[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How effay is thrift shopping?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: smilee.gif (1 MB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
smilee.gif
1 MB, 500x600
How effay is thrift shopping?
>>
pretty effay. with some knowledge and -lots- of luck you can perform absurdly good cops
>>
>>11365596
>tfw thrift store selling items for 25 cents
>>
>>11365685
i mean, ordinary items are one story. btu you can also stumble upon CPs for $25 or geos for $100. Many such cases!
>>
>>11365690
Noice.

Thrift shoppin' gen.
>>
Thrifting is effay as fuck, my area has a median income of 550k and I find tons of stuff. Not always in my size, but one good ebay/grailed flip pays for the whole year of thrifting.
>>
>>11366510
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>11365571
how did you make this gif
>>
>>11366510
Where do you live my boyo
time to live in a van in a country where i dont know the language and just scavenge on rich boi throwaway clothing to flip
>>
File: IMG_4253.jpg (449 KB, 2448x3059) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4253.jpg
449 KB, 2448x3059
This effay
>>
I like the idea of it but I never find anything super good. Because in NYC everyone goes to consignment shops.

>>11365690
>stumble upon CPs for $25 or geos for $100
Also how

Because that seems like fairy tale shit
>>
Incredibly effay. You can get things at thrift stores you can't find anymore. The slight wear gives it character. If you want to design your style instead of copying, thrift stores are the place to be.
>>
I found some givenchy stockings once
Weird as fuck but I still bought them
>>
>>11368388
i've flipped so many thrifts on grailed it's not even funny. also geos are like $20 tops at the thrift store.
>>
Depends where you shop.

Where i live the only thing they sell in thrift stores are the following
>old heavy
>old oversized shirts with either ugly loud patterns or plain ralph lauren.
>cheap old sportswear
>barbour jackets
>old levi jeans
>the odd mid priced columbia or timberland jacket
>old new balance trainers
>fruit of the loom t shirts and jumpers

It seems that all of the thrift stores where i live get thier clothes from the same hanging garment warehouse because they're literally copy and paste. I can imagine that in larger citys the selection is much better but unless you live in london/berlin/oslo/NYC/some other 'fashionable' city you're fucked.
>>
>>11368862
*>old heavy unbranded vintage jackets
>>
>>11368862
yeah i live in an excellent place for thrifting, perfect balance between good things coming in, and nobody in my area knowing anything about fashion.
Biggest/most reliable money maker is flipping vintage made in USA cotton tee's that I buy for 50 cents a piece for $30-80 a pop and women's clothing. Took me a while to figure out women's labels but you're severely limiting yourself if you thrift-flip only men's or looks you're personally interested in. I keep everything I like and sell off looks I'm not into.
>>
>>11368873
where do you sell on the tees/womens clothing? Ebay? Also how much money does it bring in per month? Looking into doing something like this for a bit of cash on the side. I suppose i better start researching women's labels a bit more.
>>
>>11368878
depends on the specific garment. ebay's good for the tee's usually, but there's also a few forums where those kinds of things are in demand. women's stuff i sell on ebay and etsy mostly. i also list a bunch of stuff on local buy/sell/trade apps there's a few that are very regionally popular here and I'm a NEET so I don't mind the extra time it takes to sell stuff in RL meetups.
>>
>>11368878
I can't say how much I make a month because I do it super casually. Basically just whenever I happen to be driving by a thrift store. The key is to hit up a variety of stores in a variety of areas. learn what sells, /fa/ and such give a VERY skewed view because everyone on here's under like 25. there's so much shit that sells quick for decent money that nobody here's into.
>>
>>11368894
>>11368908
Thanks mang.
>>
>>11368860
Again where the fuck do you live that you're finding geos at the thrift store I live in nyc and I've never found anything that nice.
>>
>>11368862
Yeah sounds like a typical English thrift store that does.
>>
>>11368862
Well at least some of the stuff would be useful for normcore, were I live its 100% shit
>>
>>11368352
truckcore, pu-male ^:)
>>
>>11368936
He's bullshitting
ffs
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.