[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/denim discussion & help/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 438x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 438x642
General denim thread I guess since I've been needing help. Doesn't need to be all about siqq fades and raw denim

I've been looking to try and move on from my pairs of 511's and start getting into more interesting or just higher quality jeans. What I've liked about the most recent pair of 511s ive gotten this year is that the slimness and leg opening are pretty dead on to what I prefer out of my jeans, but I'm not huge into the amount of stretch they have and how light they are, but they're perfectly wearable in DC summer heat which makes up for it. I want to find a new and higher quality pair that has the same general fit, but has more of a mid rise to it. I can't fully go in on the high rise look since I'm short-ish but a decent rise that won't look stupid tucking would be cool. It's also been tough getting an idea of how leg openings will be affected when I have things hemmed because a lot of the jeans I've seen only come in one inseam length, and being 5'8" I'd need to go down to around a 30" inseam, and slimmer fits tend to taper a good deal from the knee measurements.

Is there a pair out there that's not outrageously priced that might fit in with what I'm looking for?
>>
>>11492064
Sauce on boots?
>>
>>11492064
Try the Japan Blue High-Taper. It's got a taller top-block and thighs like from a 'straight' fit, but slim to a tapered ankle from the knee
>>
>>11492807
A bit pricey, for my budget at least, but seems pretty good, the rise height looks better than I've seen on N&F, and since I'm taking a bit over 4.5" off the inseam that might be fine. Do you recommend sizing down once or twice on them? I usually stick to a 30 waist but thats occasionally slightly big, but only slightly
>>
>>11492064
Levi's sizing is all over the place. If you like the way yours fit take measurements and compare them to what you're looking at.

>>11493176
Seriously, measurements. One-wash should give you an idea of how they shrink. Denimio is even doing free exchanges right now if they help you pick the size and it doesn't fit.
>>
w2c decent black high rise skinnies
>>
>>11493634
women's clothing is your only hope
>>
>>11493624
Yeah I have three pairs of 511 and all fit very different. I have a rigid dragon pair that fit basically like a 510 and I'm trying to replace them. I have a black pair that fits me like a good slim pair, a light wash that I bought this year that fits like my black pair but with a better taper and that I'm trying to find. My only concern going the raw route is I don't want to fuck shirts up when I tuck them and get the indigo rubbed into them. But who knows maybe I'll pull the trigger on a pair at the end of the summer. I might stick with the regular tapered fit though because my thighs don't need too much extra room I'm like 5'8" and anywhere between 130 and 140 pounds
>>
>>11492064
I'm going to get skewered for this, but Jackthreads home brand, Goodale actually puts out great selvedge jeans. I bought a pair of the raw indigo last year and have worn them pretty much every day except for 1 month I spent traveling in the Mediterranean. I've only washed them once (by hand) after the stink was more than my freezer or Febreze could handle, and I'm very pleased with the fading and color. I have bigger thighs so I go for the straight fit which isn't baggy at all and tapers nicely through the legs. Oh, and I think I copped them for $60.
>>
Anyone have thoughts on Rag and Bone jeans? Been interested in a pair of Black fit2's
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.