[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure where to post this but I think /fa/ is probably the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 225x224
Not sure where to post this but I think /fa/ is probably the right place.

I'm looking for a good medium hold, high shine pomade. I want something that I can comb or re style through the day but that also will keep my kinda wavy hair straight.

The best I've found so far is Suavecito Premium Blends.

Oh, also bonus points for water based. Any suggestions?
>>
>>11515680
doesnt deserve its own thread
>>
File: blue-trash-man-md.png (8 KB, 258x299) Image search: [Google]
blue-trash-man-md.png
8 KB, 258x299
>high shine
>>
>>11515680
Is there a reason you want high shine?
>>
>>11515805
I think it looks better. I don't mean super glossy, just not matte
>>
>>11515956
>I think it looks better
it doesn't unless you have very dark/black hair.

Suavecito firm hold is a good one. To restyle just make your hands a bit wet. That pomade is water soluble and after it dries it stays in its new position.

Son't use too much water, otherwise you'll wash it off
>>
>>11515680
I happen to be an expert on this topic

if you're going for an oil based pomade, you don't necessarily need to buy a product for its sheen, which might be sacrificing other important characteristics of the pomade, when you can just take a dab of a super light pomade with GOAT shine to add on top of your base coat of whatever type of holding pomade you desire.

My favorite medium hold oil base is Lockhart's medium. It's super easy to apply, which is a characteristic in all Lockhart's products, feels great in the hair, has a healthy shine, DAT MUTHAFUCKIN sandalwood scent which is to die for, and a perfect true medium hold.

If I want kraut tier shine, I take a dab of either lockhart's light or some royal crown and add it on top. I maintain the hold and baller characteristics of the medium, but with a super-light level of shine.

Now that I have an undercut I just use lights and super lights since they're the best for a classic slicked back look.

if you use waterbases you're a faggot and I can't really help you, but I can suggest that you try cool grease fiber because it stays relatively pliable and doesn't harden like most gel type water based pomades, plus it has a healthy shine.

>>11515747
>>11515989
fuck you, shine looks great on any type of hair, blondies just have to be careful with buildup.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>11516140
>Lockhart's medium
Just checked this stuff out on amazon.
Looks like good stuff.
I usually use the Murrays but need something different .
I wonder if I should try the Coon Grease product first since it will probably be more lie the murrays?
>>
File: Combing%20Hair%209[1].jpg (48 KB, 563x540) Image search: [Google]
Combing%20Hair%209[1].jpg
48 KB, 563x540
>>11516166
>I usually use the Murrays
we all started there brother, but there's nothing to fear now.

I also use goon grease, but if you're expecting it to be anything like Murray's in any way other than having a lot of hold, you'll be in for a shock.

Goon grease is awesome because it's a heavy hold that scoops out of the tin easier than most mediums on the market. It also managed to incorporate a good shine into a heavy, which is pretty revolutionary because essentially all heavy's rely on heavy wax content to give them their hold, which kills shine and overall comfort.

also dat lemon scent in the limited edition can of goon grease, sweet jesus

lockhart's medium or goon grease will be a solid choice for you if you think you need that much control. keep in mind, I'll always be pushing light pomades in people's faces because more control isn't necessarily always better. Lighter stuff really gives your hair an unrivaled natural, free flowing, but still sharp and styled look that heavier stuff can't do.

What kinda cut are you wearing? If you're going for a tall ass pomp I can see why you'd want a medium to heavy hold.
>>
>>11516140
I'll check out Lockhart's thanks. It's just that the best one I've tried for me so far was the Suavecito premium blends and that one it water based. Also I can't find Royal Crown pomade in any shops, only the hairdressing, do I really have to order it online?
>>
File: molding_paste_200ml.png (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
molding_paste_200ml.png
48 KB, 300x300
Just bought this

i know literally nothing about wax but i heard this is okey.
>>
>>11516451
It just depends on what is and isnt locally available. I order most of my shit online.

If you want waterbase, look into unorthodox waterbased pomades.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.