[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Formalwear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
How the fuck do you tuck in shirts correctly? Should I size up in pants? Should I size up in shirts? Slim fit, regular fit, relaxed fit? How to military tuck correctly?

I look like a thick-hipped retard when I tuck my shirts in, it sticks out far too much.

Also general formalwear thread I guess
>>
>>11256111
Shirt tails for tucking in should be somewhere between the base and tip of your thumb. Low rise pants make tucking in look like shit. Natural waist or high waisted pants look good tucked because they fix your proportions so 1/3 of your body is torso and 2/3 is leg. Low rise splits you in half and is only good if you like seeing butts when people sit down. On 90% of the population (remaining 10% being good looking women), this is not a good thing.
>>
>>11256111
The key is wearing trousers with braces. Trousers cut to fit with bracers will be (slightly, you don't want a clown-pants fit) looser in the waist, which means the shirt will fall more easily into them and stay put instead of riding up.

Personally I also prefer a darted slim cut of the shirt rather than the fuller classic cut.
>>
>>11256111
The trick is to make sure your pants are high rise. I wear regular fit shirt and they stick out when I wear anything below mid rise. That doesn't happen when I wear my high rise.
>>
F U L L
U
L
L

R I C K
I
C
K
>>
>>11256111
your best bet is to take your shirts to a tailor or a clothing alterations place. tucking a shirt shouldn't be complicated, if it's loose around the waist then it won't look good regardless of how you tuck it.
>>
How long should a blazer for casual wear be? I'm talking sleeve wise.

I've been getting conflicting views about the arm length

I bought a blazer online that has a sleeve at the length he has it, is it too long? I plan to wear t-shirts under it for now so isn't it normal it's longer now when not over an actual shirt and undergarnent?

It's related to clothes wearing you or you wearing clothes, need to be comfortable

Thanks
>>
File: zooom_150709_TKMN_ON_90659.jpg (175 KB, 1240x1736) Image search: [Google]
zooom_150709_TKMN_ON_90659.jpg
175 KB, 1240x1736
Bought pic related. What shirt, tie and pocket square should I wear with it at casual/semi-casual occasions?
>>
>>11257609
please don't wear sneakers with a suit. there are so many better options.

just go with a tie and pocket square with a fun pattern and vibrant colour. dark = formal
>>
>>11257643
Yeah I know, I got some dark brown brogues to wear with it.

The problem is that I can't come up with anything at all since I have no interest formalwear.
>>
>>11257609
Where to get?
>>
>>11257658
Acne Studios Jared J Wool. I don't know if that particular color is still in stock.
>>
>>11257609

>numale: the suit
>>
File: 67.jpg (26 KB, 457x270) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
26 KB, 457x270
>>11257609
>white shirt
>white pocket square
>navy grenadine tie
>>
File: lelnumel.png (49 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
lelnumel.png
49 KB, 250x250
>>11257691
what are you even trying to imply you mouth breathing retard
>>
>>11257691

wtf are you saying

all these meaningless insults like "cuck" and "nu-male" are the death of this website, but at least are an easy way to know that a post contains no actual content or value
>>
>>11258293

Fucking amen.
>>
>>11258293
don't forget fedoracore
>>
>>11257609
To make a navy suit more casual, try

walnut shoes and belt (top suggestion)
loafers, if that's acceptable in your region
casual ties like gingham or linen
No tie at all
A scarf when it's cold. Plain grey/blue/black scarves are formal but a more colorful, patterned one will make things casual
>>
>>11258293
I disagree. I think they criticize people for following what is currently popular, which is a stupid thing to criticize people for, but at the same time force the people on /fa/ to deviate from the same boring style. Think about it, we stopped wearing workwear before reddit because there would be 10 replies to a fit saying "dadcore", and it's the same thing with "cuckcore"
>>
>>11260356
yeah except dadcore describes the workwear/business casual/prep style and "cuckcore" describes whatever the person happens to dislike
>>
>>11260380
Pretty much. I was in the ninja vs dadcore flamewars of 2012. It was terrible. desu idgaf about what others like, I do my thing and thats what matters.
>>
>All of these formal trousers with no break

Disgusting
>>
why are breaks even a thing aside from tradition and being conservative? having your trousers fall at the exact length for a clean appearance looks better to me
>>
>>11260380
I think that people just hate on whatever is popular here no matter what because 4chan is a board for contrarians

>>11260390
I agree, doing your own thing is the most important
>>
>>11260401
That's because you're 16 and follow trends blindly.

If you have no break at all in formal wear when you sit down the trousers get pulled up too high, which makes it look retarded as fuck in professional environments. It just looks like you're wearing trousers that are too small for you. You don't need a full break, but a slight break so that you aren't really flashing your shins at people when sitting down is much better.
>>
>>11260412
lmao triggered as fuck
don't speak about things you have no clue of, 'cause you clearly have never worn pants without break before if you think sitting down pulls it up considerably more than when you have break
>>
File: 1460312466238.png (191 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1460312466238.png
191 KB, 500x364
>>11260380
Not really, you just need to lurk more

>>11258293
>all these meaningless insults like "cuck" and "nu-male"
buzzword is the buzzword you're looking for, and buzzwords have been a thing forever and will never stop being one. They serve a purpose, follow chesterton's fence, newfag.

Pretty sure the poster was referencing 1. the sneakers with suit & 2. the Acne label, both symptoms of being dressed by the internet and a redditor kind of mentality to try to 'dress up, but casually' to be 'more adult' without committing + falling for mindless mid-fashion brand hype.
>>
>>11260434
lurk more? i've been here before you started high school. more like you need to grow the fuck up since you think calling people cuck and numale is acceptable behavior lol
>>
File: issey-miyake_ss-1984-2.jpg (144 KB, 450x397) Image search: [Google]
issey-miyake_ss-1984-2.jpg
144 KB, 450x397
>>11260437
>i've been here before you started high school.
uh me too familia

>since you think calling people cuck and numale is acceptable behavior lol
since when has anything other than shit like attentionwhoring been "unacceptable" here? and I don't see how it's any different than calling someone a shill or a gaiafag or a goon. it's just an insult and a joke and it's not nearly as vague as you'd like to think.

numale especially is extremely specific in its stereotyping which is why it's so funny how it still manages to describe so many individuals.

i think you're just triggered because it's politically charged. what are you some kind of nigger lover?
>>
>>11260423
Anon, you're clinically retarded if you're trying to argue that trousers with no break won't pull up further than trousers with break.
>>
>>11260489
try reading it again, retard
lmao
>>
>>11260492
>if you think sitting down pulls it up considerably more than when you have break
>no break won't pull up further than trousers with break.

That's ok cucklet, keep trying, you'll get there one of these days.
>>
>>11260514
try looking up "considerably", i know english can hard for a numale cuck from the third world like yourself :^)
>>
>>11260517
Considerably changes from situation to situation, in this situation having your shin flashing in a professional setting compared to having your ankles showing is a huge difference.
>>
>>11257328
Don't do the t-shirt and blazer thing, it ruins the jacket, at the neck and cuff (and looks juvenile, but that's not as bad).
Get some button downs before the blazer. A proper fit should feel as comfy as a t-shirt, and look much better.
>>
>>11260328
Those shoes are too light, they don't fit the look at all. With navy you want black, burgundy or dark brown shoes.
>>
>>11260724
Nigga walnut with navy looks rad as hell as a casual suit. It's not going to look right in a business or formal setting of course.
>>
>>11260404
>I think that people just hate on whatever is popular here no matter what because 4chan is a board for contrarians

This
>>
>>11260727
Navy blue is the most formal of business suits. You can't really casual it down by changing the shoes.

It just looks off, not more casual, imo.

What you can do is wear khaki chino's or grey trousers with the blazer.
>>
>>11260328
>>11257708
I think I'm going with the white shirt, pocket square and navy tie idea. Would a white silk pocket square and knit navy tie look good?
>>
>>11257609
please to not button it all the way up if you're not wearing a tie
>>
>>11261081
white linen is the traditional white pocket square but really white silk is more than fine, tie sounds good also consider a grenadine or a black knit if you wanna stick with a knit tie.
>>
>>11261165
It says in the post you replied to that I'm looking for a tie are you blind m8
Also that's a stock photo
>>
>>11261081
also if your the dude who waa chastised for sneakers it can look perfectly fine and just depends on what you work in, in a design field I see tons of people in a sober suit with clean sneakers (granted usually luxury sneakers).
>>
>>11256111
True shirts have a «hole» and true pants a «button», this exist only to tuck in shirts. And, by the way, it's a littre lose around the waist.
>>
>>11260401
No break is a classic feature of Italian tailoring, which (like you, I guess) typically goes for the sharp clean lines. Nothing weird about that. Anglo tailoring usually goes for a more laid-back look instead, intended to make you look comfortable in your suit like you wear it all the time. (There's a risk of really sharp Italian cuts making you look a bit tryhard, essentially. )
>>
File: image4xxxxl.jpg (136 KB, 870x1110) Image search: [Google]
image4xxxxl.jpg
136 KB, 870x1110
Would this tie look good with a navy suit, white shirt and white pocket square?
>>
>>11260724
Agreed. I hate this tone of brown on shoes.
>>
>>11261252
Yes, but don't get too creative with the way you're gonna fold your pocket square.
>>
>>11260400
I like having no break with wide leg trousers because the wider opening means it can be hemmed way lower and cover more of the shoe. The lines suddenly become incredibly clean and straight. 20" circumference is my sweet spot.
>>
>>11260727
Walnut and blue looks rad. Navy is a really dark color and the contrast is too stark.
>>
>>11257609
Can't go wrong with pic related
>>
>>11260742
>>11260404
>you're just contrarian!
mantra of the tasteless and insecure
>>
>>11263783
are you actually retarded or just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>11263820
>denial
>>
Store bought shirts are cut wide to fit everybody within the collar size. Since they're wide around the hips, they tend to bulge when folded and have extra material.

If you are tucking in shirts and the shirt doesn't already fit you like a glove, take it to a tailor or have the dry cleaner make alterations.

The shirt should be tight against your frame. Once it's properly tailored, it will tuck nicely and shouldn't come untucked easily.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.