[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/body dysmorphia/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Eating-Disorder_Body-Dysmorphia.jpg (111 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Eating-Disorder_Body-Dysmorphia.jpg
111 KB, 1000x750
anyone here besides me feel like, no matter what you wear you still look like shit 99% of the time, meanwhile your friends and people around you compliment you pretty often?
>>
>>11334265
fuck me anon

It feels bad
>>
Yeah I get tons of compliments all the time, especially on my physical appearance, but I kind of think I dress poorly.
>>
File: CRNz-0UUcAE5ZfA.jpg (30 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
CRNz-0UUcAE5ZfA.jpg
30 KB, 540x540
>feel ugly 99% of the time
Yes
>people finding me attractive
No, i am ugly, a 2-3/10, nobody likes me and im going to die alone
>>
>>11334329
hey m8 R U ME?
U
ME?!?!?
>>
>>11334316
they're complimenting you out of pity. you know you look like shit, and so do they.
>>
I still feel like a disgusting fat fuck. Sometimes I get a "compliment", but i somehow think that they are laughing at me, so more selfhate.
>>
>>11334316
Joker.
>>
Back in High School I was way bigger than I am now and all kinds of ugly. Girls would walk past me and then in ear range just straight say "Man, Anon is so ugly".

It's been about 8 years since I left, and despite losing a lot of weight and looking better than I ever have done to pretty much everyone who I know's agreement, I constantly still looking at myself as fat, ugly etc. I find it hard to talk to people and look at them because I worry they're looking back and thinking "Yo look at this guy, he looks like ass?"

You are you're own critic I guess, just need to realise that nobody is thinking about that stuff as much as I am.
>>
im fat so i always look shit in clothes but thanks to /fit/ ive lost 17kg and soon i can be effay
>>
File: 1464328570536.gif (19 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
1464328570536.gif
19 KB, 500x316
>>11334265
Try to get somebody to affirm a better self-image. This is coming from somebody who went through an anorexic phase shortly followed by a bulimic phase over the course of six years. I weighed significantly more at fourteen than I did at twenty. Nothing helped me more than a short but stable relationship with a beautiful and honest girl who, at least superficially, understood the personal issues I experienced towards my body and loved to compliment me. Strongly advise towards getting a therapist, strongly advise against using him alone to boost your confidence.

I've been told that once you get past pre-pubescent development, insecurity is something that never truly goes away and that all of the modern methods of management that are any more sophisticated than a full frontal lobotomy focus on either distracting from it, dulling it, or trying to give the insecure a feeling of false hope. In my experience that's been completely true, but retaining the memories of what she thought of me gave me a new perspective on how other people express positive outward emotion and that's helped me to explore new social venues and come out of my shell of neurotic masochism.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 205x246
>spend an hour every morning preparing my routine
>always use special natural oils for perfect skin
>hygiene is perfect, eyebrows are perfectly trimmed and thick thanks to rogaine which have made them thicker
>have homemade hairsprays to save money and look fresher, also so that I don't get any unnecessary chemicals
>always use oil in the shower to get thicker hair
>still only a 4/10 despite going through this every morning

I don't think you guys realise how fucking ugly I am without all this. I was roasted on /fa/ posting my face once, thank be god that I got more self aware and got my shit together, I've managed to get some hot grills

so t-thanks effay
>>
>>11334872
Hey man, you're doing good. It doesn't matter if you're ugly. Good on you, anon.
>>
>>11334872
hello sido my boy
>>
had a really weird thing happen to me today
>kinda tryhard about the way i dress
>still think i dress like shit anyway
>its kinda different but not too crazy
>some compliments but they never sink in
i friend of mine told me how people think i'm some sort of fashion god/no one else does fashion like i do
hopefully this has instilled some sort of confidence and i'll like myself more than i do atm
>>
>>11335839
post a fit mango
>>
>>11336885
This but with a better fruit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.