[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Raf Simons, Rick Owens usually what I'm dressed in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1467990328928.jpg (47 KB, 635x357) Image search: [Google]
1467990328928.jpg
47 KB, 635x357
>Raf Simons, Rick Owens usually what I'm dressed in

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>11503958
>What did he mean by this?
What did he mean by this??
>>
>>11503958
That he has grown out of streetwear clothing. He wears designer because he is more successful and wants to be taken more seriously.
Stop making these bait threads
>>
>>11503964
'Raf Simons, Stan Smith edition with my bands out'

What did he mean with this????
>>
>>11503982
WHAT DID HE?
>>
>>11503958
look up the song on rapgenuis.com you cunt
>>
>>11503958
He's announcing he typically wears garments designed by Raf Simmons ( A Belgian designer known for being the creative director for Dior,) and Raf Simons ( A California native fashion designer known for his dark and industrial furniture and fashion lines)
>>
USLEE WHAT IM DRESSD INNNNNNNNN
>>
He means "I'm sponsored by these people, go spend a shitload of money on clothing you can't pull off because you're a fuccboi that can't curate his own tastes and has to let a crapper tell you what to like."
>>
>>11505928
shut the fuck up
>>
That line is a lot more complex than people think. Rocky is not referring to the two designers named Raf Simons and Rick Owens but is actually assaulting the numerous moral institutions to raise fashion to a transcendental plane.

Raf obviously refers to Raphael, the acclaimed Renaissance painter who painted the fresco titled "The School of Athens" to decorate one of the rooms in the Vatican as a symbol of the philosophical influences of the Roman Catholic Church and their general pursuit of knowledge. Rocky critiques this by juxtaposing the line "Simons" which sounds oddly familiar to the word semen. Hence, Rocky performs an ejaculatory action as defiance to the power of these old institutions and proclaiming his art - hip hop - as the true path to knowledge. Waxing on theory about what men ought to do and if there is life after death is not the way laymen obtain knowledge but through experiences, from the streets and dissemated through hip hop. He elevates the status of hip hop as a new beacon of morality. If god is dead and we have killed him, then hip hop takes his place.

Next is the line "Rick Owens" which also sounds similar to "Dick Ovens". Rocky imbueds the song once more with strong phallic imagery. He however subverts the earlier statement that low art is the new source of humanity's morality. The penis that used to ejaculate into Raphael and symbolically into older institutions of power is now sent into the oven to burn. Low art does not provide adequate moral insight, according to Rocky.

He masterfully ends this all with the phrase "Usually what I'm dressed in". Fashion, not old institutions, high art, or low art, now becomes the purveyor of moral insight as it isbthe grand unifier. Art requires eyes and ears while fashion, which is considered not an artform by most but a design field, is a necessity through our environment. We must wear clothes if we want to survive and it is through this necessity to dress lies the moral power of fashion.
>>
>>11506033
hwat
>>
>>11506033
nice copypasta
>>
>>11506033
ayy thats my pasta
>>
File: 1453666944291.jpg (79 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1453666944291.jpg
79 KB, 576x1024
>>11505982
>Sponsored
>Kill yourself
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.