[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/pT1hCJ7-vBI Going to burn up my CDG sweater,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled-1.jpg (224 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
224 KB, 792x612
https://youtu.be/pT1hCJ7-vBI

Going to burn up my CDG sweater, waiting on you guys to fund a livestream C;
>>
CDG or Play?
>>
PLAY, valued at 500CAD
>>
>>11374704

>play

Homeless people are embarrassed to wear that trash.
>>
That's why it needs to go.
>>
2 words

killya self
>>
shit thread surprisingly durable cardigan
>>
very hard to burn aswell
>>
>>11374704
Play is trash. You're doing a good thing by burning it instead of spreading the cancer by selling it on grailed
>>
Id like to have a black cdg play cardigan for as cheap as possible as I find other cardigand to be boring. Where to cop? Dont want to drop much on cdg play
>>
trash
>>
I don't get the hate for play, yeah it's a diffusion line but I have the money for CDG shit and I prefer the basic nature of Play compared to Shirt or Homme Plus (not all the time though)

I feel like people hate play cause it's cheap and most kids wear it stepping up from "mallcore" as a way to flex.

I like the brand, it's a nice way to get (you)s from people not into fashion. (It's more recognizable than the average CDG product) and a way to flex in basics, it's no diffrent than Ralph or Lacoste. I also like the logo, which I know some people hate so.

Also I'd like to find this thread stupid becuase the Cardigan was more than likely fake becuase I don't know anyone who would burn a $300 cardigan (because it's too small) that they could have easily resold or returned.

Play may be "cheap" compared to other Comme products but still a decently made product that's out of most people's budgets.
>>
>>11374685
lmao fucking mouth breather
kys
>>
>>11376774
Rakuten
>>
Lose weight fatty I can hear you gasping for air
>>
>>11374685
Oh god you're fat
>>
>>11376798
/thread
>>
>>11374685
Nobody is gonna pay for your shitty stream just burn it already.
>>
>>11376798
Play is a really cool brand. First designer brand I bought. Not to flex, there's no point in flexing with Play. If I wanted to flex I'd buy Versace or LV or some shit everybody knows.

Play is subtle and simple which is what I like. I also think the heart is cool looking. (No I'm not being ironic)
>>
>>11377548
this, i got 2 longsleeves and a t-shirt, theyre nice basics. but flexing in them is kinda stupid as its pretty cheap too
>>
>>11377622
Yeah but "cheap" is relative you have to keep in mind that most people/the average person doesn't spend $180 on a tee shirt.
>>
>>11377692
the tees (at the dsm eshop) are like sub £60, but i get what you mean
>>
>>11376798
>It's more recognizable than the average CDG product

no it's not
>>
>>11377759
The average person doesn't spend $90 on a t-shirt though! Most of my friends spend their money at h&m, as most of the average consumer does as well.

>>11377762
Yes it is. At least to people not into fashion or unfamiliar with Rei Kawakubo's work. CDG has a distant look but the average day to day person not into fashion wouldn't recognize a color block CDG Shirt or a a cut and sew CDG jacket.

People know and can pick out the heart logo, it's something that's assorted with luxury (at least to the common consumer)
>>
>>11376798
I agree with you. I've no problems with logos as long as they're well designed, and the heart is cute. Rather that than people wearing ugly supreme shit.
>>
>>11376798
I'd say cdg play is mall core

Kids wear cdg play converse and children wear cdg play a lot so..

It's a childish connotation too
You mention it's the same as Ralph Lauren, I'd argue purple label expressed more talent than cdg h+

And black label is so much better than shirt or juunya

Polo has some cornelian and Caruso made pieces with polo Ralph Lauren shoes made by church's

Compare that to any shoe in the cdg product line

Oh and poly blend cardigans vs loro piana select label cashmere for polo...
>>
>>11377779

>The average person doesn't spend $90 on a t-shirt though!

Yes they do that's why macys, Dillard's, north face, ll bean, orvis, rei, Eddie Bauer are all in business

In fact cdg play is lower price on average to what most people spend. North face shells etc
>>
>>11377827
Eh I get where you're coming from but with more and more people shopping at fast fashion places I would argue less people into fashion are spending $90 on shirts the average person is shopping at Zara and HM now. Of course places like Sacks and Neiman's will always exists and serve their purpose but the people who could barley afford those places are now moving away from it. Also I'd like to say that when I mean average I mean the day to day person, most people can recognize the play logo but are unwilling to spend the money on the product. (This is from my experience living in nyc)

>>11377820
I personally think Homme Deux is Kawakubo's best non runway work. And I would agree play is mallcore.

I don't have a problem with Play though and I'm openly willing to wearing it, it think it serves it's purpose well. That being said I lowkey hate the converse becuase I think of them as "baby's first luxury/look at me I'm fashionable" there on the same level as Stan Smiths when it comes to fashion.

Eh I'm not a formal wear guy so I fail to see what's creative about purple label becuase I'm not familiar enough with those kinds of clothes to make a judgement.

I think polo serves a diffrent purpose all around compared to Kawakubo's work. Polo serves a more traditional purpose while Kawakubo's work is based on creating new and interesting cut and sew pieces. I actually like Juunya more than black label I feel like black label is really bland compared to the other works and is all around much more safe and traditional
>>
>>11374685
because live streams cost money? who gofunded your youtube video, asshole?
>>
>>11377548
I agree with you, its more of an introduction into higher fashion as opposed to a peak. There's nothing wrong with it, everyone needs a starting point to transition without spending toooooo much money (in relevance), the problem comes from the fuccbois who buy cdg play or the converse and think they are in some fucking elite fashion group or some shit. That being said I still fucking hate cdg play.
>>
>>11377820
fuck off sieg you asian fatass
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.