[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's /fa opinion on yeezy's? i think looks wise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
what's /fa opinion on yeezy's?

i think looks wise they are pretty good, but played out by poor people that want others to think they have money

some what like louboutins but on steroids.

would bunch rather spend the money on rick owens or a down payment on carol christian poell's
>>
>>11248766
just another hypebeast streetwear trend

for the price a legit pair goes for you could buy a beautiful pair of handmade shoes
>>
750s look good
350s look shit
>>
>>11248766
Probably some of the most underwhelming stuff adidas has pulled off. His own brand looks even worse.
>>
File: y z y s z n.jpg (63 KB, 1110x740) Image search: [Google]
y z y s z n.jpg
63 KB, 1110x740
The 350s have an interesting silhouette, recognizability, and are from what I've heard very comfortable.

The tans are particularly nice.

Overall I would say a good shoe- retail price @ 200 isn't that bad for them.
>>
>>11248766
I hear they're comfortable, but as you said, they're pretty much for people to say 'look at how much money I have' or for people to pretend they have money. If you really have to spend the resale values these attract on a pair of fashion trainers, there are many better options, they'd also be arguably made of superior materials and have better craftsmanship.

The only real advantage to these is that you can buy for £600, wear for a while until they get a bit grubby, and some hypebeast would give you £400 in a heartbeat. They don't really depreciate terribly (unlike most items of clothing)
>>
Moonrock and Pirate Black are the only colorways that are worth owning. Paying more than 200 on them is stupid as shit.

They're a great shoe and honestly one of my favorite sneakers designs of all time. They're minimalist without being boring. I also really dig the futuristic industrial aesthetic.

I will say this though- these shoes are absolutely fucked by their association with Kanye. They are in no way worth 1000 dollars. That price is all because fuckboys clamoring for them artificially raising the demand for them. I honestly don't even think Kanye had much to do with their design, I'd imagine his involvement is similar to the amount of involvement Jeff Koons has in a "Jeff Koons" "sculpture" (giving vague instructions to a team of real designers on how he wants the finished piece to ~feel~ or whatever).

I really wish this would have just been adidas working with whatever designer at Donda really had the most to do with this and releasing them without the yeezy brand anywhere on it. They'd still be a popular shoe but without the absurd amount of hype they have now.
>>
>>11248788
Agreed, but anyone who pays resale value is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>11248766
I think they look fucking atrocious and I can't fathom why they're so desirable.
>>
i like the 350s but i dont think they will ever get /fa/'s approval. kanyes past footwear was directed for hypebeast so thats the only real audience you see wearing the new yeezys now, which leads to really stupid looking streetwear outfits, which lower peoples appreciation for them. also they look very similar to a popular cheap running shoe.
>>
File: 1445111878098.jpg (129 KB, 780x521) Image search: [Google]
1445111878098.jpg
129 KB, 780x521
950s or bust
>>
>>11249697
I have never seen these in any fit pic (outside the yeezy runway). how would u actually wear these irl?
>>
I like the look of these and also the fact that the whole shoe has the flexible material. My feet are really particular about comfort and these look like they have wiggle room.

The only downside is that these are associate with Kanye and are quite popular.

Should I cop? I would be getting high quality fakes because I am in china, in the same city that most of the factories that make the real ones are located.
>>
>>11248806
>minimalist
>futuristic
>industrial
please stop spewing out buzzwords you don't know the meaning of
>>
File: highfashion.jpg (119 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
highfashion.jpg
119 KB, 396x594
>>11249743
I saw some "narco" wearing these at the mall once. Shit was bad. Real bad.
>pic related
>>
>>11249848
is that the weekend
>>
>>11248766
I like 750s but resale is too fucked to make it worth it.
>>
>>11250145
There are really good fucking replicas out there. I have a pair, a fairly cheap pair of replicas to be honest. a really nice pair of replicas will run you 350-400 dollars, and will probably be more comfortable. I just put insoles in mine and the problem was solved. But they look pretty spot on.
>>
>>11249803
sure they are buzzwords, but they are quite accurate.
>>
>>11250265
He doesnt agree so theyre just buzzwords regardless of how good a point is made.
>>
>>11250265
>>11250293
The shoes aren't minimalist or industrial at all, futuristic maybe a bit but you should go learn what these things mean before you go using them if you don't want to come off as a 14 year old who learnt some big new words at school
>>
low quality sneakers that go for way, way too much
they're for reselling, not for wearing
>>
>>11249338
this
>>
they're fucking roshes
>>
Are yeezys made in china? For their price i'd expect them not to be made by children fueled by canine
>>
I bought solid black fake yeezys.
>>
>>11248766
weak shit

i'll still wear my af1 lows when yeezys will be uncool to wear, if it's not already

also too many fakes
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 252x200
Without Kanye's hype, no one would know/care despite 10/10 comfort+cool silhouette

>wearing qasas out and about
>random girl asks me 'are those yeezys?
>mfw
>>
>>11249803
right ok lad so here's a few reasons why you're dumb as shit:
1) i'm an industrial designer, so i mean i feel like I would know what these words mean seeing as they come up pretty often in the field
2) lets say i wasn't an industrial designer, and was just a layman. I would still know what these words meant just by nature of their being incredibly simple & basic English vocabulary
3) "buzzwords", like that isn't an absolutely meaningless complaint
4) still using greentext in 2016

>>11250366
how are they not minimalist? there are a total of two separate components to the shoe: sole and upper, which is itself a single unit lacking a tongue. If anyone needs to learn the meaning of the word minimalist, it's you. Minimalist doesn't mean "all white", it means condensing a design so there's no extra pieces that don't belong.

How are they not industrial? exposed stitching, the red-stripe pull tab, and the vertical ribbing on the sole are all industrial.

basically you're dumb as fuck and you strike me as the type of person who gets flustered when people use the "Big Words" they learned in 6th grade while u were too busy jerking off in class through your pocket.
>>
>>11249743

L U N A R C O R E
U
N
A
R
C
O
R
E
>>
Roshe/pure boosts for people who think theyre too cool for roshes/pure boosts or want to look like they have money
>>
>>11251702
boii the roast tho
>>
I think they look bad and are sold for way too much money but hey, to each his or her own
>>
File: 1458806549169.jpg (28 KB, 479x604) Image search: [Google]
1458806549169.jpg
28 KB, 479x604
>>11251702
Gahd damn you didn't have to roast him that hard
>>
>>11248806
>I'd imagine his involvement is similar to the amount of involvement Jeff Koons has in a "Jeff Koons" "sculpture"
I actually found an article about a guy who is credited with "heavy involvement with the design of the 350's" but I can't find his name any more. The cheap $75 fakes are very good these days and the $175 or so ones are pretty much indistinguishable. They are absolutely worth $75 they're neat looking in PB/MR, ridiculously comfortable and surprisingly durable. The $75 run at least one full size large. I bought UK8 instead of my regular 9 and would probably trade for 7.5 if asked.
>>
>>11251594
She wanted to know if you had guap playboy and you failed, instead of taking advantage and straight up lying to her to impress a girl for once and not techwear fags you could've had a chance anon
>>
>>11249848
top notch shop EXCElleNT
>>
>>11248766
I own an authentic pair. although they're genuinely very comfortable shoes (I would say even more so than ultra boosts) they're maybe worth a $150-180 price tag , $200 is a lot to ask for them judging straight up on the quality of the shoe and is only justified because (as you obviously know) market price on these is through the fuckin roof. #1 hype item to own purely because of demand and not quality.

whenever I have them on I get a ton of attention and looks and admiration and fake-related questions and snide comments, mostly from dumb high school and college age kids. it's absolutely exhausting and I wear my pair very rarely because I usually don't feel like discussing them with anyone.

the worst part about these shoes are that the painted bottom sole starts wearing out almost immediately, these are a miserable 1/10 in durability with no way to protect or combat this. I think the new 550 design has a beefier outsole so we'll see.

>pay retail
yeah sure why not if you have the chance to grab em for retail with the intention of wearing them you'll probably like them, just a comfy primeknit sock shoe and if you don't like em you'll make money off them
>considering paying resell
almost everyone that has paid resell for a pair lives on Instagram and deep inside is probably extremely ashamed of the product they paid so much for just to flex with
>>
>>11248766
Honestly just buy fakes that are decent quality for $75 and flex em like thy're real, pretty hard to tell fakes on feet.
Pretty sure OP's picrelated is fake too.
>>
>>11253956
pirate blacks don't have a painted sole.
>>
File: 950.jpg (177 KB, 1009x689) Image search: [Google]
950.jpg
177 KB, 1009x689
>>11249743
>>
I wear my 950s nearly daily, mostly with rrl and some silent. I like yeezy and I wish season 2 had dropped on time.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.