[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
So I work in the women's shoe department at a Macys in a heavily African American dominant area and I just have to ask, what is the deal with Michael Kors? Literally half the black women that come in here are dressed head to toe with MK bling and they don't give a single fuck about any other designer. Does anyone know why this designer became so big within this community? Like who first starting promoting him for this demographic? His quality isn't even that good in his Michael by Michael Kors line but these women act like it's fucking mana from heaven. I mean I know there's herd mentality with everything but they cling to their Michael Kors shoes and bags like they would almost rather go blind than lose them. The shackles are off and now they're willingly enslaving themselves to a wealthy white man. Its insane.

To;dr: what's with black women and Michael Kors?
>>
I work at a Ross and I see the same conspicuous consumerism.
>>
Its designer brand but still cheap enough to afford?
>>
OP here. I also wanted to add that I don't see the obsession with people of other races. They're not quite as branded, at least not collectively. Like they know he's designer so they might be inclined to look at him but they are equally open to other options as well.
>>
>>11153891
this. it's "expensive" for upper middle class suburbanites
>>11153893
might be the area you're in
where i'm at it's all middle aged white suburban women wearing michael kors
>>
>>11153891

There are so many other designers like that though. You wouldn't believe how many upturned noses I get to Ralph Lauren, who I think is much more stylish.
>>
>>11153893
>>11153907 is right, it's just the area you're in.

My hometown is full of middle-aged white "fashionistas" dressed in shit from CATO w/ MK bags.
>>
>>11153874
It's not only black women, asians and whites too. All types of 30s+ women. I guess they look good for affordable prices. It's like designer brand for lower to middle class.
>>
>>11153874

It's expensive but not so expensive as to be out of reach to the average person and has obvious branding with a large enough variety of styles to appeal to all kinds of normies
>>
>>11153874
this applies to whites as well, white women love MK
>>
>>11153921

just to add the majority of people see with these are white middle class new money types and middle class asians (indian)
>>
>>11153918
>>11153919
>>11153921

I guess maybe it's just the area I'm in but white women and Asians really just don't care that much. Weird.
>>
>>11153874
Wasn't this some cheap shit Brand that just changed their prices and Marketing?
Normies are dumb as fuck
>>
>>11153965

He has two brands, Michael Kors and Michael by Michael Kors.

MK is his main brand with $800+ purses and shoes.

MbMK is his retail line. The quality is no better than most of the other stuff you find in retail and people eat it up and shell out hundreds of dollars for it thinking they're getting the same quality.
God help you if you tell them otherwise. I once joked to a lady about how a $125 MbMK boot was silly because it was litterally a one piece rubber mold with an MK logo slapped onto it. Probably cost him less than a dollar to make. She gave me a cold hard stare like I was a pedophile she just caught checking out her kid.

People are morons.
>>
The build quality on MK isn't bad for the more expensive bags. Girlfriend dropped $400 on a MK bag for an everyday handbag and it's actually held up pretty well.
The shoes / watches / clothes / glasses are all tacky as shot though.
>>
Almost every white woman and teenager I see has a MK tote bag/watch/shoes in my area. It is so annoying but if that's what they like, then you do you.
>>
>>11153893
All poor people are drawn to commercial luxury brands because it makes them look rich. Not sure why its more common with blacks to buy certain brands, but they do. Asians are worse since its mostly hypebeasts and chinese new money.
>>
>>11154049
Heh, normies always think they're in the right
>>
>>11153874
White girls more like 20+ go for MK (and mostly Guess) here. There are no black girls where I live.
Grills would not run for it if it hadn't huge MK logos tagged all over.
Also don't forget the huge marketing MK does, it propably just werks. There are also a lot of MK exclusive "boutiques", so grills have constant sobbing mouths when walking by.
MK is a prestigous show off thing, other designers could be unknown to some so no prestiege then.

also this
>>11153891
>>11153907
>>11153921
>>
Probs cause Niki Minaj or however said in a song
>>
michael kors simply successfully marketing his premium fashion label as it were a pret-a-port luxury brand. His Stuff is more accessible to people (not just the prices, also the style) which is not so bad. Problem is that some people think they are wearing Louis Vuitton, but its JUST MK.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.