[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone in /fa/ dress like old people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 121014654.jpg (499 KB, 594x691) Image search: [Google]
121014654.jpg
499 KB, 594x691
What do you have against colors, and actual fashion?
>>
File: LeTrollMaster.jpg (154 KB, 780x739) Image search: [Google]
LeTrollMaster.jpg
154 KB, 780x739
top kek
>>
when will the undercut end?
>>
>>11154335
lurk more, saged, and reported.
enjoy the party van cuckboi.
>>
>>11154343
Haha, this is the first time I see that image. Well, apparently i'm not the only one who noticed you guys dress like people from the 1960's.
>>
>>11154362
Waywt isn't an accurate portrayal of the board's general style
Trying to mimic 60s-90s subcultures is pretty much the goal
>>
i'm serious it's 2016 and everyone is still getting undercuts i don't know what to do please send help
>>
>>11154366
You do realize even the 90's were 25 years ago right?
>>
>>11154373
Yeah but have you seen early 90s streetwear that shit was awesome
>>
>>11154366
>Trying to mimic 60s-90s subcultures is pretty much the goal
That'd probably be rad if it were true. WAYWT threads are full of "value Rick" and other ripoffs.
>>
>>11154388
It was awesome because people were authentic and didn't give a fuck what others had thought and wore what they had liked. If it was vomit green pullovers with neon-pink hairbands, purple leggings with ridiculous blue shoes, then they wore that.

All these faggots nowadays are wearing jeans, faded carefully and precisely, not a speck of dirt anywhere, price tag 900$$ Meanwhile in the 90's they bought a pair of normal jeans cheap, and wore it until it faded naturally, got torn up, and that was the fucking beauty of it. That is why the 2000's are such cancer. It's disingenous and fake as hell.
>>
>>11154405
Re-read my post
The active users here follow and build upon subcultures
Goth, punk, ivy, skinhead, streetwear, milspec, whatever
>>
File: 0062.jpg (322 KB, 2552x3600) Image search: [Google]
0062.jpg
322 KB, 2552x3600
>>11154416
That's not exactly true
Pictures from 90s photo albums (Gonna get shit for this but Vice has a tendency to upload decent photo collections) will tell the real story for how people dressed
It was more XGIRL and Milkfed than it was "urban" garbage and crazy colors
>>
File: 1436520787934.jpg (43 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
1436520787934.jpg
43 KB, 418x455
>>11154437
Enough! No more arguing. I miss the fucking 90's.
Seriously though, screw you, now I have to go and listen to some trashy euro-dance for an hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFC5g9sW3Fk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llyiQ4I-mcQ&nohtml5=False
>>
>>11154475
Bro you know you were listening to supertouch exclusively and going to nyhc shows like the rest of us wish we were
>>
>>11154493
>Bro you know you were listening to supertouch exclusively and going to nyhc shows

Nah, I'm European, born in 1988. Though I grew up in the 90's, I missed out on all those glorious rave parties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myZBdVOzHa8&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44t3xc_XDes&nohtml5=False
>>
>>11154542
I can only imagine
The "kids hanging out between dj sets" shots I've seen are fucking glorious
>>
>>11154546
You have no idea how annoying it was. I pretty much never had friends of my age, I was a lone child. So I always hung out with teens, my cousins and their friends. So I constantly had glimpses of their cool lives, and wished I could go with them, but I was "too young" and "discos are not for kids".
Though spending time with them has greatly influenced my musical taste.
>>
>>11154542
https://youtu.be/ZclaXQWVRCg
music sucks but the footage is phenomenal, just for the outfits those guys were getting away with
>>
>>11154419
>Goth, punk, ivy, skinhead, streetwear, milspec...
If my milspec you mean those flecktarn parkas. Those other things aren't worn at all.
>>
>>11154566
>those tracksuits

Oh boy. So bad...yet so good.
>>
>>11154596
Nah man that shit is awesome. People don't glorify actual styles enough. They just look at pictures of what celebrities wore and say "remember that's how it was back then?"
It was all about Sergio tacchini, luhta, umbro, and Adidas
>>
>>11154589
Nah more like ark air, avirex, and alpha industries Japan
>>
>>11154335
I wear really colorful but everyone calls me gay baka
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.