[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I really have to pay 10 bucks per pair of decent no-show socks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
Do I really have to pay 10 bucks per pair of decent no-show socks? Uniqlo is sold out of theirs in Europe.
>>
If you don't have a particular reason to get something else, you're fucking up by not getting Smartwool. The wool's odor resistant, so you don't need as many, and you can easily rotate three pairs or so washing in the sink and then laying on a rack to dry.
>>
>>11426840
w-what?
>>
>>11426840
Can anyone vouch for these? I'm mostly concerned about breathability and ventilation because my feet sweat a lot but aren't particularly odorous so I'd ideally want socks that don't cause sweating. I tried some dri-fits recently and they were awful and caused more sweating than necessary and the moisture wouldn't go away either.
>>
>>11428267
ya I have 2 pair of these, they breath alright but if your feet sweat an abnormal amount i wouldn't even look at no-show socks cuz they are all pretty much like this
>>
>>11425154
Gildan has you covered, check yer local Walmart.
>>
>>11425154
If that's too much, then you should just get H&M socks. They are alright but obviously not merino wool.
>>
>>11428293
>sold out in Europe
>Walmart

>>11428275
What does the cut have to do with it? I thought it would be more the material
>>
>>11428424
Order online you simple tosser.
>>
>>11428464
oi u cheeky fuck im cum right round and nock u the fuck out knobhead
>>
Just buy them off ebay faggot
>>
PRIMARK
>>
Uniqlo socks aren't even good in my experience.
>>
>>11427315
smartwool.com

There's a ton of stuff like this now – wool-synthetic blend, already odor resistant, then treated to resist odor further – but Smartwool was one of the first to do it, they do it rather well, and they're very accessible, not too pricey and overflowing at every REI.

If you're concerned about breathability, pick up the lightest weight from their PhD Run collection.

The Dri-Fits were probably polycotton, which IME is the stinkiest material. Working theory based on what I know: polyester traps odor, but it dries quickly. But blend it with cotton, which holds moisture, and you have your sweat being held up against the polyester for hours.
>>
No show socks look stupid. Don't be an idiot. Dress like an adult
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.