[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are raw jeans just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
I love how they look broken in, but they seem like they could be a big pain in the ass overall. anybody here have experience getting this level of fades? I don't really wash my pants anyway so thats not an issue, but I do worry that the dye will bleed too much on my shoes (I only really wear white shoes so I'd have to buy some docs or something i guess).
>>
>>11133811
Fly undone wee Asian boy
>>
they were a meme 5 years ago

now theyre just trash
>>
I own a pair of raw jeans purely because I love the deep indigo colour they have when you first buy them
>>
>>11133811
the only problem i have with raws is that the cuts are often terrible bootcut shit.

but a tailor can fix them.
like this >>11133841 anon said
the deep indigo color looks really nice and is pretty versatile.

ignore anyone that cares about memes, if you like them buy it. raw denim and jeans in general will always be a staple.

also the guy in op has some crazy fades that i think took him like 3 years to get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WOThq4N2eo
>>
Speaking of
Anyone know who makes a good pair of 10oz jeans?
>>
File: 35JYfLy.jpg (624 KB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
35JYfLy.jpg
624 KB, 2736x3648
>>11135290
heres some more fade pics of apcs
>>
raw jeans are perfectly fine, but don't let /fa/ trick you into buying trash like apc or acne
>>
File: zMRWXcP.jpg (639 KB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
zMRWXcP.jpg
639 KB, 2736x3648
>>11135296
>>11135293
i think Naked and famous makes light weight denim but theres is 8oz
>>
>>11135290
also to add to this post. don't fall for the sizing down 2-3 sizes meme. that's why people have blowouts in 3 months. it's from sizing down so much

what you should go by is the fit that feels right around your thigh and seat area. that part doesn't stretch much at all.

the only stretch you find noticeable is the waist and knees.
>>
File: nakedandfamous.jpg (963 KB, 848x1280) Image search: [Google]
nakedandfamous.jpg
963 KB, 848x1280
>>11135320
forgot pic
>>
>>11135293
levis 511s are around that weight
>>
>>11133841
Me too. The sheen and depth can't be compared to any washed jeans. I usually buy them in fall so they go well with my palette from fall to spring and when summer is 'bout to turn up I'll wash them and have them slightly lighter for the colder summer days.
>>
>>11133811
>are nice jeans you can modify yourself a meme
No, they're the most versatile way to buy jeans. If you want to wash them a certain way right off the bat, you're still free to do so and will get a one of a kind result. I like to put a little fade in mine before the first wash, but nothing like you see in those denim blogs where everyone's showing off how distinct their fades are.
>>
>>11135297
what's a good alternative? I really like the PNS cut
>>
>>11135401
I have PNS, I personally think APC offers the best raws for the price.

Great cut, PNS is compared to Diors.
APC fades really well compared to N&F and similar brands
>>
>>11135401
PNS fit is great. Make sure you size down (I'm a 32 in 99% of pants, I'm a 31 in APC jeans). Probably buy secondhand too, there's a shitload available on eBay/Grailed without much wear.
>>
>>11136052
I don't recommend sizing down, my first pair I sized down 2 and yeah they stretch out, but if you go TTS they won't have to stretch as much and it'll be more comfortable overall imo.
>>
>>11136052
>>11136074
how do they fit versus washed APCs? I sized down 2 on my washed pair because vanity sizing, should I just stick to that with raws? (usually a 29, went to a 27)
>>
>>11136727
I wear a 30
My first pair was a 28, fits tight, loosened a lot though
My second pair was a 30, fits perfect, loosened a little but not much

Everyone says size down 2, but I'd say TTS or size down 1 at the max.
>>
>>11135401
i cant give you an answer to that question presently but literally go to any other raw denim forum and search up cuts similar to pns. heads up, they apparently have a super low rise. like they'll probably reveal your ass crack.

what apc offers is very poor for its price range. don't be fooled by a decent fit.
>>
>>11136740
>APC sucks
>doesn't name an alternative

Because APC is better than 99% of the shit raw jeans out there. There are only a few jeans I'd take over APC and they all cost 300%+ of what APC jeans cost.
>>
>>11136750
okay fine. lvc are great but i doubt op would like the fit.
>>
>>11136750
>doesn't name an alternative
this is what happens whenever anybody shits on APC or Acne jeans. I've yet to see anything in the price range with equivalent cuts and better quality. Yet the
>you can do better for the money
argument continues

>>11136800
>i doubt op would like the fit.
I mess with 501s sometimes but they are in no way a replacement for petit standards
>>
whats the difference between pns and, say, naked and famous super skinny guys?
>>
unless you make them your every day jean the time it will take to get worn in like OP is forever in a regular rotation of several pants
>>
>>11137093

i think japan blue is the best bargain in raw denim personally. acne and apc are made in the shitty parts of asia i thought. fuck that for the price.

https://www.denimio.com/japan-blue
>>
>>11135296
these fades are artificial
>>
>>11137300
no they aren't
they are apcs worn for 4+ years.
>>
>>11133811
brickybrozay
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.