[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shopping at outlet stores
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 767x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 767x575
How do I effectively distinguish between made-for-outlet pieces of shit and delicious b-stock/overflow from original dept stores? I usually shop at the Rack, sometimes Last Call. So far I only know is to avoid brands that have their own racks (Michael Kors, Penguin), but I'm not sure how to inspect clothing or identify labels to determine authenticity. Any tips /fa/?
>>
just go to Saks Off Fifth and get 2 year old Brioni ties that's pretty much all you can find from outlets that are worth picking up
>>
>>11440268
>How do I effectively distinguish between made-for-outlet pieces of shit and delicious b-stock/overflow from original dept stores
By looking at it and trying it on? lmao what kind of question is that
If you can't distinguish a good item from a bad one you deserve the bad one
>>
>>11440285
This is haughty nonsense desu. This isn't the case of purchasing a "fake", most pieces sold at clearance stores intentionally deceive the buyer with a similar fit/appearance; they're inferior replicas made by the same company.
>>
I never shop at Nordy's anymore. Nowadays it's just a fucking cesspit for proles who want to feel rich by overpaying for any basic ass brand they heard Drake or Kanye mention.

Last time I was there it was full of foul blacks and Mexicans, and their men's section sucks dick. When I mentioned Yves Saint-Laurent to one of the salespeople she blankfaced me and responded: "Ee-san what? ......... Oh, do you mean Y-S-L?" Literally turned right the fuck around and walked away then and there.

Never setting foot in that store again.
>>
>>11440268
Generally I'd say it's not worth it. 90%+ is shit, sometimes well-camouflaged shit, but still shit. The Eton shirt I'm currently wearing was bought at 50% off at my local outlet mall, and was seemingly old stock. I also own a pair of linen shorts that are of decent quality, but was sold at the outlet because of some minor stains. Aside from those two things everything I have ever bought or tried on in outlets have been shit.

If you buy stuff from outlets you should expect lower than lowest fabric quality, button that fall off first time you button them, weird sizing and generally uglier patterns and cuts.
>>
>>11440392
you realize nordstroms/saks is mid tier right? high end is shit like barney's
>>
File: image.jpg (219 KB, 899x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219 KB, 899x650
>>11441018
Tfw when got my geos and sock ramones from Nordstrom for a steal. After a bit of scheming and price matching i made them do wound up paying only about $630 for both.
>>
Nordstroms with the discount shoe sections are dope, they take up like 1/3rd of the store and they got decent shit for cheap sometimes
>i still die thinking about those cdg converse for $60 that I didn't cop
>>
>>11440325
If you can't immediately tell that it's shit after trying it on, who cares whether it was made for the outlet?

The whole point of clothing is to look good. If it looks good on you, you've won the game.
>>
>>11441669
explain m8
>>
>>11441978
I'm not him but if the person working the register is stupid or doesn't care, you can usually get some nice stuff/pieces for cheap by price matching.
>>
>>11442029
could you expand? by stupid do you mean by like just showing the person a price on some website, or like straight up stupid by telling them to price match some chuck taylor's for the ramones?
>>
>>11440268
I think Nordstrom rack, Saks off 5th sell mostly stuff that's out of season, damaged box or returned. I think that Barney's outlets and Neiman Marcus throw some of their own budget tier stuff in with the mix. It should be relatively easy to tell what's what.

Other sites that only carry a specific brand will only carry outlet special diffusion line stuff. Like let's say that the store is a Calvin Klein outlet, then it's mostly going to be their crappier stuff. It's not always the case though, and not all of it is complete crap even if it is from the outlet line.
>>
File: image.jpg (850 KB, 2448x1605) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
850 KB, 2448x1605
>>11441978
So basically i bought the geos right when the anniversary sale started and they were still full price at $1210. I bought them in store and just had a salesman order them for me so it's an in store sale but also an online order. About a week later they drop to %40 so i go back, i show them the new online price and they match the price and i get back $484 so that same day i order the sock ramones that were already %40 off at $1036.80. A week later they drop to %60 off so i go back and i try to do the same thing and after a long argument with the salesman he says he can't do it. So i tell him to go fuck himself etc. and i call Nordstrom customer service and i explain the situation. So they do the price match for me. For the sock ramones i get back $345.60. Here's where it gets good :D i call back and ask for a price match on the geos but i used the original order number from when they were $1210 so i get back the full %60 difference which was $726. So i got 3 refunds on the two pairs totaling $1555.60 back in my pocket :^)
>>
>>11442757
What the fuck youre a fucking mastermind dude
>>
>>11442757
10/10
>>
>>11441959

I don't entirely disagree with you, but there are issues that aren't going to be immediately or easily apparent. A blazer or suit coat that was largely assembled in the Chinese factory instead of the Italian one might have a glued/fused interlining instead of a floating canvas one, requiring the buyer to know how to tell the difference. A sweater made of the C-grade wool instead of the A-grade stuff is going to pill and stretch faster over time. Etc.

If you're looking for disposable fast fashion this probably doesn't matter, but otherwise I can see why a buyer might want to know how well an item was made and out of what.

>>11442757

You're like a criminal genius, son.
>>
>>11440325
Have you ever looked at outlet clothing, it's shit. If it actually looked and fit the same there wouldn't be a problem
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.