[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your awkward phase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 3340814_101313.jpg (207 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
3340814_101313.jpg
207 KB, 960x960
What was your awkward phase between "not really caring about how you're dressed" and "being into fashion" like?

I feel like most people had one. The phase where you parroted a few trends you saw badly and thought it was good. I wore weird colored jeans like green and burgundy and chambray shirts. I wore a linen blazer. I had some cheap brown wingtips I wore casually. I wore "fun socks" with dinosaurs on them and awful jersey material cardigans. This was around 2010-11 when I was like 17.
Cringey to think back on but I've seen a lot of people go though the same thing. Eventually I started dressing more "funky" for lack of a better word. Now I feel like I've refined it into something casual and sort of minimal without being too tryhard or boring, still a little funky and I'm happy with it.

pic related: this kid looks retarded but maybe he'll make it some day.
>>
>>11295896

Only the bow-tie is particularly cringey.
>>
I used to wear t-shirts, cargo shorts and vans, basically a typical highschool loser. I just go normcore nowadays.
>>
>>11295896
Til the age of 19 i just dressed in ill fitting earth tone clothes. when I first got into fashion I did like lots of people did and went too hard into dadcore/gentleman attire with smart buttonups and leather shoes. After a few weeks I remember seeing myself in a reflection of a window and feeling really fucking stupid looking and relapsed back to what I wore before before slowly getting back into decent stuff. 24 now and im finally happy with how I dress
>>
>>11295896
i wore girl jeans and brogues lol. Also wore a shit load of cheap knitted jumpers (over patterned argyle and corded ones). This was like 18/19, middle of 19 I got my shit together, broke up with that shitty influence of a gf and started exercising and actually developed a style as opposed to hoping that loud "nice" pieces would carry what i looked like
>>
I just let my mom dress me. So my wardrobe comprised of: Tons of Wrangler flannels, Wrangler jeans and Converse models that are all v. horrible (baby blue high top, bright red high top, etc. jesus). I also had cartoon T-shirts and other very shitty items. I started dressing like that from HS to the ends of college with my only saving grace being I have a proper postured skelly body and is a neat freak. desu I'm still in my awkward phase right now, sort of. I'm very slowly burning my old wardrobe and replacing it with actually decent items. I'm taking my sweet ass time because I want to decide well on my purchases and I want them to be something I will not regret even though the downside is that I'll still have to put up with some of my ugly shit. I wish I decided to put more thought into fashion years earlier.
>>
Fresh out of the military I wanted to improve my dress.
In the fedoralounge school of though sort of way.
First I started with cheap suits from K&G. Fucking illfitting pieces because I had no idea about nothing. Add cheap ties and cheap fedoras.
Later on I moved on to Men's Wearhouse and finally into eBay and thrift stores. While there I got into more vintage styles. I basically started wearing old jackets from the early 1900s to today.
I guess I haven't abandoned the aesthetic but nowadays I have a tailor and at least it opened up that relationship and experience. The dude is real cool and makes good clothing. Maybe I'll move away from the aesthetic
>>
>>11295907
So you went from not caring about how you dress to pretending to not care how you dress?
>>
i never cared
my wardrobe consists of about 2 pairs of jeans, a pair of sweat pants and about 40 band t-shirts and a grey pullover hoodie

i thought about buying some nicer pieces, but i am essentially a neet with no friends so i dont know why i should bother
late 20s now
>>
>>11295976

Just get really skinny and you'll be fashionable with that wardrobe.
>>
>>11295977
i already am
6'0
>>
I've been in it for about 5 years now.
>>
>>11295979
drop 30 and you're in business
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.