[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is clothing that was once the norm e.g. suits, shirts, sports
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1943.png (2 MB, 1920x790) Image search: [Google]
1943.png
2 MB, 1920x790
Why is clothing that was once the norm e.g. suits, shirts, sports jackets, oxfords now so expensive?
How come our grandparents could afford such things back then, meanwhile a standard plain white shirt costs up to $100-200?
Why have people decided that wearing a t-shirt is acceptable?
>>
Inflation

Blame the liberals
>>
File: 1449692841213.png (3 MB, 1308x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449692841213.png
3 MB, 1308x1024
>>11228475
Millenials like fast and cheap, wear-once trendy clothes. Their boomer parents who were likely degenerate counterculture hippies did not teach them how to dress and behave properly. The result is what you see today.
>>
once the norm. no longer the norm. because not as many people wearing produced less. prices go up accordingly.
economics I guess. also they used to wear like one outfit their whole life. I bet your grandparents stunk like shit, in their one rag.
>>
>>11228475
hope ur trolling fag
>>
>>11228545
>also they used to wear like one outfit their whole life
where did you get this idea from you fucking dumbass lmao
>>
They owned less clothes. Most people these days have 20+ shirts. Back in the day they'd have two that would get washed each day (by the stay at home mother usually)
>>
>>11228475
they're not anon.
you can spend $500 and get a nice suit, or you can spend $10000 and get a Brioni suit like Donald Trump. Price is relative, and you're looking in the mid-high range of pricing rather than the mid-low range where entry-level people like you should be looking (no offense).

Plain BHB shirt, $90: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/boss-hugo-boss-classic-shirt-item-11170907.aspx

That's more than fine for any suit you're going to wear it with.

Plain Wool BHB Suit: http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/boss-hugo-boss--huge-genius-two-piece-single-breasted-suit-item-11392028.aspx

Pair those two together with a silk tie and you'll look great.
>>
>>11228475

Because they had 1 or 2 tops and wore the shit out of them. Also, most were handmade by someone in the family who had the skills and handed down.
>>
>>11228475
because they didn't have $3000 sneaker collections

buying classic well made clothing is a long term investment that only pays off if you stick with it for life
>>
>>11229021
>black and white
if you are planning to visit a funeral, maybe
>>
>>11228491

So basically you're saying the people on the left are responsible for the people on the right?
>>
File: 1457227397277.jpg (58 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1457227397277.jpg
58 KB, 480x640
>>11229083
>>
>>11228475
Except I'm not sure all our grandparents could afford such things.

I doubt mine would have owned more than two changes of clothes in their youth.
>>
>>11228475
My grandparents and many other in the UK couldn't afford to own their own houses you delusional twit.
Things like clothes for formal occasions were hired at best. It was a sign of middleclass prestige to have your own nice clothes.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.