[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joining army, have to shave, should I convert to Islam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: mipsters.png (107 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
mipsters.png
107 KB, 499x374
Hi /fa/, practical fashion issue here. I'm a hipster to the core and I simply cannot part with my beard, yet I'm still determined to join the military - specifically the air force. I've always been interested in Islam and other cultures, so if I convert to Islam, could I potentially keep my beard?

Many thanks. Also, would it be theoretically possible to take my fixed-gear bicycle on-base?
>>
File: Su-35_600x400.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Su-35_600x400.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
>>11135360

Shouldn't you wear a mask while flying?

Anyway dude, Su35 does not distinguish if a hostile pilot has a beard.
>>
>>11135387
I can wear gas masks, they just pull my beard hairs a bit and the seal isn't that great, but it's not like I'm going into a chemical environment. Does the seal really have to be perfect if I'm in a plane?

I thought about obtaining medical permission, but I don't think I'd get it. I just don't know how I can get a waiver as a Muslim - maybe if I converted to Sikhism, but then I'd need to wear a turban.

Do they need a letter from my Imam or something? It probably doesn't help that I'm white
>>
No you can't since it's in the Hadith and not the Koran and therefore there's no doctrine enforcing it for muslims in Western countries.

I mean you'd never make it in the air force anyhow so why bother? Just don't join.
>>
>>11135360
>joining the military-industrial complex
kill yourself
>>
>>11135395
if the seal isnt perfect you cant do it.
the let that sikh keep his beard (which i think is wrong) but they arent going to let him fly a plane or wear a gasmask. hes going to be a desk jockey or something.
>>
File: Nikolai-Valuev-1.jpg (50 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
Nikolai-Valuev-1.jpg
50 KB, 500x412
>>11135395

You know the army isn't about showing off your mouth beaver right?
>>
>>11135414
It's not *.

Hey, worse people than me make it in the air force all the time. Does anyone know the process for religious exemption re: facial hair?

I'm happy to become an Orthodox Jew in that case if Islam is off the table. I'm also sure if I can argue that I am a very, very devout Muslim indeed, and live my life according to the Hadith, they may give me religious exemption
>>
>>11135360
that beard is ugly and needs to go
>>
>I'm a hipster to the core and I simply cannot part with my beard

Then you can't join the USAF. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>11135452
Who said USAF? I'm talking about the RAF.

So I take it nobody has any practical advice re: getting some kind of religious permission?
>>
>>11135360
Just shave it you fucking faggot
>>
not having a beard > being muslim
>>
>>11135460
Oh my god try telling your story to an RAF recruiter

They're going to laugh you out of the door
>>
>>11135467
You're not giving me practical advice, you're just calling me a faggot. Come on bro, I wouldn't be so rude if you were making a thread looking for help
>>
>>11135474
Yeah but who are they to tell me to fuck off? If I'm a devout Muslim, it's discrimination for them to force me to shave
>>
>>11135483
It's not some Tumblr hugbox. They'll know you're a liar and tell you to fuck off because they're the military, that's who.
>>
>>11135499
But if I've formally converted to Islam and have a letter and everything, who are they to tell me they're lying? I'm prepared to fight this shit in court if I have to. Being bearded is like a religion for me already.
>>
>>11135483
>Yeah but who are they to tell me to fuck off?

PLEASE, please try to tell them that you're a devout muslim and that's why you look like shit, then make a thread here with the results.
>>
>>11135483
It would probably be easier to pass off as an orthodox jew anyway
>>
>>11135501
Then you're not going to make it in the RAF.
>>
>>11135503
>that's why you look like shit
I don't look like shit, my beard is neatly trimmed and well oiled, my mustache waxed. I've spent years perfecting it. It would be the finest beard in the military, I can tell you.

>Try to tell them you're a devout Muslim
Maybe my Imam could give the CO a phone call or something?
>>
>>11135508
Yeah, I mean, I already speak German and I spent a few weeks learning Yiddish because it seemed like a cool idea at the time, and they have a lifestyle that does appeal to me. Do I have to get circumcised though if I convert?

>>11135510
Bro, did you ever study "critical thinking" in high school? It would teach you that an assertion with no evidence is not an argument, it's just an assertion that can be easily challenged on the basis that you have no evidence supporting your statement
>>
>>11135523
No it's just that I'm in the RAF and some pasty white boy pretending to be a muslim to keep his beard would be discovered so fast your head would spin.

It's so laughable I don't have the words to describe it.
>>
>>11135542
>Pretending to be a Muslim
Hey, I'm open minded, who said I'd be pretending? Like I said, I'm open to all cultures and religions. If I attend the Mosque every week, learn to pray and so on...
>>
>>11135360
Wasn't obvious until the last part. Do it without it next time.
>>
>>11135549
What do you mean? Nobody's answered that question yet, I'm disappointed to say. I was hoping I could maybe go for bike rides in my spare time, I know I'd be very busy but hopefully I could get some time out of the day to take the bike around the base for a bit. Are we even allowed to take our bikes though?
>>
File: Russian_paratroopers_106th_VDD.jpg (106 KB, 658x449) Image search: [Google]
Russian_paratroopers_106th_VDD.jpg
106 KB, 658x449
>>11135523

Bro, you fail to comply with the rules right from the start. Anyone capable of doing them assertions would not let anyone like you to fuck around a fighter jet.
>>
>>11135561
>You fail to comply with the rules
But they give leeway at times on religious grounds. I'm trying to find out more about that particular route, but everyone is just calling me a faggot or saying "you'll never make it". What use are those? That's just shitposting.

Besides, the rules are discriminatory if they don't allow Muslims to keep beards
>>
>>11135476
But Im helping you.

It is better to follow your dreams than being a shallow person
>>
>>11135542
Evidently, nobody is going to actually help and tell me how the religious permit works. Mustaches are permitted however, aren't they? And sideburns as low as the earlobe?
>>
Dude beards grow back. Just shave it. jfc.
>>
>>11135658
I like how you troll as if anybody gives a flying fuck about the military and the life surrounding it.

It's for poor people who are tricked into it by false hero worship
>>
>>11135658
>Evidently, nobody is going to actually help and tell me how the religious permit works

You could look it up yourself you lazy coward.
>>
Great troll, or utter retard?

No way to tell.

8/10

Hope you get laughed at and force-shaved, OP
>>
>>11135697
Not sure how fighting for my rights as a bearded subject of the Queen to serve my country makes me a coward. Surely guys like you who would happily conform are the cowards?
>>
File: 1458088769313.jpg (477 KB, 1260x1600) Image search: [Google]
1458088769313.jpg
477 KB, 1260x1600
If you really wanted to join the RAF you'd shave.

It's just hair, it'll grow back. Part of maturing as an adult is recognizing the concept of impermanance.
>>
Embarrassing/10

but

Probably a bored bearded buffoon so good trolling my dude
>>
>>11135501
God you're a cunt, go to reddit with this shit why are you here
>>
>>11135360
b8 thread

good one ausbro
>>
>>11135483
>its discrimination
in no way is it discrimination. its no less discrimination than would be refusing to hire someone who cant speak farsi to be a farsi translator.
you have to be able to run a certain time, if you cant, your out. you have to have a certain haircut, if you wont, your out.

why the fuck did you even post this on /fa/ i hope you get banned for shitposting and your thread pruned
>>
Do you think I’m cute, Private Pubes? Do you think I’m funny?
>>
>>11135360
To get special permission I'm sure you'll have you have an imam verify your conversion with a multitude of paperwork / red tape
And the military doesn't make that stuff easy
And they will flat out reject anybody who is willing to jump through hoops just to keep his fucking facial hair
>>
>>11135483
it's your choice to be a muslim and have a beard faggot. and it's their choice whether or not to recruit you.
>>
OP if you're not willing to shave your beard. I have a hard time believing you'd be a decent soldier. You're expected to die for your country, and you can't even shave your beard.

lmao get your dumbass thread out of here and bring it to /k/ so they can enjoy the laugh too.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.