[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dallas vs Miami
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 960x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 960x535
Which city is more effay? Dallas or Miami?

My top 2 college options are UT Dallas & University of Miami.

Can a middle-class, full-time student even get pussy in Miami? The stereotype would definitely say no... so many thots & douchebags.

I'm more likely to keep my car in Dallas, also. So that's something to consider.

/fa/ College & City General, also.
>>
Miami by a long shot, they are both in states full of functionally illiterate maniacs, but at least Miami has beaches, plus THE U>UT Dallas Community College
>>
kill urself, my man
>>
dallas sucks
>>
>>11162891
I'm OP. UT Dallas is working its way up to being a tier-one; I wouldn't call it a community college at all. Great engineering programs. I got accepted to UT Austin too, & I'm not even considering it.
>>
Neither. Seattle or Portland
>>
Dallas is kinda boring.

Frequently toured by a lot of good bands but the extent of a "local scene" we have here is just cloud rap and shitty La Dispute hxc bands. There's really nothing in the form of an alternative/underground culture here.
>>11162891
You can't major biomed at a community college, fuckass.
>>
>>11162893
>>
>>11162881
Miami is infinitely more fashionable than Dallas. Like, different leagues entirely.
>>
>>11163039
Damn... Thanks for the info. I'd enjoy the tours that stop by, but local scenes are nice to have too. I read on Yelp (lol) that Miami's local music scene is lacking too, to my surprise. I guess there are a lot of rappers and not a lot of bands, like you said of Dallas. I just wanna see Rick Ross the boss. This that Dade County shit, ya heard?

>>11163046
Well of course it has higher status & shit. But is it really comfortably livable?

I'm visiting Miami in 2 weeks. I just wanted to see if anyone here had first-hand experience.
>>
>>11163084
Oh I just wanna clarify, I'd attend more rap shows in Miami than just Rick Ross lol. My autism is flaring up.
>>
>>11162881
>Miami
>Dallas
>effay
Are you shitting me? Neither.
>>
>>11163084
lol

I know Noise Fest came to Miami not too long ago. My understanding is it's developed into a substantial scene, if that's your kind of thing.
>>
dallas is dog shit
>>
>>11162961
Houston is pretty cool but really gentrified, not that there's anything wrong with that, necessarily
Dallas is a shit hole

956 reporting
>>
>>11162881
South Floridian Broward kid here.

I fucking hate Miami, it's full of scene kids and rich dumbasses going to Aventura Mall or Bal Harbour to buy the most gaudy Gucci, Louis, Hermes bullshit. Do not come here if you think people give a shit about your /r/MFA fits or Rick Owens M&Ms fetish.

I must say the stores are very unique (Alchemist, Apt-606, Rick Owens, Webster etc) but are extremely marked-up retail even when they have very limited quantity/stock and sizes of anything that's fresh/new and they usually only have the least wanted pieces/color-ways which sucks a lot when you want to buy/try something
Also, I'm same in the graduating class of 2020 and everyone who's planning between UM and UF is saying University of Miami is like Highschool #2. Do NOT fucking come there to make connections, everyone is a self-centered jit with no goals/purpose except trying to get into the next social scene/clout.

This year has been a shit-ton of denials for me and I'm not satisfied with what I went through in HS

I have barely four options left, Woods college (Night hell shift, missing college life) to then transfer in Boston College, Drew University (shit ton of grants but the college lifestyle will be shit, no prestige or recognition) UWF, UCF, or hopefully get off the Fordham waitlist

I know some of you fags are trying to get into Lincoln/Rose hill campus, but it's not even /fa/ at the slightest
>>
Neither one of these cities is /fa/ at all, but I'd vote for Miami
>>
>>11163128
>Do NOT fucking come there to make connections, everyone is a self-centered jit with no goals/purpose except trying to get into the next social scene/clout.

Literally every college is like this.

There is no such thing as a "/fa/" college
>>
>>11163139
>transferring to uni next semester
Well shit.
>>
>>11162881
Well, dallas ISNT effay, so
>>
>>11162970
What a faggot omg
>>
>>11162881
Pick the better school, not the place a bunch of weird fashion nerds on the Internet tell you to go.

Miami is #51 nationally.
UT Dallas is #140 nationally.

Look up the programs you are interested in and go from there, but that alone might tell you something.
>>
Dallas is fucking dope but it's not fashionable.
>>
>>11163291
Name a single redeeming quality aside from having a Face Shop
>>
>>11163315
Um... The coke quality is good. The music scene is pretty decent. I guess?

Shit, maybe you're right. I'm probably just biased because I'm from here.
>>
I live in Miami and attend FIU, fuck girls on the regular even though I'm a poor fag. If you can't get laid in Miami, it's because you're ugly or lack charisma, not because of financial status. Also, lie. Fake it til you make it
>>
>>11163348
i bet your the guy that rides around on roller skates blasting music arent you
>>
>>11163362
That was pasta he lives in the Midwest and is actively working up the courage to go to Friday night magic after years of being too self critical
>>
>>11163377
Not pasta at all, it's really easy to get laid. Although it's an empty satisfaction.
>>
>>11163139
this is actually so true, college is not effay anymore.

> Institution encouraging people to think inside a box, and squashing individuality
> effay

pick only one.
>>
>>11163391
Life squashes individuality
Conformity doesn't need labels like "fa" to survive and thrive that just comes with being an adult
>>
>>11163389
you really are the roller skates guy though im sure of it
>>
>>11163185
Well I'm attracted to Miami because of its obvious selling points... but it also costs significantly more than UT Dallas. Right now I'm waiting on my financial aid package from UM (I already got a yearly scholarship offer but it's not enough).

Also, I feel like Miami would make me a small fish in a big pond. At UT Dallas I figure I'm more likely to be a the biggest fish in a small pond. I'm talking social standing, not necessarily the literal city/school populations. I think the amount of lames & Indians at UTD elevate me, basically. I can't really say much about UM's student population since I have yet to visit.

Also, UTD has GOAT residence halls. Fuck a roommate.

>>11163348
That's reassuring. Idk who "roller skates guy" is but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Have you been living in Miami for a while? If not, how'd you make friends & get bitches?

>>11163339
If I go to Dallas you gotta show me the plug.
>>
File: boyd-andfriends.jpg (136 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
boyd-andfriends.jpg
136 KB, 500x494
>>11163391
>>11163397
>implying art schools aren't /fa/
They're trendy and shallow as fuck but the rich kids shit enough at art to think a BA in it is cool invest all their time and energy into their lqqks at the expense of any art making. From what I've seen in LA and Chicago's SAIC, fashion is all the 'art' they actually do.
>>
>>11163128
I'm sorry to hear about that my man.

Unfortunately I'm one of the fuckers that cares too much about their clout & shit. Hopefully I'll grow out of it before it's too late & I'm forced to reap the empty life I sow.

Although you have reaffirmed my perception of Miami a bit; spoiled fucks and a growing disparity between the rich & poor. Smh senpai.

>>11163185
I'm fairly certain that the major I want to pursue is better at UTD. But yeah saying I graduated from UM will definitely carry more recognition. But again, that's just me caring about something that doesn't matter.

All I know is that I would've committed to Dallas by now if Miami wasn't constantly tugging at my soul. I'm so concerned about missing out on a great college experience there.
>>
>>11163564
>If I go to Dallas you gotta show me the plug.
The problem with the dealers here is that the quality may be good as fuck, but they always short the shit out of you. It's annoying.
>>
>>11162961
>gets accepted to UT Austin
>doesn't even consider it
WHAT THE FUCK DUDE?? Austin is so much chiller than Dallas holy fuck.
>>
>>11163039
But you can get an affordable associates degree at TCC
>>
>>11163348
Why do all of the girls seem like shallow bitches, I go there and none of them make eye contact with me. I'm not even that bad looking and I dress decently
>>
>>11162961
>>11164677
This. Austin is the only good thing about texas, plus UT Austin is the favorite child of the UT system. OP get your ass over to Austin, it's much better than Dallas and Miami
>>
>>11164677
>>11164964
please listen to these guys, you are idiotic not to pick UT over UTD and fucking Miami
>>
>>11163579
SAIC Chicago is a huge circle jerk
Not that there's anything wrong with that. That area is always chill as shit
>>
>>11162961
fuuuark dude I'm going to UTD next year but thats bc UT didn't accept me into comp sci :(
>>
>>11165381
i moved to chicago last year. how do i break into their scene? i hang out in bridgeport and pilsen basement shows but the only saic kids that ever show are graduate students
>>
File: 1438579535437.gif (1 MB, 161x200) Image search: [Google]
1438579535437.gif
1 MB, 161x200
>>11162881
I live in Miami, def us.

Dallas is full of fucking HICKS
>>
>>11163128
BC STUDENT DETECTED

NSU MASTER RACE

YOU LOSER POORFAG
>>
>>11165717
I never tried, just spent a ton of time in that neighborhood when I lived in Chicago
>>
>>11163128
Fordham isn't as /fa/ as NYU, but it's location gives someone who wants to be the chance to. Lincoln Center more so
>>
>>11166447
>neighborhood
saic is smack in the middle of the loop
>>
>>11162881
I'm going to UTD next year, heard for the most part it's a bunch of indian and korean kids who don't give a fuck about anything but school
>>
>>11165381
Did you see the drama on the SAIC craigslist group? Some dumb gook bought a bunch of shit on taobao and then sold it at the art show

>>11165717
Trust me, you don't really want to "break into" the scene. It's full of a bunch of massive faggots. None of them make good art.

Of you're in Bridgeport maybe hang out at Archer Beach House / ball room. There's usually lots of SAIC kiddies there
>>
>>11166532
Aren't there like three art schools in a few block radius near state and Jackson-ish
>>
>>11166594
SAIC is the only decent one.

Then there's like Columbia College, which is more of a media school and less fine arts, which lets anyone in (open admission). Then there's a bunch of other for profit media arts schools.

SAIC is the only fine arts university in the city.
>>
>>11162881
I live like 10 minutes from UM, the people who go there are fucking tools. But Wynwood and Bal harbor are effay so enjoy.
>>
>>11166603
My neighbor at the time was a graduate of saic and felt it necessary to dispel the "I went to art school after seeing their commercials but I promise I'm not a moron" assumption that he thought I had
Honestly design is an oversaturated field so if I subconsciously rolled my eyes while he told me about school it was more related to that than anything else; I'm sure saic is a good school
>>
File: 79_cathoman_v2.jpg (24 KB, 130x127) Image search: [Google]
79_cathoman_v2.jpg
24 KB, 130x127
>>11166583
yea I already hang out there. and giron's and rubicon in pilsen before they shuttered, club rectum etc. the saic kids always leave early for some reason and they don't really seem to talk with anyone besides the people they show up with. I'm only friendly with the folk who run those things really

I heard danny's in wicker park is a good scene too, I know beau wanzer plays that monthly tuesday night but it's pretty out of the way.

>It's full of a bunch of massive faggots. None of them make good art.
I figured as much but there must be some decent people. im so tired of the people I know here.

I feel like I've just been stagnating ever since I moved to this city. I get the feeling I just don't know where the real scene is, this shit is so boring and stale
>>
>>11166603
doesn't saic have something like 80% admission?
>>
>>11166444
BC? Yea, Boston College fuckouttahere

Nova is a shitfest literally all the highschoolers go back there since they have no where to go

YOU can suck it lame ass jit
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.