[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indochino
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: +.jpg (5 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
+.jpg
5 KB, 300x150
How do you feel about Indochino?

Are the items quality or shit?

Is it a meme?
>>
>>11438444
better than buying off the rack, but doesn't really compare to proper tailoring.

the fabric they use is cheap, and you can't get anywhere near as good a fit and drape by sending a bunch of measurements over the internet

I also highly doubt that their jackets are fully canvassed. half canvas at best for their 'premium' suits
>>
>>11438546
How are their shirts?

There aren't that many stores that do tailored dress shirts in small cities.
>>
>>11438546
Im a tailor and I second that opinion. Indochino is low to mid tier at best

>>11438616
The shirts are mediocre
>>
>>11438722
How can you tell if a store has a good in-house tailor?
>>
>>11438546
>better than buying off the rack, but doesn't really compare to proper tailoring.

What do you mean? You could get it tailored just like any other suit.
>>
>>11438546

What do you recommend for the same price range?
>>
>>11438826
tailored as in created by hand without a premade pattern specifically for the customer by a cutter and tailor. suits like this generally cost 2k+ mind you
>>
>>11438747
Question them on everything. Ask what fabrics they use and what fabric houses they get them from. What level of worsting do they recommend for an everyday business suit and why? Who cuts the fabric? Do they use made to measure patterns? How many fittings for a suit? Ask exactly which parts are sewn by hand, and which with a machine. etc.

A competent tailor will be able to answer all these questions.
>>
>>11439023
no one is going to reveal which mills they purchase from
at best you'll be told that the mills are located in x country or that their mills sell premium fabrics to huge names
>>
File: CustomOnline-Indochino.jpg (116 KB, 1023x651) Image search: [Google]
CustomOnline-Indochino.jpg
116 KB, 1023x651
When the product doesn't even look good in the carefully staged photos, it's a red flag

When the product doesn't look good on mannequins, it's a red flag

They have this place called "my suit" where I live, same idea, same horrible looking stuff

>>11439118
>no one is going to reveal which mills they purchase from
Dude what. ANY tailor that isn't garbage is going to tell you what mills they purchase from. They may have some generic no-name stuff that they will literally tell you "this is generic no-name but it seems pretty good for the price"; maybe if that's all your place has, then it seems like it's a big trade secret but it's not. It's just that whatever it was, didn't have anything worth bragging about.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.