[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese Sizing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 00250big.jpg (303 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
00250big.jpg
303 KB, 1280x1920
Hello /fa/. I was wondering - do Japanese brands like Junya Watanabe, Undercover, Number (N)ine etc. fit smaller than standard US sizes? In brands like Supreme, I wear a L. Would I need to size up for brands like this? Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>11162354
Yes, and you're too fat for japanese brands

I used to be a size L in most things in 2009 then I wanted to wear designer shit so i started to lose weight until I hit an Italian 50 tonwear jap clothing

I'm only 5'8" but a lot of the jap brands have hems too short and a lot of Asian kids on forums hem the pants to like 28" inseam since their uber manlets
>>
>>11162369
I'm not fat at all. I'm very tall and skinny, as I'm 6'5" 160lb. I'm aware I'm waaay taller than the ideal size for these kind of clothes, but I was wondering if I could fit an XL or something.
>>
>>11162354
how about you look at the measurements
>>
I need help guys, does Julius make size 0 jeans?
>>
>>11163033
>I need help guys, does Julius make size 0 jeans?
way too logical man come on now
>>
Yeah, if you wanna know how they fit, you can try finding CdG play

I bought an undercover shirt (size 0) and attachment jacket (size medium), it was too small on me and I'm asian already
>>
I have Junta Watanabe, Visvim and White Mountaineering pieces that are M when I usually wear a small.

I have one Comme Does Garcons Cardigan that is an XL but still fits me, don't know what the fuck that's about
>>
>>11162399
Look at the measurements. Sizing is inconsistent but the odds are against you. I'm only 6' but I have a hard time finding a shirt that's long enough. Also, if you're looking to buy in/from Japan you may find the larger sizes are only sold overseas.
>>
>>11162354
>junya
letter sizing size the same as western clothes

>number nine
number sizing 3=M/48

>undercover
1-5 sizing
1=44,2=46,3=48 and so on
for pants 3 = 30 for the older stuff (earmuff maniac) varies heavily season to season
>julius
1 = S 2 = M 3 = L
pant sizing is 1 = 29ish 2 = 31ish 3= 33ish
again depends on season, size 0 i believe only shows up for MA and Nilos,
>CDG
lots of sublines i'll go over the stuff i've owned or handled
>homme
before 2000 coats fit large, a medium will often fit a large, only thing to look out for is sleeve length after 2000 it seems to be more in line with western sizing, slimmer less boxy cuts as well
>Homme Plus
for the most part true to size, some pieces from various seasons are meant to be larger or over sized so you can squeak into them
example: the tie closure shawl collar coat from AW11 "decadance" fits a full size large
>cdg black
true to size as far as i can tell, only owned one piece

>visvim
only owned a couple pieces but i found them to fit a little bit smaller than marked,
>>11163285
chances are that cardigan is womens, post tags and i can tell for sure
>>11163037
as stated above i'm pretty sure i's only for MA and Nilos
>>
>>11163037
mainline up to aw06 & ma
>>
>>11166347
Super helpful stuff. Thank you!
>>
>>11162399
Attachment size 5 is the average across Japanese big boy sizing and you're like a foot taller than it and about 9" too wide

Just wear American brands Rick Owens has shit that fits you
>>
>>11166593
yeah I was almost sure I couldn't fit any Japanese shit, but at least I'm the ideal build for Saint Laurent
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.