[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do some old people dress so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mgm6q3L3SL1ql9izlo1_500.png (376 KB, 413x599) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgm6q3L3SL1ql9izlo1_500.png
376 KB, 413x599
all the best outfits i see in real life are on old ass people. old people always have the best eye for colour and the designs they have have this slight obscureness to them because the pieces are probably so old

alot of them dress like shit. but the best fits i see in real life are always on old people. i even saw this old ass lady and she was so old she was shaking just trying to walk she was like 3 years away from death at most and she had the best fit on. it was this weird light blue denim coat with a white shirt under it. it looked so good. she was probably 90
>>
Well. Dress so well.
>>
>>11338923
They've had decades to master their craft don't worry you'll get there one day kid.
>>
>>11338923

Old people dress well because they had a lot of time to figure out their style.

Old people dress like shit because you're old and why do you still give a fuck.
>>
because they don't take advice from the Internet
>>
>>11338923
idk they have this thing called experience you dumbshit
I swear summer ruins 4chan even more. dumbest fucking thread I've seen all day
kys
>>
>>11338923
(1) because they don't hop on the latest fashion trends
(2) they had more than enough time to figure out, what looks good on them
(3) also most of them have old garments from a time when there were no fast fashion BS and those garments still last and look good
>>
File: 3240208.jpg (268 KB, 594x458) Image search: [Google]
3240208.jpg
268 KB, 594x458
You have to understand that the general population (especially in the US) has had a huge shift in consciousness over fashion in the past few decades due to a number of social revolutions, recessions, etc. Everything has gotten much more casual, meaning that there are some people left from before it became super *acceptable to wear workout clothes in public* casual. What used to be the norm is now in the minority.

To answer the question "why don't men wear hats anymore?": because fashion got more casual and the public's tastes change.
>>
>>11339276
>>11339473
These two things are very true.

It also helps that many older people tend to stop giving a fuck after a while, which helps a lot. They stop worrying about keeping up with the latest fashion trends and do what the hell they want and stick with what they like. Even though that can go poorly sometimes, it helps give an air of confidence.
>>
>>11339473
Actually I heard men don't wear hats with suits anymore because of car headrests. Headrests killed the hat.
>>
>>11339588
Go to bed, Will.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.