[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /fa/'s take on plastic vs. metal eyeglass frames?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Famous-Eyewear-Sunglasses.jpg (576 KB, 2970x3960) Image search: [Google]
Famous-Eyewear-Sunglasses.jpg
576 KB, 2970x3960
What is /fa/'s take on plastic vs. metal eyeglass frames? I'm sure it's largely a matter of subjective preferences, but I'm interested in hearing people's opinions and supporting arguments.

I prefer plastic. I think they look better aesthetically, are easier to maintain (metal frames tend to accumulate gunk under the nose pads that's really, REALLY hard to clean out) and more durable (when I've had metal frames in the past, I found they tended to bend very easily, and were never quite the same afterwards).

As a teenager, I preferred metal frames because I thought plastic frames were too nerdy-looking. But as an adult, I've developed a penchant for the "nerd-chic" look, so the "nerdiness" of plastic frames has become a pro rather than a con. But that's just me.

What's the consensus?
>>
File: rm0410_0.1200x600.1456720187.jpg (22 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
rm0410_0.1200x600.1456720187.jpg
22 KB, 1200x600
nice blog, m2^3

just got pic related for 64 moosaroos

should come in next week
>>
>>11153301
Its sad that you spent a long time making a gif so you could make fun of the girl when it wasnt even her posting.
>>
Any cheap places to cop glasses w/prescription lenses online other than Zenni and Warby Parker?

Also, I'm switching back to metal frames. "Nerd Chic" as OP puts it is played out and dead. A more understated and mature look is definitely more effay these days
>>
>>11153301
The gunk under the nosepads are easy to clean, just unscrew the nose pad and stick the screwdriver into that little socket

As for preferences, no-frame is the way to go
>>
>>11153329
I get mine from eyebuydirect

live in canada though
>>
as always, depends on what you're wearing them with and anything else that may hold relevance about your appearance.
>>
>>11153309
>>11153330
ew
>>
>>11153377
fag

I bet you unironically wear skinny jeans
>>
>>11153301
generally, metal are best imo. dark or silver; gold is hard to pull off. rim-less and semi-rimless can be cool depending on the lens shape/face shape

thick plastic frames are on the way out, but still viable if that's what you want. clear plastic are a meme tho.
>>
>>11153379
rectangle glasses are what people with no discernible interest in their outwards appearance wear, get over it.

i dont wear skinny jeans.
>>
>>11154459
Or maybe rectangular frames work best with their face shape, idiot.
>>
>>11153329
This is true. I see these 30+ year olds with plastic frames at work and they look fucking awful. Same goes for every teen I see wearing round frames. It's all played out. Minimal metal frames look nice and unobtrusive. I have some Flexon rectangular frames that suit my longer face, and they aren't overbearing + don't draw unnecessary attention to my face.
>>
>>11154953
never seen a person that fits this description
>>
File: i.jpg (25 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
25 KB, 599x600
>>11153301
they're missing an important shape
>>
>>11155067
Literally the shape in the middle is the only type that suits round frames.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.