[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is "good fashion" so timeless? This pic was taken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 700x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 700x707
Why is "good fashion" so timeless? This pic was taken in Latvia in 1975, and looks straight out of an inspo album
>>
the only reason it looks modern is because it looks like something hedi would do for saint laurent, which is currently fashionable
>>
if /fa/ was around in the 90s, or even the 80s, this wouldnt look as subversive or interesting

the idea that fashion can be "timeless" is a fucking joke
>>
>>11151079
this style is always relevant you cuck, trends mask them and make it seem like it doesnt exist.
>>
>>11151079
It doesn't looks subversive now.

That's what classic is, it always looks good.
>>
>>11151086
are you implying that these lithuanian children werent dressing according to the trends of the time? that their sense of style was so sophisticated that they managed to arrive at this style of dress in spite of/the absence of the trends? your tastes are purely an intersection of a variety of cultural factors of varying emphasis based on the times we live in, and even if you reject trends, which could very well include aspects of "timeless" fashion, (the awful peacoat trend of the late 2000s), your decisions would still be formed around their existence. how fucking convenient is it that "timeless" fashion only sprung up in the last century

>>11151098
yea spread collars, gaudy belt buckles, cropped macs are classic and will always look good
>>
File: zzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (28 KB, 363x413) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
28 KB, 363x413
kind of related, I'm looking for a photo of a man who looks to be in university carrying some books, wearing a turtleneck pants that go to midcalf and high socks covering what you can see of his legs and some dressy shoes. There may be other people similarly dressed and the turtleneck sweatshirt may be orange

The picture looks like it's from the 70's or something. Can anyone post it?
>>
>>11151116
you completely missed the point.. lurk more
>>
>>11151116
it's possible to look good without following a trend; in many cases this is how new trends originate. and some things just appeal to people's natural sense of aesthetics. a sunset fundamentally looks good in the absence of any sunset trend. a well coordinated practical wardrobe worn by someone with a decent physique will look good now and will look good in a hundred years.
>>
>>11151116
i dont get what youre trying to say.. a suit will always be worn, in the 1950s, 2020, 3042
these shits are timeless
>>
>>11151176
Neither is wearing a suit what picture are you talking about
>>
>>11151188
im not talking about the picture im talking about trends
>>
>>11151192
Wearing a suit casually is a lame trend; the guys who partake are catty, have zero style, and are generally suburban manlets who don't even follow emerging fashion trends / brand-watch cuz they spend most waking hours searching for layering inspo on Pinterest
>>
>>11151031
mens fashion was better back then , now thyre all gansters
>>
File: OVATION-VISON-600x1020.jpg (200 KB, 600x1020) Image search: [Google]
OVATION-VISON-600x1020.jpg
200 KB, 600x1020
because it doesn't follow frivolous trends and imitate whatever the whores in Milan or Paris are wearing at the moment

What you're referring to is chic, not fashion. Fashion by definition is frivolous and disposable
>>
>>11151217
you sound like a supreme hypebeast.
>>
File: kitonlb.png (1 MB, 1168x799) Image search: [Google]
kitonlb.png
1 MB, 1168x799
>>11151277

and you sound like a supreme gentleman
>>
> /fa/ thinks that those two quintessentially 70s fits are "timeless"

That shit's as trendy as it gets, guys, you just happen to like the trend.
>>
>>11151263
>>
File: 1459214992011.jpg (53 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1459214992011.jpg
53 KB, 480x480
>>11151512

stay mad goofnigger
>>
>>11151031
hey I saw this on reddit too
>>
>>11151263
SLP was basically an offshoot of things like this, da fuck you on about?
>>
>>11151116
>lithuanian
this triggered me more than it should have
>>
>>11151031
This only appears timeless because this specific early 70s aesthetic is very in right now lol

>>11151263
this shit also will seem dated af in 10-20 years, like we see suiting from the 40s and 50s now.
>>
"timeless" is basically a code word for "i'm extremely late to this trend but i've seen it around for quite a while so that must mean it's here to stay, definitely isn't on its way out nope no siree"
>>
>>11151783
I'm glad you're triggered you dirty fuck slav
>>
>>11151229
return to the 50s dad. that shit is never coming back. thank god.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.