[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My new warm yellow Kanken just arrived. Looks like something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
File: Kanken_8.jpg (293 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
Kanken_8.jpg
293 KB, 640x426
My new warm yellow Kanken just arrived. Looks like something you'd buy at Goodwill for 5 bucks, I bought it for nearly 100. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm all into bumcore, but I want to know youse guys opinion on this. Did I fall for the meme or is this actually a cool backpack?

Also backpack general I guess?

>Pic not OC, just liked the settings a lot.
>>
>>11199866
wouldnt pay like more then 15 for it
>>
looks like shit, why would you do this
>>
>>11199870
It's built to last and pretty durable, so the price is understandable, but it looks pretty Goodwill tier. I'm just trying to figure out whether that's the point or if I got memed out by all the obnoxious hipsters in my neighborhood who wear it as well.
>>
>>11199866
>Did I fall for the meme or is this actually a cool backpack?
If it doesn't bother that art major fags and teens are into it now. Also playing 100$ for bumcore...
>>
>>11199873
It comes with a lifetime warranty tho. I can just jizz on it, send it back and claim my shekels
>>
>>11199884
I'm a teen, actually. Most of my fashion conscious (as in not wearing dad jeans and dirty Asics sneakers) high-school classmates either wear Herschel backpacks or generic shit from Age and Emme. The only place in my town where I've seen people with Kankens is the hipster district where I live as well
>>
>>11199866
this picture is disgusting, the plants are nice tho
>>
Pic related is OC. Looks even goodwiller in this pic. Apparently it's supposed to be wrinkled like that as well
>>
i got mine in sand about 4 years ago and sold it about 2 months ago because it got meme status and everyone has it now. looking for a new backpack.
>>
>>11199913
>The only place in my town where I've seen people with Kankens is the hipster district where I live as well
Pretty much my point, i saw them selling them in a van store here in california.
>>
>>11199952
Fortunately my town is a shithole (Dual Czech/American citizen living in the shittier of the two), so all the fresh memes arrive here when they're already stale in the US. I've heard that the Kanken is the new hot normie bag in the US (also heard that about the classic Stan Smiths, anyone can confirm?), mostly among college kids (especially Asians for some reason?).

I give it like 3 years before it becomes stale here.
>>
>>11199866
Also how are these bum-core? They're so clean and childish looking.
>>
>>11199950
>this amazed by kanken
>keeps calling it "goodwill" core
fuck you're so new but it's kind of cute. they're extremely overplayed but highschool is all about signalling tribal affiliations, not styling, anyway. wearing kanken is basically wearing a choker and black lipstick fyi.
>>
>>11199978
No idea, didn't even know bumcore was an actual meme, I made it up. It looks like something DeMarco would wear though and he's pretty much the definition of bumcore if that's an actual thing.

Also yes, they were originally designed as bags for Swedish schoolchildren back in the 70s.
>>
>>11199993
I don't live in the US atm so these are still a pretty fresh meme here. I imagine I would get used to them if I lived at a NYU campus or something.
>>
>>11200011
STOP REPEATING YOURSELF
>>
this thread is fucking embarrassing lmao
>>
>>11200020
It's true tho. Wearing Hollister clothing is still a thing here. That's how bad it is.
>>
>>11200037
post feet, young girl
>>
>>11199866
>I'm all into bumcore
>I bought it for nearly 100

You're the type of faggot that spend 2 hours in front of the mirror to look messy, right?
>>
>>11200042
You like?
>>
>>11200050
Memes aside, yes.
>>
>>11200042
Better angle
>>
File: tumblr_o51s8xTphl1shjnqco1_400.gif (2 MB, 268x392) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o51s8xTphl1shjnqco1_400.gif
2 MB, 268x392
>>11200061
>>11200069
lmfao
>>
>bum core

it's fob-core desu

chinese bitches don't know originality
>>
>>11200120
I've always found 4chan's obsession with asian girls pretty autistic. I guess it's acceptable if you're into vaporwave but that's pretty much it
>>
cool backpack mate but i would would throw some patches on there, and change the socks :)
>>
>>11200127
you realize this site is a weeb forum right?
>>
>>11200141
Pic not OC., just liked the vibe. Will post a fit including the backpack tomorrow (read: In 5 hours because it's 1:30 AM here) if the thread is still alive
>>
>>11200153
Yeah, but I thought /fa/ would be free of that shit. Anime is an autistic thing assuming you're a non-Asian male and autists usually don't care about how they look.
>>
>>11200061
Holy fuck how fat are you??
>>
>>11200127

>into vaporwave
>acceptable
>>
>>11200169
Japanese designers are important to contemporary fashion. CDG's Dover Street Market, for example, is still a strong trendsetter with youth of our taste and class engaged in fashion.

Koreans as a people are also relatively very fashionable, despite how imitative their creative ouput is or shallowly commercial/look obssessed they are as a culture, the average person is Seoul is far better than dressed than any other city excepting maybe Paris (if you don't count the migrants). Their street style also tends to align with the normcore/refined basics trend that is more common here than on most other fashion forums, which makes sense, it being kind of anonymous in nature.

also if you look at the other major fashion forums on the internet, they tend to be very much devoted to japanese designers - superfuture, styleforum etc. I never really lurked there but I think it might be in part that they realized archival steals were easily had on yahoo jp/rakuten in comparison to the markups and poor conditions found for designer items on ebay. or maybe it's just japan's importance in contemporary streetwear.

also most american white girls dress like dog shit and can barely take care of themselves. it's fucking embarassing. korean's are plastic but at least their women (and the upper class chinese) devote time and energy into their style and makeup, as well as feminine mannerisms, as women are supposed to do
>>
OP is so autistic jfc. i cant stand reading your posts. what are you? 16?
>>
>>11200207
Not at all, just pulled my jeans up to the point where my leg was showing. Guess that's what made it look that big.

Pic related for reference. I don't exercise at all but I'm fairly slim
>>
>>11200221
I haven't said a word about japanese/korean fashion. I mentioned the fact that this website is full of people who idolize asian women solely based on their experience watching japanese cartoons. For some reason, 4chan seems to think japanese women are obedient slave-like creatures. I doubt that this has much to do with fashion.

> youth of our taste and class
> feminine mannerisms, as women are supposed to do
*tips*
>>
What Nbs are those
>>
>>11200280
OP here, no idea but would like to ask for w2c as well.
>>
>>11200267
>not knowing the non-internet meaning of taste and class
*tips back*
>>
>>11200127
>like asians
>lumpped with vaporware
>>11200169
>Anime being not autistic if you're asian?

>Yeah, but I thought /fa/ would be free of that shit.
no, g2reddit.
>>
>>11200267
>*tips*
kys
>>
>>11200290
>>11200293
>>11200296
you need to step your samefagging game up.
>>
>>11200267
It sounds like you're projecting or just trying to find a problem where there isn't any.

did you make that same post whining about it in the ideal gf thread? The only thing that would reveal that orientalization would be waifufags, which aren't on /fa/. otherwise I don't see where you get the idea that anyone here is idolizing them for a perceived submissiveness, and not their fashion and physical attractiveness.

Most well known asian models, in any case, are western born
>>
>>11199866
You're on fucking "/fa/ - fashion", literally meaning "valuable because people think it's cool" and you bought something people think is cool. What exactly were you expecting?
>>
>>11200302
I'm all of those except >>11200290 i'm not replying to the same person twice. You don't have to believe me.
>>
>>11200318
I dont think it looks cool. It was cool once, because cool people wore it because it looks good, well made and chic. Because a few cool people wore it, many sort-of-cool people started wearing it to be cool by association, and then a ton of uncool people wore it to be sort-of-cool by association. So now it's just uncool by association.
>>
>>11200357
That process is called "fashion".
>>
>>11200363
so it's not /fa/
>>
looks like something I could get at chinatown
>>
>>11199866
mine gave up after 2 years of carrying heavy ass textbooks on the bottom right seam between the laces and the actual backpack.
I thought it would be more durable than this
>>
In Scandinavia this has always been the backpack of choice for tumblr feminists and nu male cucks.
>>
>>11201855
lol no
in scandinavia they've been trendy among normie semi-fashionable high schoolers for about forever, they have nothing to do with tumblr feminists or whatever
>>
>>11201790
i carried a macbook in mine every day for like 4 years and it's almost like new

what did you do
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 359x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 359x1136
Pic related
>>
>>11201900
>macbook
>multiple textbooks
>being of comparable weight and stress on the bag
>>
would debranding my graphite kanken just make me look like a tryhard faggot?
>>
>>11202231
>bringing textbooks to class

l i t e r a l l y h i g h s c h o o l
>>
>>11203490
what are you on about?
you should always bring your texts to college classes
>>
>>11203506
why? you should have read whatever reading was assigned before class. I get bringing a novel sized book if you'll discuss it in class or whatever, but no way do you need multiple textbooks in class unless your high school teacher tells you to
>>
>>11203506
Nah dude, that shit is for home

If you can't keep up in college without reading along rather than just listening as you take notes

There is a good chance you're not going to graduate
>>
I worked at a Fjall Raven distribution center a very very long time ago. The Kanken backpack was already there at the time. Im talking about 14 years ago. At this time nobody gave a fuck about the brand Fjall Raven except outdoors people.

tldr: fuck hipsters
>>
>>11203513
well no shit, within reason.

i agree with >>11203512
>>
>>11201899
He's right, they have always been the backpack of choice for leftist leaning girls and "nu male cucks". they have everything to do with tumblr feminists, but yeah sure, alot of scandinavian semi fashionable people are also tumblr feminists
>>
I would never wear that bag because I literally thought it was a girl brand. I have only seen women wear those things.
>>
>>11203490
They where pretty heavy biology, biochem and anatomy books, I prefer studying at the library so thats why I have them with me
>>
>>11200235
>skinnyfat
"fairly slim"
>>
>2012+4
>getting one of those

get one of these
>>
>>11202193
good style. you listen to felicita? the only good one from the pc music camp. he's rocks similar pop colors, nice and baggy sweaters. very cute, effay af
>>
In Amsterdam this has been a meme-bag for at least 5 years now. Maybe even longer, but I don't know.
>>
>>11203870
I wore it to school yesterday and the only person to make a comment on it was this fat lesbian girl who keeps spamming our class chat with links to her tumblr posts.
>>
>>11205267
I live in Czech Republic so the memes are pretty delayed here. Leggings + Air Max are still a thing.
>>
>>11199866
This is a mistake. You can get shit as aesthetically pleasing as that off Amazon for $5, which I say having done so myself recently. The whole "muh superior workmanship" argument people use with clothes goes out the window for this too, because it's clearly no better than anything else.
>>
I live in northern Ger and i remember these were hyped by teen grills about 10 years ago and they are still around and i'm sure they have been before.

They are practical, easy, friendly, rugged and have this reliable northern /out/-ish appeal and that's why they will be around for forever
>>
those were the shit for normies in Denmark like 5 years ago. you chose the fucking ugliest color available
>>
>>11205640
>>11205732
you're right, it's probably more like 10 years ago here as well
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.