[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OUTFIT ideas ¿?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Brown-Logo.jpg (19 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
Brown-Logo.jpg
19 KB, 360x200
I´m going to do a summer session at Brown University and was wondering if preppy is the way to go? How to /fa/ people in Rhode Island dress?
>>
I go to Brown.

Don't do preppy.
>>
>>11292361
what do you recommend? Just Normcore?
>>
>>11292372

It's hot as shit in RI in the summer. normcore/streetwear, anything breathable.

if you're into noise music, dress like an ex-goth kid and you'll fit in with that scene.

idk, it's not princeton or anything, it's more liberal arts. close to risd, too. think hipster/streetwear/crusty.

hope that helps
>>
>>11292328
Brown isnt a preppy school desu. Get a septum piercing instead
>>
>>11292389
I go to this shit school too. Don't dress like a crusty. You'll look like a poser trying to dress "prov-core". Any /fa/ normcore, street wear, alt summer outfits r great. It gets super hot and humid in the summer. U can do any /fa/ looking summer outfit as long as it's not preppy. Brown isn't a preppy school and the summer sessions are even less preppy than the actual university. Sure you'll do fine. Maybe you'll impress some other /fa/ guys and u can all be pen pals and message each other about the new parquet courts album during the school year or some shit.
>>
>>11293985
Went to Columbia in NYC. Brown seemed like a happy, idyllic, sunny, peaceful place. Especially because you can pass fail everything and cruise through your four years(?)
>>
>>11294306
Being facetious calling it a shit school. I really love it. Couldn't imagine being happier with my college experience. Very relaxed and peaceful environment, especially for someone doing a humanities major like me. What did you think of Columbia? Brown honestly isn't that /fa/ desu. I think people assume that brown is like Wes or oberlin because it has a reputation as the "alt Ivy" but it's still an Ivy League school. Most people don't really seem to care that much about being fashionable, which is kind of nice. RISD has much more intense image cultivation, lots of students seem maybe too cool for their own good.
>>
>>11292328
I mean dress nice but not full prep. Maybe a polo and whatever kind of pants you want.

Just don't go in fucking Rick Owens.
>>
Same question as OP but in Berkeley.
>>
>>11292328
Dress in what appeals to you, is appropriate for the weather, whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. The people who you should give a shit about don't care about how you dress very much, if at all. Anyone who does is hollow.

If you want to be as basic as possible just go to /mfa. The advice (please use discretion) that's already there is good enough to troll through.

Any aesthetic that you want can be done well. If you're doing it well people won't think you're a slob, and that's really the thing to avoid. So, ideally, find something you really like and pull it off.
>>
>>11294884
I went to a summer program at Cal. There's all kinds of people so dress however you like. Berkeley's not really an effay place - lots of graphic tees and cargo shorts, so if you put in _some_ effort you should be fine.
>>
Where whatever the fuck you want fashion here is crazed
>>
>>11294803
Hi /fa/ Brown boy,
I think people care care about how they look here but fashion is just wide ranging.
- /fa/ Brown transgirl
>>
>>11296048
have you got kik or something? op here
>>
>>11296048
Yeah I guess ur right. I guess I like that it doesn't feel like anyone is really trying too hard if that makes sense
>>
>>11294884
i live right there,
>there are fashionalble people but its rare
>everyone dresses like a basic person or a hippy.
>buy birkenstocks and youl fit in real nice.

no one cares what you wear there though m8
>>
>>11294884
no prep dude dress basic tumblrcore for mad pucci
>>
While there's a thread like this, I may as well join in I suppose.

are the student areas in Boston /fa/ at all? Starting freshman at MIT this spring, but haven't had a chance to visit it at all because i'm a foreign student, what can I expect from the people there?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.