[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think its interesting adidas are now producing in germany again.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 2628.jpg (69 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
2628.jpg
69 KB, 620x372
I think its interesting adidas are now producing in germany again. I suppose the full automated process is more of a political opint, saying if were not going to use "slave" labor then we'll not hire anyone at all
>>
Im surprised that they dont use all those immigrants that are willing to work a dollar an hour, then use the "made in germany" as a marketing stunt.
>>
>>11328396
you mean import them? cost probs wouldnt be worth it get them working visas
>>
>>11328382
>I suppose the full automated process is more of a political opint, saying if were not going to use "slave" labor then we'll not hire anyone at all
corps can't do anything right.
if they hike the prices up, fakes will pop up, and people will complain. they move the production to China and India, and people complain. they bring the production back to Europe, and people complain.

it's still more ethical than using 3rd world slave labor.
full automation is bound to happen anyway, in our lifetimes. you'd better get ready.
>>
Full automation is fantastic as long as quality control is on point.

I'm ready for the 20 hour work week I was promised by futurists.
>>
>>11328514
>I'm ready for the 20 hour work week I was promised by futurists.
thats assuming everyone actually makes money. Just get a degree in cs and youll be set for the future
>>
>>11328514
>>I'm ready for the 20 hour work week I was promised by futurists.
I wish.

People keep saying that professions like law will eventually be automated and hours will go down, but the real effect is to just exponentially increase the workload on us. Once upon a time, "discovery" was exchanging a bunch of banker's boxes and calling it a day. Now, we're talking hundreds of thousands of documents (millions of pages) that individual attorneys have to review using knowingly unreliable search methods. Hooray.
>>
File: 1303865402633.png (45 KB, 181x191) Image search: [Google]
1303865402633.png
45 KB, 181x191
>tfw poor plebeians will buy fully automated shit while true patricians will keep buying man made stuff
>>
they probably mean that primeknit will be made in germany now. at most people will just glue soles to the primeknit uppers.
>>
>>11328530
Comp sci will be one of the first fields to go. The entire point of higher-level languages is to automate the more labour-intensive task of writing in the previous language. Pretty soon, software will be able to parse English, at which point manual coding will become obsolete.
>>
>>11328396
minimum wage applies for the immigrants too, so you can't make the production profitable in Germany, if you employ humans while keeping the prices of the items

this decision has nothing to do with politics, not even ecological, at least not in the short run, it's more like a PR stunt and to test the new technology

they won't be producing more than 1 million shoes per year in Germany, Adidas is producing 300 million shoes annually, so the vast majority of the production will still happen in asian sweatshops
>>
slave labor
rlly man?
>>
>>11329166
comp sci deals with more than high level languages. Mine included c, cpu infrastructer, etc on top of stuff like pyhton and java.

>>11329242
notice the quotation marks
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.