[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to transition away from vans shoes, but i'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (408 KB, 2000x1124) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
408 KB, 2000x1124
I'd like to transition away from vans shoes, but i'd like to maintain the style while getting something with a more mature look. any suggestions?
>>
boots
>>
How about stop being a little bitch?
>>
>>11143585
>id like to mature away from the most basic inoffensive all black shoe ever made
>>
>>11143609

What are other options under this style category.
>>
>>11143619
They're black shoes motherfucker

just look around until you find a pair you like
>>
>>11143619
Monochrome black shoes are made by basically every shoe company. Read the sticky and find either cheap or high quality shoes based on your budget and buy them.
>>
>>11143592
By being a bigger bitch
>>
>>11143625
>>11143639

The color isn't the issue at hand. I'm looking for a shoe with similiar aesthetics, just not vans. I love the look of vans authentics, but after so many years i've grown bored of them.
>>
>>11143658
Are you honestly tired of them or did you let the asshats on /fa/ convince you that Vans aren't cool?
>>
>>11143658
You're not looking

You're asking to be spoonfed. Go look at some shoe companies and find something you like instead of someone else telling you what to get
>>
unlike most of the kooks in this thread, i'll give you some useful info

suss END. clothing man, they have alot of limited edition vans. You could always go for black CP's or all black CDB's.

Don't listen to what half the people on this board say - most of them actually think rick owens is cool.
>>
>>11143661

Honestly tired. As you can tell by the way I'm getting my ass handed to me, I don't go to /fa/ very often. Haven't updated my style in years. I wear the same levi 510s and vans everyday. I can handle getting new pants and shirts and stuff, but shoes have always been a mystery to me. So I decided to ask on a forum where people knowledgeable on the subject could help out.
>>
>>11143674
Eytys are like the next step from vans up imo.

what do you normally wear man? black shoes work pretty universally but which type of shoe really depends on what you wear - you could wear super skinny YSL jeans but if you wore chuck taylors you're just going to look like an 11 year old scene girl.

On the contrary, if you wear loose fitting chinos and chelsea boot's you'll look like my dad.

I'd say Levi's 511's rolled cuffed an inch off the shoe with some Eytys is the way to go.
>>
>>11143662
But at least you can help by just typing the brand names. It won't take more than 3 minutes, trust me.
>>
>>11143585
Common Projects or Kent Wang Benchgrade t b h f a m
>>
Lemaire slip ons
>>
this is pretty much the exact reason why shoes like common projects exist
>>
Get a pair of Nike huaraches ultras
>>
>>11143585
board is full of lazy cunts. it's shit, find somewhere better before you get attached.

Eytys are pretty much vans but more mature. I know converse and vans tend to be in the same ball park (if you know what i mean, in terms of taste) and you'd probably be a fan of palladiums. Rick Owens does thick soled shoes but they're for big spenders. Nike and Adidas do fucking tons of nice lowtop shoes so snoop around on those sites.
Chrome industries make vans-like shoes that're much tougher.
>>
>>11143585
get a noose
>>
>>11143997

>op asks for vans-like shoes with mature look
>recommends palladium, rick owens, nike, adidas, and converse

I'll agree eyty is closer to the mark, but none of those shoes have a similar aesthetic except the fact that each company makes a low-top sneaker. . .

Better to check out header scheme & common projects which make a vans-like shoe just in better materials
>>
Someone in anither thread said that eytys make you walk funny due to their one inch sole, is that true?
>>
>>11145941
Dunno why it would, I have 1.75" Creepers that don't even affect my stride.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
>>11143585
>>
>>11146383
These will be my christmas present to myself this year, but in grey and white
>>
>>11143585
>I'd like to transition

Stopped reading there, degenerate scum.

>>>/lgbt/
>>
i think the all black vans look awesome
>>
ITT:
"What's the next step up from vans?"

>Posts variations of $300+ designer shoes

Next step up from vans is probably something like Adidas or another slightly higher quality sneaker brand
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.