[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the action plan to go from middle class to higher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: can't wake up.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1504) Image search: [Google]
can't wake up.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1504
What's the action plan to go from middle class to higher middle and upper class?

How do I have to dress and where?

Is there something I strictly have to avoid?
>>
>>11257541

Educate yourself at a prestigious university, get a white collar job at an illustrious firm and marry above your class.
>>
>>11257541
>What's the action plan to go from middle class to higher middle and upper class?
why would you want to do this?
>>
File: 1462062178141.png (157 KB, 819x590) Image search: [Google]
1462062178141.png
157 KB, 819x590
>>
>>11257541
Become very talented at having no empathy for your fellow humans.

Having been a part of 'high society' circles until I was about 20 (born into it, realised it was a toxic community to be a part of), I can confidently say that the truly successful people who have risen from lowly beginnings tend to display characteristics which are not dissimilar to sociopaths.

The willingness to cause others loss and distress in order to achieve maximum personal gain needs to be very strong, and most people don't have it.

The movie/book 'Wolf of Wall Street' displayed this quite well. The main character is an egotistical maniac who revels in crushing and getting one over on people. He is successful simply because he has no inhibitions about doing so
>>
File: clas.png (161 KB, 722x427) Image search: [Google]
clas.png
161 KB, 722x427
>>11257546
Technically... I'm from central Europe and now that you hear about people being killed every other week, I feel like I'll stick to tinder fuck buddies and not put children into this world.
I'm having an existential crisis and the upper class seems more comfortable. (On the other hand, I'm of the conviction that possessing material wealth is stressful, being a pool student with enough to eat was most comfy. Anyway)

>>11257544
I have my PhD and good prospects. Marrying up is a good plan, but hard as a man, and well ... to get a rich woman to marry me is ... that's exactly why I care for dressing.

>>11257554
I read pic related - sounds similar to what you posted, is it related
>>
>>11257554
That is such a retarded chart.
>>
>>11257567
>I'm having an existential crisis and the upper class seems more comfortable
does it really? maintaining a status seems really stressful
>>
File: 1444173912124.jpg (70 KB, 442x432) Image search: [Google]
1444173912124.jpg
70 KB, 442x432
>>11257576
That's the money managing aspect that I don't like.
The main point is that you have enough back-up to use your time for what you like. The question how to not waste time getting there, and being there, is what needs to be balanced. I finished my PhD and do a 20h job at a research institute now. I feel like I can take a good amount of time and do the /lit/ and /fit/ live. In addition, I feel like not closing doors for me by superficial faux pas of dressing sloppily. Thus I ask.

>>11257554
Well, after comparing with the book again, that chart is somewhat biased towards the poor people. That class book was pointing out how lower class likes to have stickers on their jacket etc., claiming it's also to belong to something (bigger). Not really a sign of individuality.
>>
>>11257568
someone didn't read bourdieu
it's not perfect but it's far from retarded
>>
>>11257636
>bourdieu
What book?
>>
>>11258067
the distinction
there may be more but i forgot the name
just look up what he wrote on meritoracy and symbolic violence

Also check out Monique Pinçon-charlot on bourgeoisie.
>>
>>11257541
"dressing up to be upper middle class"

lmao i was like lmao.

here in america there are a shit ton of people who are upper middle class but dress like they are your average joe.

dressing up is for try hards.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.