[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fa/m looking to get more into this, what are everyone's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 0283750823375039.jpg (88 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
0283750823375039.jpg
88 KB, 800x800
Alright /fa/m looking to get more into this, what are everyone's thoughts on boots? How long is too long, styles? Anything?
Also boots general.
>>
>>11172062
Unless you want to look like a Skinhead nazi, I'd recommend getting black in a matte colour.
I bought these ones over a year ago. Still going strong.
>>
>>11172081
What if I were looking for something a little dressier?
I've seen Timberlands mentioned around before, /out/ and such, and they seem like a solid choice.
>>
>>11172081
JFC, you don't look like skinhead nazi for wearing black boots, you look like that for being a skinhead or being a nazi with a shaved head.

>>11172062
As a general rule the 14 eyelet Docs Martens are too long, (although there can be exceptions)
your pics is fine.
>>
File: black-monkey-booa.jpg (73 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
black-monkey-booa.jpg
73 KB, 490x490
>>11172104
>>11172097
Personally I'm a fan of the Solovair monkey boot for something dressier, and they're mad in England in the same factory as the original Doc Martens
http://www.aircushionboot.com/BlackMonkeyBoot.html
>>
>>11172104
14 eyelet does look a little excessive

Anyone got Doc Martins? Do they live up to the hype?
>>
>>11172097
The boots I bought come with a dusty look. But with a bit of cleaner/restorer, you're looking at one consistent colour. Alternatively, look for leather timberlands with a consistent colour, and wear your jeans down past the neck of the boots.
>>
>>11172113
that's the ugliest boot i've ever seen in my entire life

why are you posting? please stop?
>>
File: gideon-5340-426_web.jpg (140 KB, 1320x820) Image search: [Google]
gideon-5340-426_web.jpg
140 KB, 1320x820
>>11172097
Grenson has an aesthetic of over-articulated details. It's pretty neat, some of the models will definitely fit in with a suit if you have a little sprezz. They have several boots on a variety of soles. Pictured is the Gideon country-boot on a Vibram Tweety-sole.
>>
>>11172097
Thursday boot co.
>>
File: ariver.jpg (359 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ariver.jpg
359 KB, 1280x720
>patent leather boots
>>
>>11172113
haha wtf are those fucking ugly boots
>>
>>11172506
going to live in Hokkaido soon and it gets pretty snowy. will it be able to survive icy roads and shit. pretty much slip proof?
>>
Does anyone know any boots that don't make your feet sweat loads?

Is it just down to material?
>>
>>11172525
The tweety sole is pretty much perfect for snow, it's like a commando sole on steroids so it has a lot of tread and Vibram are a specialized sole company so I'd trust them.
>>11172731
Unlined boots will help you with sweating. Though I can't stress proper sock selections enough. At least 60% Merino wool and the rest polyesters. Don't let cotton to your feet if you want to stay dry. My winter combination is Tesema sport socks topped with homeknit wool socks and unlined boots. Tested and proven at military service.
If you can't find homeknit wool socks Woolpower makes great socks with tubular knitting machines. They have an awesome terry knit inners for that /comfy/.
>>
>>11172113
Fuck those people those shoesare sexy as fuck. I didnt know about solovair until now, thanks!
>>
Okay, I've got a much better idea of the style I'm looking for now, but what sort of colouring is /fa/? I was going to go for black, but now I'm curious
>>
>>11172081
wow guys his boots have lasted a whole year! what an accomplishment everybody!
>>
WTC boots with Saint Laurent-tier heels without selling my kidneys?
>>
>>11172142
I've had a pair for about 3 years now, with constant wear about 5 days a week and contact with dirt, mud, snow, assorted chemicals and oil; with a good cleaning they look brand new, except for the tread has worn down to almost nothing in places, but they still have good grip on pavement and such.
>>
>>11172113
I think monkey boots are actually really nice, but I'm still not sold on that semi-transparent sole or the bright yellow stitching.
>>
>>11172783
what about soles like on the Visvim Serra Boot? looking for something that will go nice with flow-y yohji but will stand up to snow.
>>
>>11173545
depends on what else you're wearing it with. Either black if all black, or brown to be more versatile.
>>
>>11173706
Story et Fall soon.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.