[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some suit advice. I just got a promotion, and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0619-683x1024.jpg (75 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0619-683x1024.jpg
75 KB, 683x1024
I need some suit advice.

I just got a promotion, and I'm going to be in frequent meetings now that require me to have some variation from just my standard normal suit, that I used to only have to break out for weddings and interviews.

My main concern is that I have a larger frame, especially on my upper body. I like the style in pic related, but I worry that something with such slim lines is going to look ill fitting, with such skinny pant legs.

What's the best look that's fashionable? Colors, etc?
>>
>>11442038
F U L L R I C K
U
L
L
R
I
C
K
>>
>>11442038
F U L L S U P R E M E
U
L
L
S
U
P
R
E
M
E
>>
>>11442038
Black and navy suits my dude
KISS
>>
>>11442072
>>11442074

I don't know what this means.
>>
>>11442038
that suit is fucking atrocious m8

look at those shitty ass shoulders

lapels are too high and too thin

he's wearing a fucking button down shirt

tie and pocket square combo hurts my eyes

trouser breaking is literally struggle breaking

shoe color is too light for the suit color

belt is off and doesn't match the shoes

he's wearing a tie clip

stomach area should be a slight bit tighter for this type of suit

whole suit frames his head like an ayy lmao

jesus i want to bleach my eyes at this point
>>
go black and never go back (except you should really wear a navy or dark gray suit every couple weeks to prove you have more than one suit).
>>
Just saying, make sure the pants come up far enough so that you can't see as much of your shirt as in your pic. Suits should not have low rise pants. Get charcoal grey or navy.
>>
>>11442118
Uh oh, look out, we got a suiting expert on our hands

>lapels too thin
You're aware that different style suits can have different style lapels, right? Some are thinner, some are thicker. There is no right or wrong here, just preference. They're not even that thin really.

>wearing a button down shirt
This has been trendy as of recently (past few years). Although I agree, I'm not a huge fan

>wearing a tie clip
So?

>belt doesn't match shoes
You can even see it well enough to determine whether or not it matches, stop searching for shit just for the sake of saying it looks bad

>stomach area should be tighter
Really it fits pretty much perfect in that area. It's funny that you're criticizing the lapels, yet you think that the waist should be overly slim.

Btw, post a pic of you wearing a suit, Mr. Suit Man
>>
>>11443015
It's objectively shit my boyo, I'm not even the dude you responded to
>>
>>11442038
>>I have a larger frame

Lose weight you disgusting monster. That said suits are the perfect boxy piece of attire to distract from your repulsiveness.
>>
>>11442352
Black suits are for funerals
>>
Phoenix Wright core
>>
>>11443015
>in order to be a food critic you must make good food and similarly in order to critique suits to must wear good suits
next tier retardation

tie clips are trendy dog shit that serve no purpose. you can just adjust your tie placement every few minutes or just accept that your toe won't stay put. it also usually does a bad job of what its supposed to do by leaving the upper half stable but the lower half not. you can subtly see this in the picture with how the tie doesn't even peek in the area above the belt buckle

the belt clearly doesn't match. its a dark brown/black color compared to the light brown color of the shoes. but perhaps you're blind as well as stupid?

the stomach should be slimmer because the lapels are too slim in conjunction with the other parts of the outfit, namely the shoulder area and the stomach area. this is why the lapels are dog shit too. it cant decide whether it wants a more masculine silhouette with the shoulders and stomach or a more modern, slim silhouette with the lapels

>>11443044
reddit detected
>>
Is Bateman here to help this guy?
>>
>>11443376
Yo
>>
>>11442038
Doppelgänger.it (Euro)
Mossbros (UK)
H+M (maybe)
Topman (never)
>>
>>11443962
Express is my go-to for cheapies (here in the US). If you wait for a sale, or clearance etc. you can nab a decent suit for less than $200. Quality is much better than H&M and Topman, IMO. And they just so happen to fit me really well off the rack. Only a few minor adjustments needed at the tailor.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.