[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/biz/ x /fa/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: apc_11_1.jpg (37 KB, 500x859) Image search: [Google]
apc_11_1.jpg
37 KB, 500x859
How do I become effay and professional at the same time?
>>
>>11259998
Be thin/fit
Tailored suit
Clean, but contemporary haircut
>>
>>11260000
Nice quints
What are some good business haircuts?
>>
File: armani_classico.jpg (166 KB, 1024x1515) Image search: [Google]
armani_classico.jpg
166 KB, 1024x1515
A well-fitting suit is always fashionable and professional. It has been for a long time, and it will be for a long time.
>>
>>11260011
It's become pretty common to ditch the tie and leave the jacket unbuttoned, too.
If you do this, get the jacket slightly tighter than usual.
>>
>>11260001
Gentleman's Cut
HY is clean enough if not no guard shaved at the side and not to long on the top
Buzzcut
>>
>Wear tailored suits
>Only wear shirts with french cuffs (and nice cufflinks)
>Suspenders not that often
>peak lapels
>Vintage expensive watch

and finally:

>Have your initials on your shirt (not the american/british shit on the cuffs, I'm talking below your ribs)
>>
File: draper.jpg (7 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
draper.jpg
7 KB, 209x200
>>11260001
> congratulates poster on quints
> poster got quads
> mfw
>>
>>11261643
>Aesop
ew
>>
>>11261643
Yeah, initials on the shirt where only you or your significant other will see them is tasteful but on/near the cuffs/chest pocket screams middle manager who just discovered buying MtM.
>>
>11261643
>Only wear shirts with french cuffs (and nice cufflinks)
dont do this if you're below vice president / partner level
>Suspenders not that often
dont wear suspenders unless you're the boss
>peak lapels
dont do this
>Vintage expensive watch
dont do this. Get a decent watch but never wear a better watch than your boss
>Have your initials on your shirt (not the american/british shit on the cuffs, I'm talking below your ribs)
dont ever fucking do this
>>
>>11263382
Your life must be miserable if all you do is worry about being shittier than your boss. Quit your job and be your own boss.
>>
File: gordon gekko 615.jpg (69 KB, 615x329) Image search: [Google]
gordon gekko 615.jpg
69 KB, 615x329
>>11263436

ok ill do that

then I'll be able to wear my monogrammed shirts, cuff links, suspenders, and my blurry 1960s vintage omega while I be my own boss - whatever that means.

should I go ahead and get a fedora too? Maybe style my hair like I'm on the set of Mad Men or like I'm pic related?

but seriously if a 21 year old analyst comes into work wearing Ferragamo loafers, suspenders, and a monogrammed shirt we're going to laugh at him.

OP just needs to get some shirts that fit him well, tailor his suits / pants, buy a decent pair of shoes, and make sure his clothes are clean when he comes into the office.
>>
>>11260011
>Those shoes
>>
>>11263382
sure if you don't feel like standing out in any way or feeling like you're wearing the suit and not the other way around

don't forget to ditch any suit colors other than navy and charcoal from your closet and rent a notch lapel tuxedo with two buttons, pocket flaps, and a center vent the next time a corporate function calls for it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.