[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fa/ Starter Watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Looking for a cheap-ish (~$100) watch that will last for awhile, that I can wear with different fits, and that will last me awhile. Heard good things about the Weekender, worth copping one? If not which direction should I go in? Leather strap or cloth strap?

I don't know shit about watches.
>>
Are you looking for a watch that will last you a while?
>>
>>11165976
Well not like a lifetime, since I know I won't be getting anything really high end with my budget. But at least a few years ideally.
>>
>>11165984
My Timex broke after a year, but I was relatively hard on it (e.g., wore it to work, which included some manual labor)
>>
>>11166057
Broke how? Stopped ticking or literally fell apart? Just curious. I probably wouldn't be too hard on it outside of wearing it often. And even if it does only last me a year or so, I think $50 is a decent price to pay for that.
>>
>>11166180
the crown fell out. i could have (and likely) banged it against something, but i didn't remember any big knocks at the time. maybe just one knock too many.
>>
>>11166200
Hmm. What would you recommend then?
>>
>>11166302

I don't have any recommendations for what you're seeking because I'm in the same boat, but I think Timex is a solid brand. I have an Expedition that was on sale for $30, and it's been 3 years and it keeps time well. The only problem is that the movement is very loud and can, for example, be heard in a car between lulls in conversation if the radio is off.
>>
File: 8295046569_3bf5bd79e2_z.jpg (147 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
8295046569_3bf5bd79e2_z.jpg
147 KB, 640x470
>>11165962
get a Seiko SNK809
$60 bucks for an automatic movement
>pic related
after that, buy a leather strap or a NATO strap
those look the best on this watch
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (96 KB, 825x1000) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
96 KB, 825x1000
>>11166319
I'm the guy from >>11166996
If you're in that much of a bind for cash, go with the Vostok Kommandirskie
Mechanical movements, and only for $30
However, the stock strap is terrible. Get a new one IMMEDIATELY if you decide to buy the watch. A trustworthy seller(and where I got mine) is this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/shmek-?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Hope I was of some help

>/thread
>>
File: 1460545110422.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1460545110422.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>11165962

A good and also /g/ approved response would be Vostok Amphibia. For not much money you are getting an excellent vintage looking diver with 200m water resistance. Its mechanical movement is pretty rugged and it will last you a life.
You can even combine it with different kind of natos to get a nice fit.

Does /fa/ like mine?
>>
>>11167943
looks pretty cool, is that an aftermarket bezel?
>>
>>11168000
Thanks m8. Yes, it's an after market bezel with Seiko SKX insert. You can get one like this shipped from Ukraine, the eBay seller is boris_gvb I believe.
>>
>>11166996
Found this on a local site but for double the price. Shame, I'd cop it for 60$ any day.
>>
>>11167943
Very nice
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.