[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i doing this right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: skincare-lotion.jpg (20 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
skincare-lotion.jpg
20 KB, 594x396
Moisturiser.

Am i doing this right?.
>I wet my face with warm water
>leave it about 30 seconds
>put moisturiser on with my face still wet
>rub it in all over
>leave it on for about a minute
>wet my face with more warm water till the moisturiser comes off
>walk out of bathroom without drying my face. It dries off itself after a minute or 2
Is this right? I never really know what i'm doing with skincare stuff. It feels like i'm just putting magic goo on my face only to immediately wash it off again, so i'm wondering if i'm supposed to let it seep into my skin or what?

Redpill me on skincare /fa/
>>
>>11278184
put and leave on retatrd
>>
>>11278184
whoa what the fuck.
wash and dry your face then put moisturizer on right after
>>
>>11278184
Washing your face before moisturising is good, but leave the cream on not wash it off.
>>
>>11278194
>>11278203
So how long do i leave it on for? Do i not wash it off at all?

>>11278198
>wash and dry your face
wash and dry, or just wash and apply the moisturiser to the wet face?

Yes i'm retarded. That's why i made this thread
>>
>>11278184
1. Cleanser
2. Toner (optional, but if you want a more thorough clean and have large pores it can help make them appear smaller)
3. Moisturizer
>>
>>11278221
1 wash face
2 dry face with towel
3 apply moisturizer

ideally your moisterizer whould have some spf to prevent sun damage
>>
>>11278221
just wash your face and then pat dry and apply a face moisturizer and leave it
>>
>>11278184
>moisturizing something that is already wet

You are a dumb ass. Please tell me you're making this up.
>>
Dry face after wash.
Don't wash moisturiser off.
If you apply sun cream, apply it after the moisturiser has dried.

See /fa/ sticky, and this https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/sca_routine
>>
1. Wash face with a face wash
2. Exfoliate twice a week or so
3. Dry with towel (dab the towel on your face)
4. Apply moisturiser
5. Apply sunscreen
>>
>>11278184
just use it like you would sunscreen?
>>
How can you even leave moisturizer on your face? My face looks awfully oily if I leave it on
>>
>>11278328
Use one that's not oil based dummy.
>>
>people are this stupid
>>
jesus fucking christ you people never fail to impress me. last week i witnessed an adult man "learn" that you're supposed to change socks and underwear daily, on /r9k/ people think showering and brushing your teeth once a week (or once a year) is perfectly normal and now I'm on s fashion board where people can't figure out how to use fucking lotion.

if your face looks oily when your moisturizer has been absorbed just pat it with a towel, piece of paper, cotton pad or basically anything that's clean and dry!

I just know someone is going to go dunk their freshly moisturized face in some baking soda now because of my incredibly vague instructions, so to repeat what others have said:

1: wash face
2: dry face
3: moisturize
4: pat of excess oil if necessary
5: ???????
6: baby skin
>>
Look into Asian beauty products and look up some tutorials on their application. Cosrx is a famously good product line.
1. Oil cleanser
2. Foaming cleanser
3. Hydrating toner
4. Essence to treat issues like acne scarring or skin texture, redness
5. Moisturizer
6. Sunblock, preferably Asian as it's superior, no oiliness, goes on clean, look into biore.
>>
>>11281581
My face is out of acne, totally. Isotretinoun (accutane) is working wonders, but my fucking face is so dry. And when I put on moisturizer it looks fucking greasy, what do?
>>
File: IMG_9629.jpg (99 KB, 930x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9629.jpg
99 KB, 930x1600
>>11281635
What moisturizer are you using? Sounds like it's not being absorbed properly. When I use any I usually wait for it to dry a little and remove excess with a towel, no water or anything. You may want to try a moisturizing toner, it's something we don't have stateside unless you're near an asian grocery store that sells it, try looking online at places like wishtrend. hada labo gokujyun lotion is considered one of the best.

You can also try moisturizing overnight before washing in the morning, use a moisturizing toner like hado and some sunscreen and that shouldn't leave you too oily. I use Skin Aqua UV moisture gel spf 35pa+++ which protects and hydrates. There are some products you can get out there that are mattifying as well. I wouldn't usually recommend reddit, but /r/asianbeauty is the best place to start if you have no clue what you're doing.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.