[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw the version of yourself you see in the mirror looks 10x
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 128543626112s.jpg (9 KB, 256x249) Image search: [Google]
128543626112s.jpg
9 KB, 256x249
>tfw the version of yourself you see in the mirror looks 10x more attractive than the real life version everyone else sees
>>
>>11136915
I dunno I think I look like shit in the mirror sometimes but I get a lot of positive response if I post my face here.
>>
>>11136915
get your eyes checked
>>
>>11136961
that's his feel bro, it may not be yours
>>
>>11136976
Oh damn I thought he was just making a blanket statement
>>
>>11136915
i look good in mirrors, but then i take selfies with my phone and my face is very long, thin, and featureless aside from a big honking nose

what the fuck? WHICH IS REALITY?
>>
This shit pisses me off. Specifically the mirror vs photos

Pretty sure it's related to lighting and skin
>>
>legs look stubby and fat on one mirror
>legs look slim and normal on another
>>
ITT: people who know absolutely nothing about anything

jesus fucking chris
>>
>>11137468
are you using your forward facing camera? If so it's shit quality. try taking it with a decent camera and see if you're still ugly
>>
File: 14406807312769.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
14406807312769.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>skins looks almost clear in some mirrors
>other mirrors look like my face is made of acne
>>
>>11137533
It could be bad lighting on the phone camera, but generally when we look at ourselves in the mirror we think we look 5x better than we do or something
>>
>>11136915
I have this problem too.

If I take a picture at a good angle i look sexy as fuck but without trying i'm an ugly fucker.

Mind you I have posted what I thought was an average picture to a face rate thread and got told i was just average so maybe i'm just that.
>>
>>11137593
then enlighten us, Dick
>>
>>11137533
and symmetry. You're just used to seeing your face a certain way. If it's mirrored it looks like shit
>>
>>11137468
>bee me
>look bad on photos
>learn how to take photos
>look very good on photos
>>
>>11136915
>tfw 10x zero is still zero ;_;
>>
>>11138405
Also I have learnt how to take good selfies but I'm scared that I don't look as good in real life. I mean nowadays I look good on recordings too, but still...
Things I do to make sure the photo is good:
>don't hold the phone too close to my face
>keep correct tongue posture (tongue pushing the palate, you're supposed to do it all the time; doing this has given me a more defined, hollow cheeks in the long term I think, but I forget about it normally so I make sure to do this for a photo. Note that this is NOT sucking your cheeks in, but I think the effect is pronounced more when I do it actively, in addition to the long-term benefit I've already noticed)
>Best photos are those taken in natural lighting. When I face the direction the sun shines from, my eyes get an extremely fierce blue hue (I have really nice eye colour so I benefit a lot from proper lighting). This may lead to some exaggeration I'm afraid.
>I always use frontal angle, though I sometimes take photos slightly from below or above.
>>
File: BQkoMob.png (93 KB, 214x233) Image search: [Google]
BQkoMob.png
93 KB, 214x233
>love how my fringe looks in mirrors, hate how it looks in photos
>brushing it the other way is uncomfortable as fuck
>>
What you see in the mirror is how other people see you, you monkey.
Mirroring only means you are crooked to the left instead of right.
>>
>>11138479
>What you see in the mirror is how other people see you,
i thought it was the opposite
>>
>>11137468
That's what phones do to faces for a bunch of reasons. Focal length, flips your image, angle, etc.
>>
>be handsome
>be told frequently i'm handsome
>look in mirror, photographs etc
>see like a 5/10
i've had to tell myself i'm handsome despite seeing an ugly person on most days
>>
I've just given up on thinking I'll ever look good
I'm a 5/10 and that's just how my shit is atm.If I ever get alot of money i'll go back to fixing myself up
but Only thing I care about is smelling good and making sure my fits make me feel good
can't fight genetics
>>
People always tell me that I look better in person than in photos, but I always think I look better in pictures than I do in real life?
>>
File: VtvYwCi.png (2 MB, 912x960) Image search: [Google]
VtvYwCi.png
2 MB, 912x960
>>11138519
we are used to the mirrored version of ourselves, when we see our face horizontally flipped in photos we perceive dissymmetry. It's true that people see the same version of you, that you see in the mirror. But since people are used to the real you and not your mirror image they don't perceive this dissymmetry. That's why people see you as you see yourself in the mirror. You can try uploading a picture of yourself on your computer and flipping it horizontally to test this.
>>
You guys should just listen to Jaden Smith
>>
>>11138546
This.
Do a test: ask a friend or partner which is truer to life. Show them a picture and stand them behind you in front of the mirror so they can see your reflection. Odds are they'll be confused at first but end up choosing the mirror.
>>
people never tell me anything

i would not want them to tell me anything
>>
>>11138546
>>11138657
you've made me feel so secure and handsome
bless you anons
>>
>>11138546
>>11138519
it's the opposite retard. try this: hold up your right hand in front of a mirror. Looking at your reflection, it looks like someone else holding up their left hand. It's called a mirror because it MIRRORS the image
>>
>>11138535
iktf
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.