[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>adidas is beating nike on that sneaker game dawg >nike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20160623_093615.jpg (309 KB, 2029x1015) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160623_093615.jpg
309 KB, 2029x1015
>adidas is beating nike on that sneaker game dawg
>nike is losing market
>man they have to catch up with them three stripes
>>
This is bait, but I agree, adidas has gone from slavcore to surpassing nike in just a couple of years, Herbert Hainer is managing that shit good
>>
File: 56.png (690 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
56.png
690 KB, 800x533
Adidas House Party campaign put out my favorite commercial, and it's a fucking ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=624Cegya9JE
>>
Jords still dominated alot of slots of top 30 best selling sneakers of 2015,i'm pretty sure Adidas is going to overtake some of that with release such as NMD but yeah,the margin for their market is pretty much unchanged
>>
>>11435738
its already changing
>>
>>11435723

Slavcore was always better than Nike niggercore.
>>
File: com 090.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
com 090.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>11435775
you're not looking at the whole market,adidas certainly dominate the hype part of it,but they're still dependent on the momentum they get from this,so every release of a new model is crucial or they're gonna lose their initiative

also look at these reeboks
>>
>>11435785
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/foot-locker-posts-drop-in-basketball-shoe-business-20160520-00470

http://hypebeast.com/2016/6/adidas-under-armour-2016-sales-growth
>>
>>11435814
yeah posted that before,but it doesn't give concise numbers sold,sure the figure of 450 thousand shoe a day is thrown out but we dont know the comparison to that unlike here
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/01/02/flight-club-30-top-selling-sneakers-of-2015/
>>
>>11435873
also note that the hypebeast article still states that Nike is the number 1 brand for sneakers in the U.S
>>
>>11435877
>also note that the hypebeast article still states that Nike is the number 1 brand for sneakers in the U.S

Your point? What part of changing do you not understand
>>
>>11435880
as i stated on my earlier post,adidas can beat nike but only if they continue on their streak in good sneakers,so if we see 2-3 more good release then we know that adidas is really going to overthrow nike
>>
File: 3Bze8bQ.png (574 KB, 689x569) Image search: [Google]
3Bze8bQ.png
574 KB, 689x569
Are y'all fucking kidding me? There's nothing innovative about these shoes, it's just another mashup of various elements from modern sneakers in the past 5 years.

The worst part is that if this was Nike you all would have talked down on this same shoe, y'all are just Adidas shills.
>>
>>11435912
If it was nike it would have an oversized swoosh and itll be 10x uglier
>>
Stopping nike is literally impossible, they make like 4x what adidas does annually probably mostly on athletically focused clothes and shoes. They dont need or care about hypebeast $$$ so adidas hopped on that market
>>
>>11435918
>They dont need or care about hypebeast $$$
Nike is still a more hyped brand
>>
>>11435922
this,i remember the day when red october came out
every single proto fuccboi was howling for it
>>
>>11435922
Are you kidding? Ive heard nothing but yeezy talk, boost, nmds, and tubulars for a year now

You can argue who makes better looking shoes but that's all subjective. Nike will probably dominate the financial market for a long time though
>>
>>11435734
i see ur easy to please
>>
>>11435734
what if u attend in full Nike?
>>
>>11435775
you forget one thing
even if Adidas is growing faster than Nike now, which is true, it doesn't change the fact that both are growing, Nike's net worth is 5 times the net worth of Adidas

so you can calculate how much time is needed for Adidas to catch up with Nike, if let's say these tendencies are somewhat constant

Adidas was sleeping for 15 years, at the beginning of the 2000's Nike and Adidas were equal in terms of net worth, as of now it's like they aren't even in the same league

yes, some changing is going on, but it's overrated by those who don't see the big picture
>>
>>11436030
No. At the time it was an awesome commercial and their concept was really cool. Looking back at it they had a brilliant marketing scheme going, and still do with all their celebrity endorsing. I guess you would rather have bland shit thrown in your face.
>>
>>11435717
Are they serious?
>>
>>11435946
That's the internet. real life nike sells like beats sell. people will buy nike for the status like people buy beats for the status
>>
>>11435717
I actually kind of like this
>>
>>11436147
>yes, some changing is going on, but it's overrated by those who don't see the big picture

Yes but adidas is changing the life style of shoes. the resell and profit of basketball shoes are going down . I don't care about who sells more, the fact is that more the sneaker culture is going to a phase now. Jordans used to be an icon ofstreetwear but its becoming less trendy due to nmds ultraboosts and the like
>>
>>11436699
well then you're most likely a nigger
>>
>>11436717
Nope. Never liked nigger shoes in my life. I think it's just the colour way. I don't like this one at all for example.
>>
>>11436696
groundbreaking analysis

tell us more about this new phenomenon of people buying stuff for status
>>
>>11435917
Stop this meme. The swish is no diffrent than the 3 strips in the middle of the shoe. Stop being a "muh minimal" faggot

Also this >>11436663 I knew theses shoes looked familiar
>>
>>11437332
nike is more of a branding whore
>>
nike just needs to drop their ridiculous prices
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.