[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is ignoring gendered clothing rules /fa/? Are men in skirts and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8
File: mensFashionPiddy2.jpg (40 KB, 710x352) Image search: [Google]
mensFashionPiddy2.jpg
40 KB, 710x352
Is ignoring gendered clothing rules /fa/?
Are men in skirts and dresses, and well dressed dykes /fa/?
>>
>>11465038
Women dressed like men is already pretty acceptable and semi-normal. Men dressed in women's clothing will probably never be considered normal or acceptable, at least not in our lifetime.

And IMO it is not /fa/. I prefer to appreciate the beautiful differences between men and women, and the clothing which accentuates them. Rather than having a homogenized mix of the two.
>>
>>11465056
this
androgynous fashion just makes both genders look the same which is boring and unattractive
>>
File: tumblr_nhv4e0AEMb1tbglmro1_400.gif (162 KB, 308x516) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhv4e0AEMb1tbglmro1_400.gif
162 KB, 308x516
men in skirts are only /fa/ if they're feminine, otherwise it's just weird.
>>
>>11465056
>>11465061
SSSSEEEEEEEEXXXXXXIIIIIIIIISSSTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

NO MORE HATE SPEECH ON OUR CAMPUS
>>
File: tumblr_mcjhpiSViy1qzvfspo1_500.jpg (77 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mcjhpiSViy1qzvfspo1_500.jpg
77 KB, 500x375
>>11465038
it's cute
>>
>>11465056
mostly agree. andro fashion is an interesting niche but I don't think that making it the main thrust of fashion creativity is a good idea.
I have a few andro pieces for when I feel adventurous (sarong, headbands, etc) but it's not for every day IMO.
Also, men in feminine clothing are much more effay than "well dressed" dykes. If you notice, even most andro trends are used to soften male traits, not to masculinize female ones
>>
>>11465114
About as andro as I will go is drapey tee shirts with big necklines. But that's about it for me. And that's mostly cause they're just comfy, and I've always kinda hated tight crew necks.
>>
>>11465038

andro will never b fa no matter how much the fags who keep designing it want it to be so
>>
>>11465144
andro is good, just don't base your entire look around it.
>>
>>11465038
I have one pair of extreme skinnies and I love them. I know everybody eyeballing me thinks I look like a fag, but they're comfy and make my legs look thin.
>>
I don't think basing your look around andro is a good idea, I think casual andro elements can be really good.
For example if you found a skirt that you knew would look amazing with pieces you already own, you should cop, just as you would trousers.
>>
>>11465193
But you have to be honest with yourself considering the message you're sending to people around you by wearing a skirt. 99% of people seeing you with think "oh look, a homosexual," or "that man is a cross-dresser."

If you are in fact gay, then cool. If you don't care if passers-by will think you're gay, fine. If you can accept that a few strangers will probably give you shit for wearing a skirt, then go ahead.

Also, I wouldn't consider a skirt to be a casual andro element. In fact, it's not really androgynous at all, it's straight up feminine.
>>
File: hvhj.jpg (44 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
hvhj.jpg
44 KB, 540x960
If you feel like doing it just do it. If your goal for clothes is to connect with people or get pussy you're not actually interested in fashion anyway
>>
>>11465289
I'm agender i look good doing it so i keep doing it
>>
>>11465289
>this
wear the clothes you like
>>
>>11465299
Kill yourself, degenerate.
>>
File: gyg.jpg (50 KB, 540x673) Image search: [Google]
gyg.jpg
50 KB, 540x673
>>11465311
gaze in to your beautiful future
>>
>>11465320
>>11465299

You still come off as just looking like a dude, not very andro at all.
>>
I'm a grill but I wear mostly men's clothing and accessories. I don't care about the gender aspect, I just find them really comfy and all.
>>
>>11465038
I don't think the dudes in those pics look good at all, they just look like they have put on a skirt over regular menswear. That being said it's not impossible to look good as a man in some sort of skirt
>>
>>11465096
Source?
>>
>>11465038
>Putting manly muscular men in women's clothing to make it look cool
>implying everyone is like this guy

Yeah no.
>>
>>11465067
Then it's not fa it's just /b/muhtraps-core
>>
>>11465038
When done subtly yes. Subtle as in not like in pic related.
>>
>>11465299
>>11465320

Nice fits, perhaps grow your hair out a little bit to get a pagerboy look
>>
One of the most /fa/ things you can do when done well with a concept in mind... just like anything else.
>>
>>11465038
Kanye almost started the skirt trend. I wish it has caught on.

I wore a skirt once it was super comfy.

I think Skirts and dresses open up a whole larger world of fashion men can't access.
>>
Ignoring gender roles in fashion is indeed /fa/; however, one must be suited to the task. In other words, ugly fucks need not apply.
>>
>>11465038
If skirts were acceptable, Id def cop some sort of pleated skirt, its the only one ive seen that looks remotely good on a guy.
>>
File: Photo on 7-2-16 at 9.45 AM.jpg (108 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 7-2-16 at 9.45 AM.jpg
108 KB, 1080x720
>>11467609
way ahead of it <3
>>
>>11468235
nice hairline
>>
File: 1hz6mq.jpg (735 KB, 1000x1574) Image search: [Google]
1hz6mq.jpg
735 KB, 1000x1574
>>11465038
tomboy andro girls are /fa/
feminine andro boys are /fa/ too like andreja pejic before she transitioned

but most people can't and shouldn't try to pull it off, it should be reserved for a select few who are naturally facially androgynous
>>
>>11468241
Thanks!!
>>
>>11468235
I have very samy hairline, just buzz the shit.
>>
I'd very much like wearing skirts since it's pretty comfy, but I'm not ready for the social stigma that comes with it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.