from producers like Incotex or PT01 for that price. Hell, even Brunello Cucinelli and the like if you shop during sale.
>>
>>11524486
this would look better with a more straight/relaxed fit, as opposed to this tight bullcrap
>>
>>11524592
>>11524625
They are 199 in euros.

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/trousers/brown-jort-trousers/B450.html
>>
>>11524625
>I don't know if you can get MTM trousers for that price
Check out Luxire. Bad website but good product. They make almost all of my pants and they can get materials from all the name mills.
>>
>>11524633
Agreed. Looks like a homo.

>>11524641
Huh.

>>11524645
Oh yeah, I forgot about Luxire.

However, be prepared to get a a few pants that aren't perfect from them in the beginning, because measuring yourself and all that isn't as easy as it seems.

The people I know who've ordered from Luxire all say it was a bit of a challenge to get everything to fit perfectly, and that during that process they 'lost' quite a lot of money. I would much rather pay someone who knows what they're doing when taking measurements than rely on myself...
>>
>>11524645
I'm looking for ivyfit grey flannel trousers in auschwitz sizes, how is Lux's wool blend flannel if you have any in that fabric?
>>
>>11524690
It really isn't that hard. You measure your best fitting pair of pants, make adjustments, order a $60 cotton trial pair, make any final tweaks and then you're set to start ordering the good stuff. I guess if that's too hard you can have a local tailor measure you and/or your trousers. But the process was easy for me.
>>
>>11524633
>bullcrap
Jeez man relax
>>
>>11525924
I ain't taking this chips no more!
>>
>>11524486
W2C those.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.