[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how much clothes shopping do you do in person or online? do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1458087625491.jpg (53 KB, 532x650) Image search: [Google]
1458087625491.jpg
53 KB, 532x650
how much clothes shopping do you do in person or online? do you do 100% online or still go to stores to try stuff on?

i live far from basically any clothing store and i don't like driving that much so i buy a lot online, don't like the gamble of worrying whether or not it'll fit too big or too small though.
>>
>>11419754
I buy all my clothes on sale at Urban Outfitters, I'll admit it...
>>
>>11419754
>so i buy a lot online, don't like the gamble of worrying whether or not it'll fit too big or too small though.

get measurements
buy brands you know fit
try shit on in stores when you go to a bigger town
return shit that doesn't fit, don't buy again
>>
>Go to a store
>Try on item
>If like, buy it online after

Online shopping is almost always cheaper, but you shouldn't buy something without trying it on, especially from fast fashion stores (different retailers have different ideas of sizes) or shoes.
>>
Online strictly, just buy whatever size the model in the preview pic has on
>>
i would go 100% in person if possible, but its impossible to find anything higher tier than polo ralph lauren where i live
>>
I only shop online because I live in the middle of nowhere.

>>11419915
Pretty much this.
>>
>>11419754
Always online, I live in a pretty big city but there's nothing in stores. 3/4 of every store are for girls.
>>
>copping a pair of wayfarers at discount at sunglass hut
>checking them out in the mirror
>"damn these are actually pretty effay"
>assistant looked at me like a retard

and that was the last time I let myself shop in person
>>
>>11419772
have you tried taking your measurements and comparing it to the garments measurements instead of comparing your size to the garments size, maybe you wouldnt need to try things out in the store if it worked out for you
>>
If it's at all possible, I'll try it on in store. Otherwise, I'll get it online.

Also >>11419772, if I find an item I like in store, and it's cheaper online, I can usually get them to charge me the cheaper price. Doesn't always work though. Probably depends on policy of the shop.
>>
I buy everything in the store except underwear. It's just weird to buy stuff without trying it on first
>>
>>11419754
I live in NYC
try shit on in stores and scour net for best price

> tfw brick and mortar's worst enemy

honestly no reason for me to buy shit in stores when I can find the same piece during season at a much better price from eu site or wtvr

also, wearing clothes based on measurements is tricky business

measurements just don't work for some pieces
>>
All of it lately, unless I stumble on a really good deal at a local shop. I live near Seattle, a lot of places there, but I've got a shoestring budget and most of what I wear I've had for about five years.

Full shirts seem to be risky, which is weird because back in the day my size as my size. now whatever I order seems a size too small. I've put on muscle, but not THAT much.

I also tend to shop at places with good returns so there's usually no problem. Gilt is bad about this, which is a pain because so much of their styles are nice when they aren't hipster chaff.
>>
>>11421056
"pretty big city"

you live in a town, mate

if your "city" lacks mens fashion, its not a big city
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.