[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
What's /fa/'s opinion on Chuck Taylors? Good fashion statement, or overused fag shoes?
>>
I have seen the '70s version in person and think it's a great silhouette: more presence than the older ones. many here find the badge a tad too big and contrasting, though.
>>
They're like ray bans wayfarer, they can't go out of style because they're simple and aesthetic, the only thing that'd make them look bad is a bad redesign or color

But specifically the classic white/cream chucks will never go out of style or, if they do, it'll be a while, and they'll make a comeback anyway
>>
>>11173341
they're cool and will always be a staple.

high tops work better with shorts and low tops go good with pants, the black on black low tops are the most versatile. Some people like the 70s i personally don't like the contrast stitching on them the chuck taylow 2s look pretty sweet aswell.
>>
>>11173341
>Good fashion statement, or overused fag shoes?

Neither. Everybody and their mother has a pair. You won't be noticed at all.
>>
They look great and if done right can look fantastic. But if not, they look nothing but mundane.

I wish they had better soles though, I've gotten used to walking in Superstars and Nike Airstabs, which has support for your feet. It's feels like walking on planks.
>>
It's versatile that's for sure. The appearance can range from Ramones to dad shoes. Depends how you wear them and your overall outfit. Pants fit is key. 70s versions look great. Color-wise, anything besides originals/pure white/off-white are shit in my opinion, off-white is currently outplayed due to CDG Play.
>>
goat shoe
70s version is beautiful
>>
They look all right; as basic and inoffensive (yet versatile) as it gets.

But please, /fa/ - half the time I see people posting on WAYWT with converse, they tie them extremely tightly. That shit looks horrible - Converse already have a slim, elongated silhouette - but when you tie them like this, you exaggerate this to the point where it's comical and clown-like.
>>
>>11173597
This.
If you have big feet it's doubly worse to do this.
>>
>>11173375
>aesthetic
goes to show that the people defending these are underage meme lords
>>
I decided to get a pair of red high tops, and I'm finding that while they aren't as versatile as I thought they would be, they look pretty great when they do work with a fit.

I agree with the Ray-ban wayfarer's analogy though, they're pretty timeless, so while they will never be a statement item, they will at least be a decent addition to a lot of fits.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.