[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think about /fa/ when you first came?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 960x960
What did you think about /fa/ when you first came?
>>
Newfag here, i thought rick owens was retarded but now some of his stuff is alight
>>
"I hope these guys can help me dress well so I can look decent for girls"
>>
>>11135562
It was alot different back then, but so was I. Fell in love tbqh
>>
What kind of guy waste their time with clothes, it's for women, lol these people dress like shit....3 weeks later: yo is that HBA >"you can keep that"
>>
who the fucks spends more than $200 on a t-shirt?
>>
im gonna die alone
>>
I didn't kne /fa/ when i first had sex. Why do you ask though?
>>
>>11135562
I couldn't understand what copping and full Rick and all the other things were so it took a bit of lurking, like with any board. Now I guess I have an awareness of how clothing and stuff which is good.
>>
Wow, I am a newcommer, but those guys in WAYWT dress no better than clueless retards. Rick's cool. Trunks retarded, but chill and cool.
>>
>>11135562
it was about 2009 and i think it was a lot worse.

But also it's a terrible place to learn about entry level stuff and I was entry level at that time.
>>
I'm new I really just came here to look at shoes and stuff.

I've gotten some decent advice and stuff, I really didn't know anything before I came here but now I know how to at least not look that shitty

I still don't fit in with the "effay" trend but I don't really care, I just wanted tips and I usually get them
>>
A bunch of autistic posers

Still do
>>
I can tell you. This is my second time on this board. I came here hoping to find some tips on sprucing up my office attire and perhaps also my casual wear. What I have found is that everyone here pretty much dresses alike, which is like a 19 year old white male who is unemployed on a Thursday night in New York City. I don't mean that as a "haha fuck you guys ur all dumb" insult kind of thing. It just seems like everyone here dresses the same, but real people don't really dress like this.

Everyone here just seems to be a mess of muted, earthy colors, old worn out dress shoes or sneakers/chucks, and pants that don't really fit properly in the crotch and hips.

People seem to advocate wearing whatever you like and developing your own tastes (which I wholly agree with, that's awesome and correct), but none of the people here seem to follow that mantra and instead dress like everyone else with a few select items in their wardrobe that are staples among normal people.

Just definitely not what I had been expected, but I'm not sure what I was expecting from a Korean underwater knitting board.
>>
"what is up with the retarded chelsea boot meme?"
>>
>>11135573
Yeah his bombers geos dunks and denim are alright the rest of that drop crotch and podshorts shit is garbage though
>>
i feel like everyone is much more focused on critiquing one another and feeling edgy rather than being constructive or open in sharing ideas. replies are actually so dead and it's not as active as other boards
>>
"how the fuck do these guys afford so much designer clothing"
>>
'edgy children who feed on hype and contrarian fashion statements argue who can manage to look the shittiest spending daddy's hard earned money on trash'

I still think the same today.
>>
>>11135972
see >>11136090
>daddy's hard earned money
>>
"These guys have a lot of money. This shit is expensive"

I still think this, but I have got a few expensive pieces now, but I pick up basic stuff from H&M and stuff. I'm not buying a £75 white tee from acne studios.
>>
File: 1450665878616.jpg (82 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1450665878616.jpg
82 KB, 300x400
>>11136204
>£75
>expensive
>>
Pretty gay desu. You guys are still pretty gay
>>
>>11135562

"Maybe these guys can help me up my fashion sense... oh, nevermind."

most of what i take away from this board is what NOT to do by looking at all the trash fits here.
>>
>>11136204
Just got here a few weeks ago.
I dont like the fashions
everything is too expensive
i just stay because its the only place where I can appreciate cute thin people dressing decent because I live in a shithole
>>
File: 1385208271182.jpg (3 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1385208271182.jpg
3 KB, 125x123
>>11135562
I just came here, and all I've noticed is that you're as gay as /fit/, but it's a subtle gayness rather than the obnoxious gayness of /fit/.

I don't know why I came here, really. All I own are business clothes for work and knitwear for home.
>>
>>11135562
I cant wait until i fit in skinnys
>>
>>11136253
With the exception of maybe 2 or 3 posters, that's the entire reason I look at waywt threads.
>>
File: 1431926068614.jpg (32 KB, 396x353) Image search: [Google]
1431926068614.jpg
32 KB, 396x353
>some of this stuff looks retarded
>oh god it's all so expensive
>i just wanna dress nice so i don't feel like people stare at me when i go outside
>lunarcore looks pretty cool
>rick owens is weird
>>
>palewave is good
I look back and cringe desu
>>
>>11135562
Im really new.

Im a cheap fuck with a drug problem, so I just started browsing here cause I finally got a new job that pays me enough to have disposable income to spend on clothes.

Im off for two weeks before starting a new job, so I've been going to the mall every other day to pick out new shit (got paid a signing bonus and now have more money than ever before).

So far I've gotten 4 basic tees, a graphic tee that I dont like any more, and a pair of olive green chinos that I dont really like any mire either.

Idk what to do.
>>
>>11136281

its the 'i only go to /k/, /fit/ and /pol/ white genocide muh degeneracy' crowd that shits up the respective boards
>>
>Girlfriend is into fashion
>Always liked dressing well maybe I should check out fashion too
>Maybe I could fine some interesting communities online
>4Chan moves fast and has a diverse community
>Oh these people are kind of weird
>Who is Brick Ovens?
>Ralph Simmons?
>Why they dressing like sith lords?
>Why are they bending their jeans?
>What the fuck is a diet butcher slim skin?

3 Years and 20 pairs of expensive shoes later
>Oh god what have I done
>>
>>11135562
What's with all the jackets?
>>
good question actually... I remember there being a shit ton of peacoat and menswear meming. Also I very vividly remember the meme shoe thread where OP mashed together all these shoes together? Also this baby face fuck. If you're new, definitely do not take this board seriously and just dress how you want to dress, fa should only give you ideas, not instructions
>>
>>11136607
I fell out of my fucking chair to those threads.
>>
>>11135823
dressing for yourself and developing own tastes is very different from looking unique and out of the ordinary. People are bound to dress similarly, don't you agree? Personally when I think about "dress for yourself" I think, comfy, dress so you feel confident, dress so you look presentable as opposed to dressing so you get chicks or flex hard you know?
>>
File: NEET.jpg (202 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
NEET.jpg
202 KB, 1437x908
I thought every post was a meme. Only a recluse autist would discuss fashion on an anime image board. Why would I value such judgement.
>>
>>11135562
I thought it was a hive for urbnites and alike
>>
>why does every single image with pants have that ridiculous fold near the bottom?
>why does everyone taking their pic stand awkwardly, feet splayed apart yet legs close together?
That was months ago and I see it hasn't changed. They all look like retards.
>>
"Wow, these people are really into raw denim jeans and Iron Rangers."
>>
>>11136549
this desu senpai
>>
File: 1445192087807.png (558 KB, 784x800) Image search: [Google]
1445192087807.png
558 KB, 784x800
>>11136570
>What the fuck is a diet butcher slim skin?
>>
>>11136617
I agree that people in the same place going through similar experiences will find similar things aesthetically pleasing. What I see here is people trying their hardest to adapt to their body types to achieve the same type of aesthetic. I see aspies and fatties and eurofags and skinny fats all trying to look like the cool kids on this board.
>>
>>11136570

post collection so i can lol
>>
>>11137006
It's too dank for one picture and I don't feel like taking them all out of place. But i got these:
Ozweegos
Geobaskets
Raf Stans
AJ1
AJ4
AJ5
MMM Gats
MMM Cons
Y3 Qasa
CPs

That's just the Ultra danks, I have many other danks too.
>>
>>11137032

i give the geos a pass out of love for rick, cps are okay, truly the only dank shoes you own are the mmm replicas. everything else is fuccboi trash
>>
>>11137062
>Raf Stans are trash

They might be overpriced and a waste of money, but they aren't trash
It's just that if you paid for them full price, you paid too much.
>>
>>11137032
>MMM Gats
You. I like you.
>>
>>11137032
Fuckboi with lots of money but no taste
>>
"Why is everyone wearing only black with white shoes"
"Guess I better do the same"
>>
>>11135823
Thank you so much anon no sarcasm 19 year old white male unemployed in NYC on Thursday night is exactly how I want to look. (Currently a 19 yo white male unemployed in somewhere less cool than nyc)

Really just the learning curve was funny eg learning all the memes, I liked how mean and funny people were and gawked at the fashion that was all new since I don't live in a big or fa city.
>>
I don't remember 2008, sorry.
>>
>>11135562
You all liked Clarks Desert Boots way too much and then made fun of MFA when they started to suggest them.
>>
>>11135751
Have you never masturbated before
>>
>everyone dresses like degenerates on here
>except for this awesome prep shit
>shit I should do that
>>
>"But where are the colors?"
>"People really wear this ninja thing?"
>"How many vidya games can you buy with that price!"
>>
>>11135958
good meme
>>
>"how does that guy look so aesthetically pleasing? hes just wearing plain clothes"
>"graphic tees arent effay? ok ill take your word for it"
>this place has a lot of good inspiration now i can try to look better for myself.
>>
>>11135562
Since everyone stated their opinions as facts and kept insisting there is such a thing as objective beauty, their insecurities rubbed off on me and I desperately needed their approval. I don't go on as much as I used to
>>
>>11135562
spent most of my time on /r9k/ then /pol/. i knew /fa/ was made but thought it'd be dum, checked it a couple of times, then really started browsing and i was kinda amazed that 4chan fags would care about fashion.

and then i never left because i'm a rick owens fag.
>>
>>11137089
what are you doing with your life
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.