[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is kind of embarrassing to admit, but I need help learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
This is kind of embarrassing to admit, but I need help learning how to shave.
I'm 18 and my dad wasn't around when I started growing facial hair. No one really taught me how to shave, so I kind of just started to pick up a razor and wing it. I generally get the job done, but it never looks great and I always end up nicking myself, so I know I'm doing something wrong. I get the idea behind shaving, but I don't know any sort of tips or tricks to make it easier. The hair grows thickest on my neck and chin. Mind helping me out, /fa/?
>>
http://m.wikihow.com/Shave
>>
>>11141283
Youtube is your friend, this guy has a good tutorial series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIL7F_KLItg

-From a fellow Dadless youngin
>>
With the grain then against the grain.
>>
>>11141283
>wash face
>lather shaving cream on wet skin(do not dry shave or youll look like like a fucking mess)
>let cream sit for a minute
>shave towards the chin and with the grain
>lightly pull skin when necessary for harder areas
>do not use pressure when shaving, it is not necessary
>soak razor in warm water when it gets blocked with hairs

then just rinse anon. Its really simple actually, and gets easier as you go. Later on you can work your way up to different blade types for closer shaves. Also, if your hair is a bit engthy, trim it before you shave, its easier
>>
>>11141462
What tis guy said.

And one thing also
-before shaving, wash your face with hot water to soften the hair pores
-after shaving wash your face with ice cold water
>>
>>11141485
>>11141462
Accurate. I find that a lot of people get minor razor burn closer to their neck, so I always ease up what little pressure I might be putting to non-existent. You'll learn what directions to shave most efficiently as you do it more and more, but the quoted posts are a great, safe place to start. Consider buying a styptic pen for any nicks you might get (it does happen from time to time) and maybe even some sort of aftershave. I also had learn on my own, for what it's worth.
>>
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
>>
>>11141462
Everything is right expect for the part where he says to soak in warm water.

That is objectively wrong. Rinse the blade off with cold water. Better for your pores/skin, and the cold water keeps the blades sharper.
>>
And don't fall for the wet shaving meme.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1T93rJ9p-s&nohtml5=False
>>
>>11141283
r/wickededge
reddit is pretty informative with these things
>>
Buy gilette and do not fall for straight razor meem
>>
>>11141610
Even using a single blade, applying minimal pressure and hot shower/lather before hand I still get razor burn.

My secret tip for shaving is oil. Use coconut, olive, whatever, you're going to wash it off. A thin film of oil helps the blade glide better.
>>
>>11142964
Wtf is wet shaving? I typically shave in the shower, is that it?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.