[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minimalist Shoe Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 24
File: missedbidKMS.jpg (188 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
missedbidKMS.jpg
188 KB, 1000x750
I've never seen such a thing here, wondering if there were minimalist shoes out there that aren't gaudy or poor quality. Minimalist in the sense of following the natural form of the foot and providing little sole padding.

I've pretty much blown through the New Balance Minimus collection up until latest release and am looking for something a bit more classy these days.

1. Post Minimalist Shoes or close to it
2. Discuss whether minimal can be effay
3. Post shoes that are close to minimal
4. Ask me whatever about what I know of Minimalist shoes that aren't fucking ugly looking

Pic is of a Minimus Women's size 12 that would have fit size 10.5 on men for a Lunar Fit I was putting together but I fucking missed the bid for it today.
>>
they're not /fa/. structured and heavy is in. from yohji all the way down to rick, it's what's what.
>>
>>11170639
fucking bastard you make a minimalist shoe thread and use the ugliest shoe as the pic
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 637x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 637x587
>>
>>11170652
Sorry mane it's just been on my mind all day.
>>
this is the opposite of minimalism
>>
>>11170659
good fit
>>
>>11170670
Please read my description of minimalist before posting
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1080x1080
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 773x766) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 773x766
>>
File: DSCF4818_zps2d3113bf.jpg (70 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4818_zps2d3113bf.jpg
70 KB, 800x600
Damn, I'm not sure if yall don't read or just understand or just our of spite...let me redirect this shit or let it fucking sink
>>
>>
>>11170728
>>11170739
>>11170639
these are literly the ugliest most pathetic excuse for a shoe i ever seen
>>
File: tsuna.jpg (82 KB, 570x415) Image search: [Google]
tsuna.jpg
82 KB, 570x415
>>11170754
Nah shit. The minimal shoe game needs better designers. If you're trying to take shots at me, sorry you feel that way. This is literally all minimalist brands have to offer right now. I WANT them to be better but people like you ain't helping.
>>
>>11170771
the color is horrible, the designs are opposite of minimal .. wyd senpai
>>
>>11170780
I DON'T MEAN MINIMAL THE WAY YOU DO
like... is it so hard to read? People getting confused but i've already explained.

Fuck man, I know these aren't the same tier as the norm. So can we fucking do anything about this? Is there interest in this? Can we discuss this beyond the very immediate distaste?
>>
>>11170792
i read your description about 6 times now and i still stand by my statement. You should of called this thread a dirty shoe, thrift store clearance thread. not trying to flame, i just dont understand the look youre going for
>>
Nike free trainer 1.0
>>
File: DSCN3226.jpg (462 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3226.jpg
462 KB, 1600x1200
>>11170819
Alright we're getting somewhere (albiet too late for this thread to survive the night) but essentially if you can do close to what is shown in the pic with the shoe this makes it minimal in the sense of materials, not necessarily the design.

-4mm-0mm heel drop
-Wider toe boxes
-Little padding in the sole
-Simulate something close to a barefoot experience/ articulation.

These are what make shoes 'Minimal' by my context. Currently the game is full of boring dadcore tier companies with little sense of style, this is why I can acknowledge that these fucking eyesores don't make the vision clear for you.

For me the appeal of barefoot shoes has been the ability to have greater connection with my movement and have improved my posture among other things, so this doesn't mean my taste is poor or anything...THIS IS ALL I HAVE TO WORK WITH
>>
>>11170681
You description isn't minimalism, please go read a book before using words you don't know the meaning of
>>
>>11170956
Not sure if autist or just autist

Like...given my description and those within the minimalist shoe industry what in the fuck would you call it then

Also, you've read a book about minimal shoes that I haven't??
>>
>>11171306
look up the definition of minimalism you sperg, it refers to an art/design movement, not some shitty made up definition you think it is
>>
File: 1460544184950.jpg (62 KB, 533x441) Image search: [Google]
1460544184950.jpg
62 KB, 533x441
>>11170792
>I DON'T MEAN MINIMAL THE WAY YOU DO
>>
>>11171319
Dude, "minimalist" is a very common term for these kinds of shoes. You're the one being autistic right now, especially when OP already described what the term means in regards to this thread.

Anyway, I feel for you OP. My feet don't fit into most "normal" shoes, but most minimalist shoes are ass ugly, and minimalist boots barely exist. I've been wearing Soft Star Portlanders for over a year now, and they're the best shoes I've found for my feet.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (14 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
14 KB, 500x359
>>11170792
>I DON'T MEAN MINIMAL THE WAY YOU DO
then don't fucking use the word "minimal", because no one on this board thinks about the same "minimal" as you do
>>
Minimalistic versions of converse/vans. Really nice shoes
http://store.goodweaver.jp
>>
File: lOr.png (1 MB, 2358x1140) Image search: [Google]
lOr.png
1 MB, 2358x1140
>>11170639
looking to get one of these today. which is more effay?
left or right?
>>
>>11170639
This is my first time reading about this type of shoes. I don't have anything to contribute but wanted to say thanks for expanding my horizon.
I missed this type of shoes my whole life.
>>
>>11171942
good post, thank you

>>11171785
Yeah as far as boots go we are really lacking in quality and craftmanship that rigid boots get. Perhaps because rigid is actually easier to actualize while minimal is harder to work with and design for.

What will move us to that point and are there any designers attempting this direction?
>>
>>11171326
To be fair most people in /fa/ use the word "minimalism" completely fuckgin wrong and don't understand what it means.
>>
File: 1460642853495-225442938.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
1460642853495-225442938.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
I have the most minimal shoes outside of planks of wood with string.
No shame.
>>
>>11171958
left
>>
>>11170639
Everything in this thread is shit.

Just a heads up.
>>
>>11172086
>trip no one has ever heard about trying to act superior
I think it's mostly you
>>
>>11172089
That's relevant, I'm just being honest, none of the shoes posted are stylish or fashionable in anyway. I've been here for years i just dont live on here and post 50x a day.

Stay mad.
>>
>>11172094
You are just spouting shit without actually saying anything
Try constructing actual fucking reasons as why you think that way, you don't provide shit to anything other than your unsolicited presence unless you do so.
>>
>>11172102
Why? If someone is ugly do you go into detail about why they're so fucking ugly? When you take a shit do you look in the toilet and make sure it has all the required qualities to be classified as shit?

Basic minimalist shoes are all black chuck Taylor lows, black vans, Jack Purcells are nice if your foot isnt too big.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (228 KB, 1600x1079) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
228 KB, 1600x1079
>>11172012
This is good that I have done that for you. I'm not sure if there is a distaste for barefoot-type shoes generally but I hope in the future you find something that accommodates to you.

>>11172094
But...who are you?

I hope you've read that I've blatantly desired better quality and more thoughtful aesthetic appeal in this type of shoe. As well as myself being aware of lackluster design for the most part.
>>
>>11172112
It's a discussion forum so I try to usually share my viewpoints yes.
>minimalist
pls just stop using that word you don't even know what it means
>>
>>11172121
>I hope in the future you find something that accommodates to you.
I liked the Good Weaver ones, too bad they they cost 4k in my currency.
>>11172112
>Basic minimalist shoes are all black chuck Taylor lows, black vans, Jack Purcells are nice if your foot isnt too big.
I don't think you are talking about the same things as the other anon is...
>>
anyone got a list of brands that make/sell minimalist/barefoot/zerodrop/whatever type shoes?
>>
everything in this thread is ugly as fuck except for
>>11170699

if you wanna buy any of this shit go ahead im sure you'll get plenty of stares and people thinking you're super fashionable wearing >>11170728
>>11170739
or >>11170771

go for it playboi.
>>
>>11172112
your definition of minimalist is just as wrong as OPs lmao
>>
>>11172143
Of or relating to minimalism in art or music.

???????????????????
>>
>>11172158
>converse, vans, jack purcells
>minimalist
WEW
>>
>>11172158
Fucking clothing you tool it's a fashion board
>>
>>11172171
oh i guess fashion isn't art my bad.
>>
File: winterrun-blackorng-geo.jpg (130 KB, 999x749) Image search: [Google]
winterrun-blackorng-geo.jpg
130 KB, 999x749
>>11172138
I love this guy

As far as pic goes, I really do think NB has some the most unique things they are trying to accomplish with Minimal shoes. Here are some rare winter runs I copped from eBay a few weeks ago.
>>
Pic is Vibram Furoshiki

Once again, interesting concept ( a minimalist shoe that wraps around your foot ), fucking poor execution. This version is a bit tame, but their original is just awful. All I hope to accomplish by posting this kind of thing here at this point is to spread awareness and move some stagnant-ass waters on this board.

>>11172136
I'll do what I can -
>Merrel
>Vibram
>Vibram/New Balance
>evobarefoot
>Nobull (brand I literally just found)
>ASICS can be pretty minimal at times with the Mexico line
>Anything mentioned before in this thread

Yall niggas are trolling and shit but should feel lucky I'm not trying to make toe shoes happen
>>
>>11170692
W2c them pants?
>>
>>11172244
>shoes with 5 toe compartments aren't minimal my shoes have 1 big toe box which is obviously more minimal than 5

thanks for the list
>>
>>11170639
Probably better to post in out but whatre tour thoughs on nb minimus? Looking for minimal trail/terrain shoes with near 0 drop
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 570x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 570x382
I've always liked the minimalistic designs of indoor soccer shoes. They're slick, but once I put them on, they felt uncomfortable because of the hard material. Idk, maybe you have to break them in.
>>
>>11172295
Personally I think that the minimus is still trying to find the right model. If you compare the old models to the newer ones you'll see that structurally there are compromises to both.

The newer ones have slightly more padding, higher heel drop (again, very minor), a more durable and less unusual outsole and a more shapely toe box that I find more comfortable than the older versions.

That being said, the older models are much closer to 0 drop and for this reason I go to them more often than newer ones.

Overall I find myself to be satisfied by the line, but then again, as stated before, this type of shoe is very scarce for suppliers and quality designers so I do not have much to compare them to. However, if you are looking for something like as you describe and don't want something hideous looking I suggest sticking to the newer models of the shoe until more innovations are made.

Unrelated, but Minimal shoes are essentially techwear for feet
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 800x531
>>11172337
This also
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 414x295) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 414x295
Look at vivobarefoot
>>
>>11172067
I think what we need is for traditional shoe-makers to realize that there is a huge market they are missing out on. I think that there are loads of people who like what minimalist shoes have to offer, but choose not to wear them due to OSHA requirements, lack of formal/business-friendly options, or just personal taste (lots of what's on the market right pays little heed to fashion).
When fashion and barefooting meet, the result is usually seems to be poor build quality.
Imagine stitchdown-constructed Horween leather boots with no heel rise and a natural style last. Plenty of soles already exist that would work with such a boot.
I think podiatrists also need to be involved, to help design lasts to allow proper toe splay, flexion, etc.
>>
>>11172838
Cuck
>>
>>11171958
Right
>>
>>11173019
Quality input.

Another question, because this industry in such a state, marketing to families and normies, how, if possible, can we get there to be a shift in thinking (outside of producing ourselves). Or do we just cross our fingers that someone will look into it and wait.
>>
copped these the other day
>>
>>11171958
W2c right?
>>
File: nobull.jpg (300 KB, 1422x949) Image search: [Google]
nobull.jpg
300 KB, 1422x949
>>11172244
Is Nobull minimalist?
It looks like a lighter running shoe, looks better than most though.
>>
>>11172121
>company names shoe 'Minimus'
>puts four giant gold logos all over it
>>
Hey /fa/m
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ORIGINAL-BUNDESWEHR-SPORTSCHUHE-SAMBA-BW-LAUFSCHUHE-SNEAKER-HALLENSCHUHE-WEIs-/390486579142?var=&hash=item5aead057c6:m:mDy5B54fL7MOS1NgRr5ZWYQ
is this a goood seller of GATS? any experience? worth the price?
>>
>>11174793
http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/casual-shoes/cheetah-sneaker/SF3742.html?dwvar_SF3742_color=3743
>>
>>11174764
One way could be for people who are already interested in minimalist shoes to reach out to shoemakers who do custom work. It's already happened with Russell Moccasin, who now have their own line of zero drop mocs made on munson lasts (not quite a barefoot-friendly last, but it's miles ahead of their other offerings).
I've also thought a bit about 3-d scanning of feet, something which a few companies are already doing. Scan the feet, run it through some algorithms, spit out a 3-d printed last at the other end. One big problem with mass-produced shoes is that people simply don't all have the same feet, and proper fit is very important for comfort, function, and health. You could team up with an established name in the business, like Red Wing, to make shoes on the printed lasts. This could help people realize that their regular shoes (probably) fit like garbage.
Honestly, I think that the average person either doesn't get the point of these shoes, or thinks they're snake oil. Education based on proper science (not like Vibrams five-fingers marketing campaign, promising to magically fix all of your health problems overnight) could go a long way towards helping people see the benefits of minimalist shoes.
>>
>>11175332
Not quite, but close to it in the same way Onitsuka Tiger Mexico aren't minimal but do well for transitioning to one.

>>11175827
Alright, appreciated. This is relevant to me actually. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>11176090
>Not quite, but close to it in the same way Onitsuka Tiger Mexico aren't minimal but do well for transitioning to one
Transition won't be a problem since i have walked more without shoes than with, the problem is the price and looks. Nobull is the only decent looking one i saw, imo.
>>
>>11177206
I'm not sure how price fares in comparison, but try checking out Strike Movement as well. I believe they have similar style/ minimal functionality
>>
File: 3079618-p-2x.jpg (118 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
3079618-p-2x.jpg
118 KB, 960x720
Copped my first pair of frees for summer.

I wanted a pair of NB Minimus but these were way cheaper.
>>
>>11178294
>NATURAL BIODYNAMICS: a minimal 3.9mm heel drop combined with a wide forefoot, promotes mid/fore foot strike and allows your foot to be in full contact with the ground.

I guess they are making minimal shoes but advertising it's qualities rather than the classification, which, for me, is a better aproach.
>>
>>11172074
tai chi shoes are the best
>>
I've got these free 4.0 flyknits from last year that I'm starting to wear again now that it's getting nice out. Been thinking about copping sum'n new tho...
>>
>>11179045
This interests me...
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.