[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have you guys ever had an issue with your mates copying you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1442393402499.jpg (438 KB, 1401x951) Image search: [Google]
1442393402499.jpg
438 KB, 1401x951
have you guys ever had an issue with your mates copying you? how did you deal with it? my pal will go out and buy the same shirts/shoes/shorts etc as i buy, and get a haircut similar to mine, but i dont wanna acknowledge it... to be honest its annoying as hell, esp because when we are together people will ask if we're brothers, or people will always say we dress the same, or other bull like that
>>
I had a guy who did that to everyone and was the fakest guy ever, so eventually my friend group basically ignored him until he stopped talking to us. It was pretty successful
>>
>>11184959
you sound like a massive faggot cunt
>>
>>11184962
Thanks dude
>>
had this happen too anon.
it all started by innocently complimenting my fits. progressed into asking about my cops, where i bought shit from or who was doing my hair. then it god bad flat out copying fits like a week or two later would show up with fits similar to my past ones.
would get upset if i hung out without him (i was getting tired of his shit by then) and would blast my phone with text messages. one night i got fucked up drunk and passed out in his apartment before going home and i swear i once woke up to him caressing my stomach and i just fucking froze there blasted drunk and not believing what was happening. needless to say we are no longer friends. not sure if this motherfucker was in love with me or wanted to be me. stay safe anon.
>>
I've lent my friends/senpai my yohji so that could. It's kinda fun to dress up.yes I'm a massive faggot. they occasionally wanna dress like me but don't want to spend the dosh.
>>
>>11184951

its pretty funny because when I first started getting into fashion I used to copy this one guys fits at my school(well mimic his style). A year later after a lot of style research and experimentation and the guy that I used to copy actually copies me now.
>>
>>11185078
nice
>>
>>11185000
thanks for the support anon. last week i picked up some shorts, and he askdd me where I got em. nonchalantly, i told him and thought nothing of it at the time. and the next thing i know, he buys the same exact four pairs of shorts i did. i was pretty pissed desu. also sorry that your dude felt you up in your sleep, i would have put him the eff out

but thanks for your responses dudes, good to know that im not the only one with this issue
>>
>>11184951
>>11184959
>>11185000
I had this when I was 13-17 with one friend and another 18-today.
First dude was one of my best mates but he always copied my style, what i was into etc. and same as you guys he wasn't just interested in the same stuff as me he'd literary buy the same shirts, trainers, haircut, all that shit, I fucked his sister when i was 16 and when he found out a few months later he stopped talking to me, he dresses like shit now. Second dude is just a dude in my group i get along with but he's well dull, i think one night when we were drunk i told him to switch what he's wearing up, it got him some attention, and now i swear he stalks my facebook or something I'm away at uni by new clothes pictures of me go up, i come home and he's got the same or similar shit, most annoying thing about it is i purposely avoid trends but with two of us dressed so similar in the group it gets me less attention, yes I'm a narcissist
>>
in highschool I used to copy this asian punk, and once i finally had an original idea she purposely copied it and asked me if she could do it, at the end of her senior year.
>>
My boyfriend's batshit crazy ex copies me. Yeah it pisses me off, I see her here and there due to mutual acquaintes. She'll try to "one up" whatever I'm doing, which is super obnoxious. I.e., I've been wearing the same vintage lizard tevas for years, after wearing them around her she ran out and bought brand-new neon teal ones. Why.
It does make me feel victorious at the same time, spitefully tho. Reaffirmation of being a trendsetter is nice. As long as I'm being copied, I've got the power; at least that's how I try to see it.
She also copies my pictures on social media. Like my profile pic for a while was me laying down with my chin on my arms, once I change it she puts one up of her doing the same only she's barefoot and it's black and white. I know I sound petty but it's fucking annoying
>>
had this happen with my roommate in college but he didnt copy me we just happened to already have extremely similar tastes in clothes, music, hobbies etc. so we mutually copied each other and put each other on to dope new shit that we would come across. shit was tight
>>
>>11185104
>guy needs to buy shorts
>sees someone wearing a pair he likes and asks where they're from
>buys the shorts

what the fuck are you so upset about and why else did you think he was asking w2c?
>>
>>11185210
What the girl i would used to copy would do was show off pointless clothing things to just to see if i'd copy her, and it worked. Buy something you don't like and see if she'll do it like dye your hair or something funny.

She maybe still has feelings for your bf.
>>
I have friends that copy bits and pieces of my style but it's usually not enough to be annoying or make us look too similar.

When my one friend moved to town I would take him around to my favorite bars and restaurants and shit. Next thing I know he's talking to the dude next to him at the bar about places I'd described to him but he'd never even been to using my exact words =]
That's more just funny than anything else but he's a loud center of attention type guy so I just wrote it off.
>>
>>11185253
She 100% does yo. We joke that if I shaved my head she would do it. I care too much though, I wish there were a way to fake it then go back once she does it.
I don't commit overly hard to styles because I like flexibility, she's the opposite and I'm actually a bit jealous of that. If I used hair chalk for a while and she dyed her tips blue I would probably be jealous.
>>
>>11185249
the point is that if you two are close friends who are often seen hanging out in public and he starts wearing the exact same clothes as you it's gonna look stupid as hell.
>>
>>11184951
copy them back and look better, or 1up so hard to watch them fall off and look bootleg.
>>
>>11185271
>I wish there were a way to fake it then go back once she does it.
You could do a bald cap or wear a wig.
>>
one of my closest friends since primary school would do that- i thought it was cute.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.