[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you ever intimated by a person because you find their look
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 85_C_ftw.jpg (117 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
85_C_ftw.jpg
117 KB, 800x1200
Are you ever intimated by a person because you find their look (clothing) so appealing?

I can't quite capture my meaning in words.
>>
thats like the entire point of clothing

be that person
>>
>>11195810
well yeah
>>
File: prett.jpg (318 KB, 695x980) Image search: [Google]
prett.jpg
318 KB, 695x980
>>11195817
How can it be the "entire point" if so many (most?) people don't even recognize a different.
While I certainly don't count myself to the people with a good eye, I think I know many who wouldn't feel anything from it - not realize or rationalize it.
>>
>>11195810

actually its the exact opposite with me,

I know that if I see someone with some really sick gear on I automatically know he is autistic(if you are that fly you obsess about how you look and probably have a mental problem).

pic related if i see you with these on I literally have no fear of talking to you
>>
>>11195936
its funny how insecure people make posts like this
>>
>>11195810
There was a frat at my college where guys dressed pretty nxt lvl and it was kinda intimidating, like a weird mix of prep and New York grayscale.
>>
>>11195955

Autistic may not be the correct label to put on the hypothetical people he's describing, but I can certainly relate.

The highest status guy in the room is never the one putting the most effort into his clothing choices.

Kind of like how warren buffet doesn't have to drive an exotic car. It's counter-signaling.

Some people just dress in a way that overtly shows a huge amount of self-consciousness (but not necessarily insecure)
>>
>>11195994
How do you tell though?

Lots of people put in a lot of effort to look like they didn't put in a lot effort.
>>
>>11196002
I think people just have different personalities. Warren Buffett rides around in a hail-damaged Lincoln because he doesn't care about cars and gets driven everywhere he goes anyway for the same reason. However, I know men who became top 0.01% rich on Wall Street who drive expensive cars because they kinda enjoy doing so.

Some people get a kick out of looking nice, while others get a kick out of comfy. One of those Wall Street guy wears nothing but Nike gym clothes (not the fancy hip hop stuff) and another is rarely seen without an Hermes tie. They've both made more money on single deals than the average /fa/ user will make in their lives, so I wouldn't call one low status because he likes clothes.
>>
>>11195810
it's called envy
>>
>>11196147
No, I was mostly thinking of a cool and 'sexy due to her stile/implied attitude' girl 5 years my junior
that I just passed 30 minutes before I posted it.
>>
>>11195810
Yeah, I'm a senior and there's a dude in my grade who I just see as competition. He's actually really chill but for some reason I imagine him as my rival
>>
>>11195826
Is this Rachel McAdams or some model that looks like her
>>
you mean intimidated?
>>
yeah OP. clothing is a huge projection of your personality.

its legit probably the #1 thing i find attractive about women. average looking women who have their hair, make up and clothing done in a certain way can make them an instead 10 to me.
>>
>>11197099
There's something to this. Being well dressed and groomed indicates both decent social status and upbringing plus self-awareness and taste. Mate selection is a lot about taste anyway.
>>
>>11197109
>Being well dressed and groomed indicates both decent social status and upbringing plus self-awareness and taste. Mate selection is a lot about taste anyway.
couldn't have put it better myself. and on the other side, a really pretty girl who dresses in a way i don't like will become almost instantly unattractive to me.

hairstyle is a huge thing for me
>>
>>11196818
Wat school is dis? Cali?
>>
>>11195955
This guy has a point though >>11195936
if it looks like you spent way too much time and effort making an awesome fit compared to the people you interact with then it makes you not relate-able.

It really depends on what you goals are. It is usually good to standout, but you don't want to be despised or envied because of how /fa/ you are.

Let's say at your office job, you don't want to stick out way to much and out dress your bosses and everyone else. You still have some room to play around and stand out, just not too extreme.

If you are an artist, or someone independent then it may be to your advantage to stand out even more. As it will grab people's attention and lure them in to your work.

This contrasts with working in a group setting, where you are interacting with roughly the same people every day.
>>
>>11196836
faceblind detected
>>
>>11197191
fuck, I feel I have that too.

For some reason it is harder with women. Is that because women's features are less exaggerated?
>>
>>11197124
> a really pretty girl who dresses in a way i don't like will become almost instantly unattractive to me.

yeah

you know what's #1 offputting thing for me? dirty, shitty shoes, usually some shitty walmart-tier pink/violet sneakers or dirty white pumas. pretty girl in some bootcut sweatpants and shitty sneakers = eeeeeeeeeeew
>>
>>11197129
where in cali bro?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.