[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NYC general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: -1.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
-1.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
most /fa/ places in NYC?
best stores on a budget?
best stores not on a budget?
general NYC recs?

I'm taking the bus down for the weekend soon, want to cop some goods.
>>
>>11126648
barneys, bergdorf goodman are my 2 faves. could go to kith as well
>>
I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about NYC if I tried. I live just outside the city but have no desire to go into that shithole.

I'd much rather switch places with some guy out in bumfuck nowhere in Vermont
>>
>>11126749
You're a faggot, and I'm from Long Island.

Kill yourself you edgy teenager
>>
>>11126749
I feel you man, I live in the NYC and I would trade a finger to move somewhere cozy like New England. Its a grass is always greener type thing.
>>
>>11126755
Fuck off back to Nassau Community College, fag

>>11126759
Yeah definitely
>>
>>11126764
You're basic as fuck if you can't appreciate the city. You must have no friends and no money, cause if you had one or the other you'd be able to appreciate one of the greatest cities in the world, you basic bitch

NCC is a better community college than you have wherever you're from, no doubt. But I actually went to a private school in the city.
>>
>>11126768
Went to Cornell and now I'm home with no college loans actually. LI fags are the worst. Only some parts of Suffolk are its saving grace. I would torch Nassau county if given the chance though.
>>
>>11126749
>I'd much rather switch places with some guy out in bumfuck nowhere in Vermont

OP here. I live in vermont actually. It's great, but you can't buy nice clothes here except online. No good thrifting either.
>>
>>11126768
>defending a meme city filled with degenerate crazy people
>>
>>11126780
Yeah I would imagine. Enjoy your stay anyhow.
>>
>>11126749
>>11126764
So where do you live?
>>
>>11126759
>New England.
No, you don't.
It's even worse dude, trust me.

i boston
>>
more recs please
>>
>>11128239
Hello Boston, I boston too!

just saw this post on /sp/ actually about Boston that describes living here almost perfectly

>I live here

This city literally tries to imitate NYC so hard it's cringe worthy
BU sucks, UMASS is even worse, MIT is full of nerds and gays, Harvard is full of sheltered Asian kids and young republicans. If you want an ivy league school, don't come to Boston.
All of the college kids are transplants who do not care about your city/pride/etc because most of them know it's pathetic as they have been/lived elsewhere
That's another thing, why are you all so fucking sheltered and love this place so much?
People do not know how to drive. If you drive you best be ready for death
Boston accents sound like you're choking on a potato every time you say certain words
Gentrification is hitting neighborhoods harder than it did in NY, it's just that people don't care enough to talk about it because this place is irrelevant in every except fucking sports and dorms for transplants lmao
Why the fuck is your public transportation system so shit even though it has so much funding?
Newbury street aka Asian International student SOHO
There is no good local food.
The burbs are somehow even shittier.
At least MFA is decent

I understand that it's still better than most places but this place is miserable when it comes to innovation/interesting things to do

I grew up here but have lived elsewhere.
>>
>>11126777
Nj right?
>>
>>11128294
What's your thoughts on Amherst/Williams College?
>>
>>11126747
>kith
Literal shit quality unless it's an asics collab
>>
>>11128294
Going to uni in Boston, born and raised in NYC.
Boston's alright, doesn't compare to the easiness of living in NYC, the easy access to public transportation, a bodega on like every corner, places being open late, etc.
Boston's rent is also way too high for what it is. I live in a 3 bed 1 bath no living room situation and im paying 700. And I live in allston, right on the edge of Boston.
NYC is a much better place to live imho.
Its funny seeing all these other people who haven't acutally lived in NYC shitting on it, but shit was alright. When I graduate I probably wont live in NY because of the job market for my sector there, but I hope to move back there some day, or check out chicago for a few years
>>
File: GNO.png (950 KB, 1000x669) Image search: [Google]
GNO.png
950 KB, 1000x669
>watch SoHo fashion vlog
>some basic bitch goes to h&m, topman, forever 21 and zara
>>
brooklyn has pretty hot slutty white girls
queens near elmhurst has pretty good chicken sticks and dumplings from a street vendor, interesting asian markets near the area.
Canal/spring street is always nice to pass by as well. you'll see a couple of fire fits here and there but everybody seems more well dressed (?) in this area.
Manhattan is tourist central. try not to go to times square please.
bronx a shit
staten island literally who tier
>>
>>11128774
where to shop though amigo?
>>
>>11126648
housing works in SoHo is a good thrift shop. There's some good stuff at the milsurp store and goodwill in greenwich village as we;;
>>
>>11128731
I'm actually moving to Boston from NYC in about two weeks cause I got an awesome job there.

I'm not really too sure about it, since I love NYC, but everyone's been telling me its a pretty fun city, so I figure I'll go there for a year and a half or two years and if it sucks I'll just quit my job and move back. My family is in NY, so it'd be an easy move.
>>
L train vintage has several locations and most of them have some dope stuff
>>
>>11126784
Calling one of the world capital of arts, food, theatre, finance infrastructure a meme.

Hows life in butt fuck no where poor fag
>>
The Supreme store Tf??
>>
ITT: BNTs
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.