[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
petite female clothes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1429976359954.jpg (79 KB, 480x699) Image search: [Google]
1429976359954.jpg
79 KB, 480x699
im at a point where i want to give up on finding a dress that fits me
im 5'2" and 89 pounds, no dresses seem fit me right at all, ive been trying to find a nice one for a long time and i live in the suburbs so its a constant issue bc i have to buy online if i want to get a nice quality and good looking dress and its a constant buy and return thing
am i going crazy doing the same process over and over again hoping for different results? do measurements even mean anything? should i just give up and assume im never going to be able to pull off a cute dress?
>>
post this in fuccboi general
>>
>>11523947
i could throw you across the room and tickle your belly from the inside, just sayin
>>
>>11523947
This board is not the best place for this kind of advice, lol.

Anyways, you're aware that there there are "juniors," "misses," and "petite" sizes, yes?
http://2morrowsdress.com/2013/02/what-is-the-difference-between-junior-and-misses/

And yes, you should absolutely know your measurements (have someone help you, use a real tape and do it properly), though it will never be a sure-thing trying to match those to whatever is claimed on the website. The only sure-thing for getting a dress that fits perfectly is trying it on and seeing. That doesn't mean buying online can't be successful though.

I have no idea what your price range is, but Target has some cute dresses in a variety of sizes for fairly cheap. Since they're a large chain store I'd be surprised if there wasn't one in driving distance for you.
>>
>>11523993
ya like i know my measurements but when i order the item it never fits like it should... target doesnt really seem to have anything i like other than basic-t's

the juniors, misses, and petite sizes anywhere are really at any generic store and "misses" and "petite" are literally old lady clothes or pants suits, and its nothing special really unless you go to jcpenny's or macy's lmao -- the only store with petite sizing thats some-what nice is asos, but ive already tried that also and the petite sizing isnt really much of anything its just an added 0 and 2 size which basically is xs and s
>>
>>11524014
maybe learn how to tailor/ get someone to tailor dresses for you?
>>
>>11524014
>and "misses" and "petite" are literally old lady clothes or pants suits
How old are you exactly?
>>
>>11524017
have u ever been in that section of a store
>>
>>11524024
You didn't answer the question.

Juniors sizes are meant to be for girls who have grown out of girls sizes but haven't fully developed yet. Obviously they're going to have "younger" styles.

Why don't you look at a store that focuses on younger girls/womens styles, like Forever 21 or Rue21. Rue21 in particular has smaller sizes but the quality is very cheap.
>>
>>11523947
good luck finding info on dresses there are like 5 female posters on all of /fa lel

also
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>11523947
You should check stores aimed at teens/slim/petites like Stradivarius, Zara, Mango..
My gf is 1m75 and it's always too short on her.
Where do you live? I don't know which shops you have access to.
>>
>>11524024
petites can be lit if you check contemporary retailers like topshop, reformation and asos
>>
>>11523947
I feel like you're probably making this out to be a bigger issue than it is.
I'm 5'0 and 90lbs and don't really have an issue.

If you're dead-set on petite and don't want "old lady" clothes you're going to have to sacrifice a bit of longevity and try places like Topshop and Miss Selfridge. They have extensive petites sections. I ended up stocking up on cigarette trousers for work from Topshop because the fit was perfect in a uk4 but I was worried they wouldn't be the most durable - turns out they're not as bad as I thought they'd be, but they're not the best quality in the world.

Vintage clothing often skews smaller, I've found plenty of 23" and smaller waist skirts in vintage stores in person and online.

Anerican apparel is good for basics because their XS tends to run small - I bought a schoolgirl skirt from there and double checked the waist measurement, it came out at 22.5".

If you're shopping online learn to scale clothing for your own body. Those capri jeans might make an excellent ankle hitting pair for you. I look for anything that looks too short or too high waisted on the models, because then I know it's more likely to fit me.

And learn to alter clothing. Hemming and darts aren't hard to learn to do and it saves a world of annoyance.

Though tb.h I buy most of my clothes from Olive clothing because I think intentionally oversized clothes like smock dresses and boxy fit tops look good on petite frames.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.