[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gonna buy a suit, pants, shoes set for 2300 dollars from hugo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: S16SR_CTG_BM_037_sRGB-extended.jpg (35 KB, 780x400) Image search: [Google]
S16SR_CTG_BM_037_sRGB-extended.jpg
35 KB, 780x400
gonna buy a suit, pants, shoes set for 2300 dollars from hugo boss is it worth it?
>>
It's seriously not
>>
>>11156336

If you're poor enough to have to ask then it's not
>>
just go to a tailor and get a mtm
>>
>>11156336
nah, hugo boss is more often than not an H&M suit with better fabrics. Go to a real tailor, you can get a really nice MTM or OTR suit for that money.
>>
Get $160 Super 140s 100% Italian Wool suit from CombatGent, get tailored, look better than nearly anyone wearing Boss. Fit is critical, and make sure it's 100% Wool, no poly.
>>
>>11156336
>Hugo Boss
>glued construction and questionable materials

Yeah, no.
>>
>>11156336
Hugo boss is crappy, The construcción is not there?
Where are you from? Un nyc there is a place you can get it full to size perfect.
Wouldnt go with such trendy silhouette
>>
As said before, you could get a mtm suit with full horsehair canvassing and a pair of real nice Alden's (seconds if you want to focus more on the suit) for that price
>>
>>11156336
The suit is. Don't bother with the shoes. Get shoes from an actual shoe company. Trust me i work at a Boss store.
>>
>>11156336

you can choose your own cloth and thus your own perfect color and pattern and get a made to measure suit for that price that will fit you better.
>>
>>11156336
Ignore the brand whores in /fa/. Go to suitsupply if there's one in your area. Have them measure and fit you a suit. I think you could go for their most premium offer (1K something) and still get a muvh better suit and a better value than Hugo crap.

Get the shoes from a shoemaker with good revoews. Do your reseaech and go for proven quality, not brand. This is the most sensible advice you'll get here.
>>
>>11156372
Also this guy. Be sure that it's a reputable taylor with a portfolio you can look at so you don't get ripped off.
>>
>>11156540
Go for suitsupply and if not Indochino. Combatgent is not the best value. They cut corners.
>>
>>11159073
Bro I haven't 2 of their suits in rotation. Been solid for over a year.
Tailored so well by my local old Romanian, I get asked if it's [insert expensive brand or MTM] all the time.
>>
>>11156336

Why don’t you just take a whiz through your $5,000 suit?
>>
>>11159065
>Ignore the brand whores of /fa/
>Didn't bother to read the first reply, or any of them for that matter
>Praises own advice
Dude the advice wasn't half bad but you seriously need to stand the fuck back and read the thread before bashing others and promoting your own fucking wit.
>>
>>11159065
With a minimum of comprehensive reading you could have assessed that I ignored the posts purposefully. I stand by advising OP agaonst brandwhores. Ig my advice is redundant or self evident so be it. Why are fashionistos on /fa/ so defensive?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.